Kad Suan Kaew is closing

TheAppletons

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am suggesting that mobile immigration move to KSK instead due to its better location; not that it once was there.

It's a real bummer that Promenada is closed,  I bought my laptop at Chi Chang a few months back, now I don't know where they moved to.

The secondary immigration office has moved to Central Festival.

Look for Chi Chang's facebook page, it shows their new location (it's in thai, but you can copy and paste it into google maps)

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Look for Chi Chang's facebook page, it shows their new location (it's in thai, but you can copy and paste it into google maps)

Sorry, but I don't see any new location for Chi Chang on Facebook.

It shows their main office and storage in Chiang Mai Land, where they have been for 15+ years to my knowledge.

Very limited display space so there's not much to shop around, you'd need to have a pretty solid idea of what you want before you got there.

Is there somewhere else, like Pantip (where they used to be before moving to Promenada)?

Glad to hear Immigration has moved to 'Cent Fet', needed over this side of the city, airport area is too far away.

Thanks for that information.

13 hours ago, arithai12 said:

What can be done at the secondary office?

This is the 1st time I've heard it referred to.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:38 PM, EricTh said:

I am suggesting that mobile immigration move to KSK instead due to its better location; not that it once was there.

It's a real bummer that Promenada is closed,  I bought my laptop at Chi Chang a few months back, now I don't know where they moved to.

Kad Suan Kaew will be nothing more than a memory and a boarded up location in just a few days.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

You can apply for a visa, 90-day report and many other things. I always used the Promenada Immigration Office when possible as the wait time was usually no more than 15 minutes.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, JimmyJ said:

Chiang Mai Immigration's new service point in Central Festival shopping mall 

Open from Monday - Friday 09.00-12.00, 13.00-17.00

Services offered are:

1. Short-term visa extension for tourist visa
2. Visa for teachers / instructors / students (private/government) that are already registered in the system
3. Family visa
4. Re-instatement of Thai nationality for a person whose father/mother is a Thai national
5. Transporting a current visa from an old passport to a new one
6. Requesting permission to re-enter the Kingdom
7. 90 days reporting

• Like 2

On 6/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, Ginkas said:

Sorry, but I don't see any new location for Chi Chang on Facebook.

It shows their main office and storage in Chiang Mai Land, where they have been for 15+ years to my knowledge.

Very limited display space so there's not much to shop around, you'd need to have a pretty solid idea of what you want before you got there.

Is there somewhere else, like Pantip (where they used to be before moving to Promenada)?

Glad to hear Immigration has moved to 'Cent Fet', needed over this side of the city, airport area is too far away.

Thanks for that information.

Central Festival is already too crowded and it's difficult to find parking.

Immigration should have chosen KSK instead which is less crowded now.

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

......Immigration should have chosen KSK instead which is less crowded now.

The topic of the thread is about the closing of all of KSK, effective this Thursday. I presume Immigratiion

might want to place their sattelite office in a place that's open.

As concerns less crowded, it hasn't been for the last many days due to half of Chiangmai attempting to snap up the discounted items. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2022 at 9:05 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I used to love walking around the hotel at the back , 15 floors or dark corridors , it was like a 1970's spy movie . 

Will the hotel and swimming pool on the 6 th floor be closing as well ?

Pang Suan Kaew- We were one of the first to stay there, just about everything to ourselves. Very pampered.

Adjoined to KSG and yes, like a labyrinth.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

Does anyone know if the Green Pharmacy that used to be in KSK relocated?  

Haven't been successful in finding anything from Dr. Google.

I have no idea but would also like to know where he (Pharmacist Khun Samkuan) has relocated, if anywhere.  For a while after his 2nd floor pharmacy closed, he showed up once a week at KSK (back table area) but haven't heard anything about him since even before KSK closed.

2 hours ago, CMBob said:

I have no idea but would also like to know where he (Pharmacist Khun Samkuan) has relocated, if anywhere.  For a while after his 2nd floor pharmacy closed, he showed up once a week at KSK (back table area) but haven't heard anything about him since even before KSK closed.

He was connecting with people through the Line App but I can’t seem to find it on my phone..  Some of the merchants from KSK have moved to Airport Plaza and I will ask if anyone there knows how to contact Khun Samkuan.  

On 11/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, CMBob said:

He went out of business months before KSK even closed. Although he was a nice chap, his prices were among the highest anywhere in C.M.

• 3 weeks later...

Had an interesting conversation with a local business owner today.  Of course this is all unofficial but interesting:  The Company that built the Terminal 21 shopping malls (my favorite is the one in BKK) is taking a long look a KSK as a potential site for Terminal 21 Chiang Mai.  At least there is something going on about this property.  If such a project was given the green light it would be years before anyone us see it.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

On 6/18/2022 at 8:08 AM, Captain Monday said:

What is the procedure normally shift existing accounts to a certain branch? Do customers have a choice? Do account numbers have to change?

The shift is automatic, usually to the nearest branch.

No, the customer has no choice, its the Banks decision.

No, account number remains the same.

On 6/21/2022 at 7:54 AM, ramrod711 said:

The fellow at the currency exchange desk told me yesterday that Central Festival branch would be a good option for me, and that I won't have to transfer money or close accounts, just bank as normal using my existing bank books etc. Hope it's true, although I'm not enthralled with Central Festival.

When my K-bank branch closed, I received a letter stating that due to the closure, my account would be moved to xxx branch from a certain date, and that I would retain the same account number and all facilities as before.

Funnily enough, some of the old staff moved to the new branch, which though a little less convenient to get to, made the move a little more friendly as they recognised me.

Many fond memories of KSK, going back to maybe 2010?  It was an ideal place to be a new farang; you had familiar and easy-to-access shoppes but then also more authentically Thai places for food and massage than you usually find in the more modern malls.  And then of course the market out front, and if you were a brave pedestrian, the moat and the old city is right across the street.

I might have considered the Nimman section again were I to return to CM but my thinking was always that if I were to do that it would be because KSK is just a few blocks away.

Sad to hear it's going.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, sqwakvfr said:

Had an interesting conversation with a local business owner today.  Of course this is all unofficial but interesting:  The Company that built the Terminal 21 shopping malls (my favorite is the one in BKK) is taking a long look a KSK as a potential site for Terminal 21 Chiang Mai.  At least there is something going on about this property.  If such a project was given the green light it would be years before anyone us see it.  

If that's true, I'd imagine they're checking out the Promenada site as well.  Much more space out there.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

If that's true, I'd imagine they're checking out the Promenada site as well.  Much more space out there.

Yes, I would consider both.  But KSK site is in the city and Promenada is more out.  Interesting to see what actually happens or does not happen. 

On 11/25/2022 at 10:56 AM, TheAppletons said:

Does anyone know if the Green Pharmacy that used to be in KSK relocated? 

On 11/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, CMBob said:

I have no idea but would also like to know where he (Pharmacist Khun Samkuan) has relocated, if anywhere. 

I met with him today, and he gave permission for me to forward his contact information.  He does not have a shop any longer, but does make house-calls!  If you want his data, send me a PM.  I don't feel comfortable just posting it here.

14 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I met with him today, and he gave permission for me to forward his contact information.  He does not have a shop any longer, but does make house-calls!  If you want his data, send me a PM.  I don't feel comfortable just posting it here.

Thanks much.  I coincidentally saw him in the neighborhood today and obtained his card.  

• Like 1