Kad Suan Kaew is closing

TheAppletons

On 12/16/2022 at 2:45 PM, FolkGuitar said:

I met with him today, and he gave permission for me to forward his contact information.  He does not have a shop any longer, but does make house-calls!  If you want his data, send me a PM.  I don't feel comfortable just posting it here.

I can't imagine what is so special about buying from perhaps the most expensive pharmacist in C.M.? There are literally hundreds and hundreds or even thousands of pharmacies in C.M. and at least 5 are wholesale and another 100 or more are close to wholesale prices.

3 hours ago, 0james0 said:

I wonder whatever happened to the open floor clothes shop on the second next to the escalator. They had good towels and cargo shorts.

I bought a towel from there , large heavy duty cotton towels for 200 Baht and they had the names of various resorts around Thailand woven into them , I got a Phuket one , even though I have never been there  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

I can't imagine what is so special about buying from perhaps the most expensive pharmacist in C.M.? There are literally hundreds and hundreds or even thousands of pharmacies in C.M. and at least 5 are wholesale and another 100 or more are close to wholesale prices.

Which are the 5 wholesale ones?

Or the least expensive ones with the largest stock?

Which ones do you use?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

I bought a towel from there , large heavy duty cotton towels for 200 Baht and they had the names of various resorts around Thailand woven into them , I got a Phuket one , even though I have never been there  

Now @ level g airport c

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

I arrive in a week...Does this mean Tops in the basement, too? And the cheap good clothes... & the banks?

Airport central bottom floor Tops and a ton of clothes shops. Though some the good inexpensive shops that were there a couple weeks ago are gone now.

Yes novacova the whole place is closed and along with it the establishments to which you refer. Covid has wreaked havoc in many ways in the country and here up country in the much neglected provinces. You will find many shophouse businesses have gone and numerous tourism businesses too. The festive season has been quite busy but the destruction over 3 years will not be repaired for many years.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, brommers said:

Yes novacova the whole place is closed and along with it the establishments to which you refer. Covid has wreaked havoc in many ways in the country and here up country in the much neglected provinces. You will find many shophouse businesses have gone and numerous tourism businesses too. The festive season has been quite busy but the destruction over 3 years will not be repaired for many years.

I was referring to the Airport Central which is hopping now, which is quite clear in my previous post. Not the dead zone ksk ????.

Anyway, the “Export Grand Sale” shop that some here are curious about, that used to be at ksk, then moved to the Airport Central ground level where I bought a few items a few weeks ago is no longer there. I went there a couple days ago and they’re gone. Maybe on another floor or moved to a different shopping center.

Edited by novacova

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2022 at 7:59 PM, CMoldie said:

A friend checked there today. All the accounts will be transferred to the Bangkok Bank Chang Phuak branch. Existing account numbers will be retained. Receipt of overseas payments should continue seamlessly. Your debit card will continue to be valid.

That sucks, they are a very small place with limited staff. My account out near Maya MAll Branch a small original one ended up in Central Airport, what a bitch to get to. And the main guy there has left who was extremely helpful.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, rexpotter said:

And the main guy there has left who was extremely helpful.

The guy at chotana is just as helpful, even more so.

My account out near Maya MAll Branch a small original one ended up in Central Airport, what a bitch to get to.

Good for you!

These old school malls are shutting down all over. Enjoy them while you still can. In their place new shiny places like Maya mall, etc. Once the younger crowd stops going it's a death spiral. Most won't go to places that are empty and lack people, even with good stores still there.

Sad to see them go. Just changing times. Many good memories in older malls from when I was younger. 

That sucks, they are a very small place with limited staff. My account out near Maya MAll Branch a small original one ended up in Central Airport, what a bitch to get to. And the main guy there has left who was extremely helpful.

This thread is nearly two years old. Moderators how about flagging these ancient relics??????

10 minutes ago, retarius said:

This thread is nearly two years old. Moderators how about flagging these ancient relics??????

So what? It closed. Still relevant. Is there something about the dates that bother you?

Does everything have to be brand new? No wonder these older malls are dying.

Edited by JimTripper

2 hours ago, retarius said:

The O.P stated that the KSK was closing temporarily and I was seeing whether it was just a temporary closure .

I did a websearch to see whether KSK was open or closed and this thread was first on the list of results , so I asked on here .

If you think that this thread is ancient, some threads from 20 years get reposted on