ThaiPass no longer required, but...

TT2

I'll be returning to Thailand on July 12. My crystal ball told me to wait to apply for ThaiPass since laws here change at a moment's notice...and it was right.

I am not vaccinated. Will I be required to show a negative Covid test result upon my return? There seems to be some conflicting news out there.

Bangkok post says I don't necessarily need one:

Thai PBS world tells a different story:
"Non-Thais arriving in Thailand will no longer be required to apply for the “Thailand Pass” before their departure, nor will they be required to have insurance coverage of US$10,000 from July 1, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Friday).

They will, however, need to show their vaccination or a COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival and will have to complete a health declaration form, to prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as yellow fever."
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-pass-for-non-thais-scrapped-new-guidelines-issued-for-masks/

Who is correct?

Edited by onthedarkside
link to and quote from BKK Post removed, per forum rules

If not vaccinated You need a negative PCR test cert. 

If you don’t have that you will (or may) be asked to take a test on arrival.

It’s not quite clear if it’s all people without a PCR test cert or just random.

Its not clear if you have to pay for that or not. 

Also, Airlines may have their own requirements. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TT2 said:

Who is correct?

Nothing is 'black and white' in Thailand, but it is very likely that you will (need to) get tested either way if you're not vaccinated, so better wait for more detailed news, and get tested before your flight. I'm doubtful that a test upon arrival would be free.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

"and will have to complete a health declaration form, to prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as yellow fever."

Just how do these idiots dream up these restrictions?  Yellow Fever?  has this ever been required for LOS?  surely Africa only.

How many 'normal' tourists will have ever thought of Yellow Fever Vaccinations?

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If not vaccinated You need a negative PCR test cert. 

If you don’t have that you will (or may) be asked to take a test on arrival.

The English language broadcast of the CCSA decisions on Friday specifically mentioned ATK or PCR as acceptable so it may be even better than you say.