Is Bitcoin going to zero?

Adumbration

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

Well it looks like I might have been correct about paid downramping of Bitcoin.  BSDs like Elon have made millions on todays rally.

The question still remains what percentage is correction and what percentage is manipulation.  

Looks like Elon's post on Twitter has also turned the Dow and Nasdaq futures green.

And still you do not understand how you are getting played by joining the game with the big boys. Huh

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I'm not against it, except for its waste of a finite resource like fossil fuel. I just don't see what value if offers society, and how that justifies the waste of energy.

I also have a personal bugaboo about cults, and crypto is a cult. Like I've written in other posts, it isn't powered flight or the printing press or the transistor or the internet, but is touted by many as being almost more than all four.

I think DeFi is going to be huge and uses less energy than brick n mortar banks. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

It's a blog group open to the public so if free speech is an issue perhaps staying in mom's basement is a better place to be. 

I'm responding to the original question posted. I'm also presenting facts, which apparently bother you.

Glad you made money, hope you can keep it in your pocket.

If you don't like facts then you are free to scroll on past.

Facts, my bottom. 

Go troll elsewhere and get a life. 

You won't be getting another reply from me, as I won't see your posts. ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Research ring signature structure and vulnerability

I'm not smart enough to conduct my own research. But I am smart enough to realize that Monero is really anonymous given the fact that Chainalysis haven't found a reliable way to track transactions (yet).

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

as well as FLOODXML attacks 

...this paper fails to account for significant anti-spam measures that are present in Monero.

The "paper" doesn't present a feasible attack; the protocol already defends against such a proposed attack.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

I'm not smart enough to conduct my own research. But I am smart enough to realize that Monero is really anonymous given the fact that Chainalysis haven't found a reliable way to track transactions (yet).

That's what FLOODXML proved that given volume of transactions the data can be reconstructed to identify users, maybe not every transaction but enough of your real trasanction data is in each transaction and can identified 

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I think DeFi is going to be huge and uses less energy than brick n mortar banks. 

It will be digital indeed, as well low cost and fast, but certainly not decentralised. In fact, we will be seeing decentralised digital currencies issues by central banks sooner. That aside, many new type of payment processors or banks like N26, do indeed take over the business.

The existing big players already own most of those small companies, directly or indirectly, by investments. So eventually they just continue but with the new tech. Does not mean there is no space at all for DeFi or Crypto in general, the strangest niche industries can be worth billions.

But if you look at for example how much USD TRON (TRX) has been moving with issues, on a daily basis, quite some time now, while the price is still really low, proves there is no need for expensive coins to offer solutions.

But let's keep the masses investing regardless, as the cash helps to drive innovation and progress. The masses lose their cash anyway, if it isn't crypto it will be taxes or something else. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

That's what FLOODXML proved that given volume of transactions the data can be reconstructed to identify users, maybe not every transaction but enough of your real trasanction data is in each transaction and can identified 

4 hours ago, fdsa said:

the protocol already defends against such a proposed attack.

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

No it's already been done and expanded on the capability to extract and link to the small valid portions of your personal data that are included in every  encrypted transaction linking thru multiple transactions to construct identy profiles. Again not on every transaction but their ability using AI has greatly enhanced those link abilities over time.   

Both sides of this software "warfare" are advancing at greater rates\speeds than will be acknowledged by Monero as the counter and defend their position. 

You asked for reference info and I'm just providing you with that. 

Believe what you want to. Good luck in your pursuits. 

QAnon influencers are now reportedly defrauding their followers via cryptocurrency scams

Using their large followings on Telegram, QAnon influencers Whiplash347 and PatriotQakes have promoted numerous fraudulent tokens to their followers on the messaging platform. The two, along with other leaders in the chats, frequently weaponize QAnon conspiracy theories in order to sucker their fans into investing in their various cryptocurrency schemes. 

https://mashable.com/article/qanon-influencers-crypto-scams

Unlikely, but elsewhere I was mocked with "Have Fun Staying Poor". when I, in my old age, cautioned that this time wasn't any different to bubbles before, any mention of Tulips was met with intense Millennial derision, "OK Boomer!" Yet here we are -again. 

I suppose I'll be blamed -again, for being a jammy old sod, while they can't get a fair go at life... 

Oh well.

I have "dry powder" in reserve, I'm waiting for sub 10K.

When the fear and gloom is at its nadir, I'll get two or three. 

If it survives; it will likely hit a million within ten years.  

Ether will do ok too, the rest? Who knows...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No it's already been done and expanded on the capability to extract and link to the small valid portions of your personal data that are included in every  encrypted transaction linking thru multiple transactions to construct identy profiles. Again not on every transaction but their ability using AI has greatly enhanced those link abilities over time.   

Both sides of this software "warfare" are advancing at greater rates\speeds than will be acknowledged by Monero as the counter and defend their position. 

You asked for reference info and I'm just providing you with that. 

Believe what you want to. Good luck in your pursuits. 

I belive BTC is one of the tools created for war on terror. It just doesn't make sense any human being with the creative skills and abilities to make block chain do not want his name connected to it, and also get his fear share of the fortune it makes in the future. Any sensible man or woman would had patented block chain BTC or at least tried to for future interest, instead of making a future economic anarchy! 

There are just so many open boxes to tick, that it makes it right.

It is the greatest surveillance tool if made by CIA or any alike. 

Edited by Hummin

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The greatest surveillance tool is now lying on your table or in your pocket, Bitcoin has nothing to do with the surveillance.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fdsa said:

The greatest surveillance tool is now lying on your table or in your pocket, Bitcoin has nothing to do with the surveillance.

Im aware, and to me is no problem, thats not the question about tracking btc on dark web, made by US Military by the way, now used by criminal and terrorists. 

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Im aware, and to me is no problem, thats not the question about tracking btc on dark web, made by US Military by the way, now used by criminal and terrorists. 

then what's your problem with Bitcoin if you don't use it?

Reminds me of the old chain letters scams...Just put your name on bottom of the list, send $$ to the name on top, then just sit back and when your name goes to the top the $$ will come rolling in.  Problem was that everyone said gee why not just put my name at the top instead of the bottom right now?  Trying to get something for nothing has been the bait used successfully by scammers for decades.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Reminds me of the old chain letters scams...Just put your name on bottom of the list, send $$ to the name on top, then just sit back and when your name goes to the top the $$ will come rolling in.  Problem was that everyone said gee why not just put my name at the top instead of the bottom right now?  Trying to get something for nothing has been the bait used successfully by scammers for decades.

Am I missing something? If everyone just sends money to the name at the top and puts their name at the bottom, their name will never get to the top...?

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Am I missing something? If everyone just sends money to the name at the top and puts their name at the bottom, their name will never get to the top...?

the way it was supposed to work was you would get a letter with a list of ten names...you send $$ to top name then put your name on bottom and send letter on to 9 other names on list...each of them then send $$ to top name and put their name at bottom moving remaining names up one slot....by the time you get to the top you'd have hundreds of people sending you $$....a pyramid scam that went on for long time ...when it was made illegal then they tried to do a version where you would sent a gift card instead of cash...i suppose a few early scammers made $$ but it was a simple get something for nothing scam that apparently a lot of people fell for...as dumb as so many are today maybe it's time to revive the old chain letter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hummin said:

I belive BTC is one of the tools created for war on terror. It just doesn't make sense any human being with the creative skills and abilities to make block chain do not want his name connected to it, and also get his fear share of the fortune it makes in the future. Any sensible man or woman would had patented block chain BTC or at least tried to for future interest, instead of making a future economic anarchy! 

There are just so many open boxes to tick, that it makes it right.

No idea where you got that idea from and it certainly has no connection to anything I posted.

Btc has no origin connection to the CIA  the software hackers are behind cracking codes to exploit and steal info and money. 

CIA follows and enhances hacking as a tool to fight real terrorism, just link China and a host of other countries

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Thanks for telling us you nothing about bitcoin. 

So, you think btc is going to zero or not? 

Please explain why you think this. 

You trust everyone?

Who these "everyone" is not important,  but what they do is. Do you know what they do?

Screenshot_20220621-083451_YouTube.jpg

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You trust everyone?

Who these "everyone" is not important,  but what they do is. Do you know what they do?

Screenshot_20220621-083451_YouTube.jpg

And people say crypto has no value. Although Bitcoin isnt a suitable crypto to use as world currency or even for a country to use but others quite possibly!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

And people say crypto has no value. Although Bitcoin isnt a suitable crypto to use as world currency or even for a country to use but others quite possibly!

I don't see how anyone could ever have seriously proposed Bitcoin as a replacement for Government backed fiat currency. As I understand it, there is a limit on how many bitcoins can be mined. I believe the number is somewhere in the vicinity of 21,000,000. How could this possibly work as a currency?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I don't see how anyone could ever have seriously proposed Bitcoin as a replacement for Government backed fiat currency. As I understand it, there is a limit on how many bitcoins can be mined. I believe the number is somewhere in the vicinity of 21,000,000. How could this possibly work as a currency?

20% of found or mined btc is already lost by lost wallets, where some can be retrieved they say,  others not. 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

20% of found or mined btc is already lost by lost wallets, where some can be retrieved they say,  others not. 

Not sure your point, I lost $200 when I was drunk at a Port Fairy folk festival. I'll never get it back. 

5 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

XRP might surprise a few. 

I remember Bread Garlichouse, the ceo was at a meeting with top bankers and the head of the Imf 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:25 PM, Sparktrader said:

10 to 14k maybe who knows

I hope the share mkt dives 20 to 40%

I hope Wall Street collapses into a giant sinkhole. and that it takes Buffet and Munger with it too ????

• Haha 1