Google Says Thai Tourism Shows Clear Signs of Recovery

webfact

Things to look for driving growth:

- pent up demand.  Look for a surge of tourists who waited and waited for many reasons who suddenly come in

- inflation.  Difficulty opening up fast enough and prices going up as a result

- high prices for flights.  It's no secret that flights will rise significantly due to supply constraints and staffing

It will come back but it won't be the way you have known it and it will not be as dramatic as it was.  China is not coming back right now!  

16 hours ago, timendres said:

$2,500+ flights are still a serious deterrent, at least for friends of mine from the States.

Where are they coming from?  

Sure, if I book a round trip flight for tomorrow from LAX to BKK it’s $2500.  If I book a couple months out it’s as low as $847

orbitz.com

One can learn almost anything about any thing with Google Analytics. Wondrous and frightening. 

The TAT of course will continue to take it's forward projections from magical Monk readings of chicken entrails, and whatever strain of bud the boardroom is served after a long liquid lunch. 

9 hours ago, Deli said:

Welcome to Bollywood, this is how it feels in some areas. Not really what TAT wanted to have, when talking about wealthy high rollers spening millions during their stay.

Cheer up, Deli.

You can always change your handle to 'Delhi'. 

More Indian restaurants is good news for many Indians and Brits alike, and I'd rather have a new wave of punters who bargain adult entertainment prices down, than the stupidity of certain other groups who start bargaining at THB 4K because they're trying to gain "face" with a provider they'll never see again!

Edited by chalawaan

22 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It will pick up but will probably never be the same again. People have less money and everything is getting too expensive. 

I feel you are correct.  

It is so expensive to fly now and it's a gargantuan hassle.  Im not interested in travel right now - it's too stressful.