PrikPot Sparks Thailand’s Online Cannabis Market

webfact

11 hours ago, proton said:

I'd rather buy a bottle of 8 year old blended single malt 100 pipers for under 700 baht. Competition will bring the prices down.

Yip, it's a lot after reading how far a gram stretches....double or more than US pricing having a look.

Wonder how growyourown stacks up per gram in this country....

6 hours ago, Smithson said:

There is already an oversupply of cannabis on the world market. In California it's only $1,000 a lb. Growing indoor is expensive here due to the heat. Current high prices will encourage farmers big and small to start growing. In the end I can't see how the indoor growers will be able to compete.

Indoor growing began to avoid detection and to enable year cultivation, especially in cooler climates. Companies may try to market indoor as better quality, but the difference over greenhouse grown would be negligible. I'm not aware of any other crop grown indoors. It's simply unnecessary and with time cannabis is likely to be field and greenhouse grown in poorer countries with cheap labour. There may (and should) be a backlash against unnecessary electricity use due to climate change.

This is Lesotho, a country with an ideal climate and plentiful cheap labour. It's cannabis industry is already well established.

How Lesotho Is Pioneering Africa's Medical Cannabis Industry » Business  Focus

Is it possible that indoor growing negates the need for pesticides so is more organic & is easier to control? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

PrikPot is being very fair and honest with answering posts here......Some guys here need to relax and let up on him,......

I am a ex-smoker myself......But I do know people will pay and pay well for quality and people will pay and pay well for convenience.......Mix the 2 and you have a winner.........Hey there would be no  5 star restaurants if everyone only wanted cheap prices for meals......

You nailed it man.  When I was back in falang-land there was nothing like coming home from the office on a Friday night and having my doorman hand me my dropoff envelope for the weekend.  Quality and convenience is key for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What the hell is going on 2 months ago everyone was mocking them about the 0.2 THC thing and now you can buy Kief wasn't this known before?

Their plan to boost Tourism is working I am thinking of getting a job so I can have  have some of this. Kief and A massage sounds good to me. 

Edited by juice777
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

Yip, it's a lot after reading how far a gram stretches....double or more than US pricing having a look.

Wonder how growyourown stacks up per gram in this country....

Actually it's a steal at Chicago prices.

Edited by happydreamer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, tomster said:

Are you sure there is a 6 plant rule for indoor growing - nothing in the Royal Gazette about so far? Just that you should not sell to people under 20.

Seems to be open house on how many you can grow at home currently, I guess the bill that is on it's second reading in parliament will address it.

As an individual, there are no restrictions on the number of plants you can grow. As a business, you need a commercial license and the number of plants you are allowed to grow depends on the province and a few other factors that are anything but solidified at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

i tried to find the link the guy kindly sent to me but didnt find anything,  Shame as its what I like and the price is very good

Will try to resend it to you again in PM.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PrikPot said:

I am sure the "schizophrenic behaviours" was not due to hydroponic growing. ????

Our products are grown in-doors, so that means there are no pesticides and we do not use any PGRs (plant growth regulators), so it is 100% organic. Many of the cheaper versions available are grown outdoors, which makes it a lot cheaper to grow, but also produces a much lower yield unless they use pesticides and PGRs. 

This did not fully answer the question . What does Organic mean ?.

It is stated the plant is grown indoors . Is this hydroponically or other method. How is the nutrients / fertilizer applied. 

To be truly organic all the plant nutrients are supplied from living matter and not synthetic chemicals.

How do the suppliers validate the plants are grown organic.

30 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

This did not fully answer the question . What does Organic mean ?.

It is stated the plant is grown indoors . Is this hydroponically or other method. How is the nutrients / fertilizer applied. 

To be truly organic all the plant nutrients are supplied from living matter and not synthetic chemicals.

How do the suppliers validate the plants are grown organic.

Correct. We can't answer for other suppliers, and I know many of them grab whatever they can right now just to be able to meet the demand. I can only answer for ourselves, and we have strict requirements what is used in terms of nutrients, soil and lighting. We are already sold out on several strains, and we will not restock unless the growers meet these requirements. 

So to answer your question, organic to us means that there are no PGRs used and the level of organic nutrients are used, and used correctly, to avoid nutrient burns. And of course, no pesticides. 

pgrs.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

What the hell is going on 2 months ago everyone was mocking them about the 0.2 THC thing and now you can buy Kief wasn't this known before?

Their plan to boost Tourism is working I am thinking of getting a job so I can have  have some of this. Kief and A massage sounds good to me. 

That' s because it was badly reported. The 0.2 THC thing related to extracts; ie no high concentrate sweets, oils etc. The whole of the PLANT itself has been taken off the narcotics list and can be be used leaves, flowers, buds whatever. Happy days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DoctorB said:

That' s because it was badly reported. The 0.2 THC thing related to extracts; ie no high concentrate sweets, oils etc. The whole of the PLANT itself has been taken off the narcotics list and can be be used leaves, flowers, buds whatever. Happy days!

I am still finding all this hard to take in as a none Thai  in a hotel where can I smoke? and if I had a Condo am I allowed to grow?

• Haha 1

Yes, the price is way too "high". What some of you are not understanding is the difference between flower and bush. The hybred is very potent with a great taste and smell for most of us. The bush is grown outside and you basically get leaves with a very low taste and smell. In Canada they also made the mistake of charging too much and the black market was not put out of business and the prices have come down after 3 years. For a good quality you can pay 2000 baht up to 4000 for 28 grams. The costs are 3 times higher in Canada to produce compared to Thailand so why is the cost here 3 times higher to buy, I think we all know the answer but as anything it is all about supply and demand and when the bud dries it will have to be put on sale

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PrikPot said:

We hope that in time we will be able to lower the prices to more "international" levels of 300-400 baht per gram. 

International prices are significantly cheaper than that. Canada, which has had legal marijuana for a few years, has 14 grams of around 20% thc starting around $50CDN for all 14 grams. That's around $3.50 a gram, or about 95 baht.

Good luck squeezing money from all the unaware suckers.

Edited by gargamon

25 minutes ago, gargamon said:

International prices are significantly cheaper than that. Canada, which has legal marijuana for a few years, has 14 grams of around 20% thc starts around $50CDN for all 14 grams. That's around $3.50 a gram, or about 95 baht.

Good luck squeezing money from all the unaware suckers.

U.K. prices not quite that cheap same service order online next day delivery….£35 …3.5g(1500 bht).gets a little cheaper the more you buy.

who just orders a gram????????????????????

0F0396A9-B4E9-49FD-B4AF-A98F98D54BCD.jpeg

C9807C70-D167-47A7-8420-B8DC70E4FEA9.jpeg

Edited by taninthai

2 hours ago, garyk said:

That is over $660 /ounce at 700 baht / gram...  ouch...

Nobody is forcing you to buy it, that is the advantage of the free market. Simply buy where you think you get the best value, very simple really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1