PrikPot Sparks Thailand’s Online Cannabis Market

webfact

1 hour ago, stoner said:

this is a pretty great post for people just starting out. great info you put together.

only issue is that 90 percent of first time growers fail. even if they go full cycle the bud if very disappointing. most people starting out can expect 3 to 4 cycles of learning before they will have anything worth it. even then depending on their skill.

to get that great smelly dankness takes years...most never get to that level and fade into a sea of average growers.

Lucky I have had experience growing in the UK 33-34 years ago... a lot to remember now though, and things have changed significantly since then.

IMO, the best way to learn how to grow properly is give yourself a biology lesson. Learn about what plants need, then you have to learn what cannabis plants need specifically, and how to spot deficiencies and what is causing them. 

You can grow outdoors here too, ok the yields will be far less but there's no reason to spend thousands on hydroponic systems straight away if you are just starting out. 

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

ok the yields will be far less

this depends on many factors. thai sun is pretty hard to beat for growing plants. 

most often it all comes down to grower talent. something most *growers* are lacking. ????

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, PrikPot said:

Members of ASEAN NOW are entitled to a 10% discount on all orders. Just enter the discount code ASEAN10 at the time of checkout. We ship for FREE all over Thailand, and in Chiang Mai we offer same day delivery????

So you are in Cnx? you have a physical shop?

10 hours ago, PrikPot said:

I am not sure how you can call this a rip off. Our prices are based on the current market conditions, which in reality means how much the growers charge, availability and product quality. And of course you can grow it yourself. Why buy a car from a dealer when you can build it yourself, right? We are not trying to compete with the home growers, we offer our products to people who appreciate great quality and service combined with the convenience of home delivery. If that is not for you, that's perfectly fine. 

As we mentioned numerous times in this thread, prices WILL come down. It is not our choice, it is based on the current conditions. It has only been 10 days, and you compare prices what? US market? Amsterdam? They have been ahead of us with a few years, so you have to understand it takes time for the market to regulate. 

If you can find a reliable and trustworthy source that offers great support, free delivery all over Thailand and a real entity that you can actually visit, for a price better than ours. Good on you. But we are in this for the long run. 

Cheers. 

How do you grow *indoors' without the need for pesticides like Brit Man^? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

how do spiders get in your bathroom?

The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water spout.
Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain,
and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.

17 minutes ago, happysoul said:

Please give Prikpot a break about their prices.... So they dont need to answer stupid and recurrent posts and can send my parcel ????

Agree, it's a service, for convenience & hopefully quality control.  If you can use, fine, if not, fine also.

Maybe you can buy same for less, but is it delivered for free, and 10 % off.  If I was buying said product, I'd probably go with them, PrikPot, as limited availability where I am, and would cost about the same, or much more if I had to actually 'go' shopping.  Petrol costing more than the buds, since closest 'shop' is 100 kms away, and price at 500-600 anyway.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tomster said:

Whereas indoor weed grown by a grower that knows what they are doing is way stronger than outdoor weed because indoor grow lights are currently capable of pushing out 20 times the usable light than the sun at max strength produces and hemp is one of a handful of plants capable of using that much light (many plants simply don't have the ability to do so).

It also depends on the strain of hemp grown, indoor types are generally strong than outdoor types.

Nothing to do with hydroponics or not hydroponics though, as far as I know.

Indoor can be grown outdoor and visa versa, but will not perform as well (although some strains are suited to both). The claim of light levels being 20x higher doesn't really make sense. If this is the case why aren't buds on indoor grows much larger than outdoor? In Lesotho they use a thin fabric to lower light levels in outdoor grows.

I've seen local indoor, it looked great but lacked fragrance and wasn't strong at all, no way. My guess is that's due to low light levels. Growing with lights is difficult here due to the heat and I wonder whether this didn't compromise the grow.

The sun is free, it comes up every day and you can set your clock by it. But the sun doesn't advertise. It's much cheaper to grow under the sun, so there is no need to claim all the expensive systems and related price tags are justified due to much superior quality.

Google 'cannabis glut', at the end of the day indoor will not be economically viable on a large scale. This is Columbia

medical-cannabis-1024x640.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PrikPot said:

Correct. We can't answer for other suppliers, and I know many of them grab whatever they can right now just to be able to meet the demand. I can only answer for ourselves, and we have strict requirements what is used in terms of nutrients, soil and lighting. We are already sold out on several strains, and we will not restock unless the growers meet these requirements. 

So to answer your question, organic to us means that there are no PGRs used and the level of organic nutrients are used, and used correctly, to avoid nutrient burns. And of course, no pesticides. 

pgrs.png

dense bud doesn't necessarily mean its grown with PGRs ! 

1 minute ago, superal said:

So cannabis is now legal to buy local or on line but not vaping or online alcohol . Thai people can be seen openly vaping without a concern but for a foreigner , beware . 

RESPONSIBLE people (Thai or non) usually don't fear the BIB when enjoying their 'vices'.

Laws are to protect us, from non responsible folks, and protect them, from themselves.  Sad any laws are needed, but it is what it is, because of THEM.

7 hours ago, stoner said:

this is a pretty great post for people just starting out. great info you put together.

only issue is that 90 percent of first time growers fail. even if they go full cycle the bud if very disappointing. most people starting out can expect 3 to 4 cycles of learning before they will have anything worth it. even then depending on their skill.

to get that great smelly dankness takes years...most never get to that level and fade into a sea of average growers.

If one is an experienced gardener, and there are many here, then it's a relative easy plant to grow outdoors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smithson said:

If one is an experienced gardener, and there are many here, then it's a relative easy plant to grow outdoors.

do a cannabis crop outside. document it along the way and come back post it here. 

growing outdoors here is far from easy. sorry maybe that is wrong. growing something worth smoking outdoors here is far from easy.

being a gardener does not really prepare one to grow the kind of bud people are looking to smoke. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 12:38 AM, juice777 said:

What the hell is going on 2 months ago everyone was mocking them about the 0.2 THC thing and now you can buy Kief wasn't this known before?

Their plan to boost Tourism is working I am thinking of getting a job so I can have  have some of this. Kief and A massage sounds good to me. 

People read a Facebook post and become experts on cannabis and Thai law - that is what happened. The scary thing is that I have even seen alleged Thai Legal professionals sprouting that 0.2% nonsense.

It would help if that old bloke from the Thaiger and other YouTubers would stop spreading this rubbish.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:36 PM, PrikPot said:

Agree with you too on this. International prices for premium quality is around $10-15 per gram if sold online. We are sure it will drop to those levels here too, in time. As stated above, like in any retail business, you can find cheaper on the street, Line-sellers etc. They do not carry the overheads as more professional retailers do, and also do not offer the same level as service. 

It all depends what you are willing to pay for it and what level of service you require. It is a free market, and at the moment it is the buyer's market. ????

Um not at your ridiculous prices it is definitely not a buyers market. How the hell are you in sales?

• Like 1