Video: Pack of stray dogs chase tourists on popular southern Thai beach

webfact

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

it becomes tiresome after a while .... stray dogs on beaches, in soi's ,  at 7/11 shop fronts etc ... etc ...

biting kids, in some cases attacking and maiming children who require stitches ....

but yet this silly country does not see that as wrong ...  what kind of mentality are these people to allow this to keep going on year after year ......

crazy people that's for sure !

Until the dogs eat a few Rich Tourist nothing will be done!

• Like 1

"About 10" ? I see 7 playing on the main beach in front of the marlin statue. This is the main street main beach, if there really was an issue, there would not be people on the beach. Yes the dogs are there every morning and night asking for food,  they are hungry,  because they have been abandoned,  a lot of times by tourists who come here and have them as pets then leave.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

it becomes tiresome after a while .... stray dogs on beaches, in soi's ,  at 7/11 shop fronts etc ... etc ...

biting kids, in some cases attacking and maiming children who require stitches ....

but yet this silly country does not see that as wrong ...  what kind of mentality are these people to allow this to keep going on year after year ......

crazy people that's for sure !

What kind of mentality allows mass shootings of their kids eh? And, unlike the Thais, they are supposed to be educated.

Edited by SunsetT

45 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Here we go again ,No matter what is suppose to be done with Soi dogs,

Exterminate that is , The Government Turns Deaf ears to that .

Peoples lives Matter  Soi dogs need be Exterminated .

News Flash .... TIT ... Buddhist don't kill living things for no reason.  Many westerners would agree, killing something isn't always the humane way of things.

Could the situation be handled better, probably.

Some uncommon common sense:

... Educate yourself on dog behavior; aggressive vs excited

... if dogs around, not a good time to open the picnic basket, or show food

... if too excited for your comfort, share food, and back out of area

... NEVER run from or turn back on any dog

... if you think you can't get to a safe area away from dog / surf, go in the surf

... choose your location wisely, first come, first served or

have a stick handy. No need to use, they see, they know

... where I'm at, I welcome the soi dogs, as they keep the

very aggressive monkeys at bay ????

Happy Chillin'

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alanmel said:

"About 10" ? I see 7 playing on the main beach in front of the marlin statue. This is the main street main beach, if there really was an issue, there would not be people on the beach. Yes the dogs are there every morning and night asking for food,  they are hungry,  because they have been abandoned,  a lot of times by tourists who come here and have them as pets then leave.

Yes of course, its on the top of my holiday purchase list, factor 50, sunglasses, an ice cold beer and a mut to follow me around for 4 weeks........I nominate the above for post of the year award ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

Ive said it 100s of times,  1000000 dogs dead is better than losing 1 human life,   poison every soi dog,  get them off our streets,  they are like rats,  f@kin vermin. 

You could say the same about dangerous drivers,  drunk drivers, speeding drivers ect. I live in rural Isaan so I don't know what it's like in cities but I can't remember ever seeing a really aggressive dog here. Either in a city or not. Maybe it's more to do with the people than the dogs. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Efforts to spay and sterilize the dogs have been hindered by dog lovers who criticize the authorities for their actions. 

I guess none of the dog lovers have been bitten by them or thrown off/down the bike as it happen to me when, 2 years ago, spending 1 week there

Edited by Mavideol

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Maybe you could consider moving to a less 'silly country' as you describe Thailand. Personally I do not regard Thailand to be a 'silly country' and, by the way,  in my case, and in my family's case, I have never had any problems with stray dogs here.

• Like 1