Two-year-old child brutally attacked by dog in South Pattaya, has over 200 stitches

webfact

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

I don' think it's a fantasy to expect humans to control their pets, it's basic common sense/responsibility.

And yes, you're right, if it were my child I'd be livid, but it's not, that's why I have a levelled and reasonable approach to the subject, which is to punish the human owner, not the vicious dog, which was bred by humans, and owned (& not controlled by) humans.

Problem is that basic common sense is not very common

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Problem is that basic common sense is not very common

Let's continue to spread the word of common sense then(perhaps not with the use of a stick, against the owner, in my case), instead of ending innocent dogs' lives.

4 hours ago, MaiDong said:

No dog deserves to be put down - only the human 'responsible' for allowing this dog to roam free deserves that treat.

what about strays with no owners attacking people? any stray should be put down attacking or not

5 hours ago, MaiDong said:

No dog deserves to be put down - only the human 'responsible' for allowing this dog to roam free deserves that treat.

All dogs who maim and kill need to be put down. Period. The sooner, the better. Put down the owner too. 

Edited by spidermike007

On 6/22/2022 at 6:17 AM, proton said:

Dog will not even be put down, any dog attacking anyone should be immediately sent on it's way to the kennel in the sky. 

Any dog not on a lead with its owner should be treated thus. If you want action, cut/paste this story across FB et al.  Bad publicity is the only way to get any action round here.

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This poor kids life will never be the same. The dog should be immediately put down. And all owners of dogs who commit these kinds of crimes, should be charged with causing grievous injury, and made to serve prison time. This kind of thing is no joke, and the authorities need to start taking very badly behaved dogs seriously.

If it were a member of my family that dog would have been taken down already. Gone, baby gone. And the owner would be dealt with severely, also. 

I understand the sentiment, but you would have to find them first.

The owner and the dog have apparently disappeared and the house is shuttered; the farang husband is apparently out of the country, and maybe thinking twice about returning.

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The owner and the dog have apparently disappeared and the house is shuttered; the farang husband is apparently out of the country, and maybe thinking twice about returning.

The owner is not a farang. According to an updated report:

The owner of the dog is a Thai man who has admitted negligence and not controlling his animal.

He faces a month in jail and/or a 10,000 baht fine.

4 hours ago, proton said:

what about strays with no owners attacking people? any stray should be put down attacking or not

Strays should be neutered/castrated(not sure what it's called) and housed in sanctuaries funded by the government, especially considering it's the governments fault for not educating it's population against dumping unwanted dogs in the streets.

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I understand the sentiment, but you would have to find them first.

If it were my daughter, I would start, by hiring a good private detective. He would track them down and I would put them down, like they deserve. Of course, that would include any and all dogs they had, just to be certain. Old testament style! 

A eye for an eye. 

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The owner is not a farang. According to an updated report:

Thanks for the update. To be clear, I never said the owner was a farang.

My wife translated the commentary with the video which said that the skinny Thai woman that was trying to get the dog off the kid was the owner. It also said she was married to a farang.

I hope due diligence is carried out to verify that this guy really is the owner, and not somebody being paid to take the rap, and maybe minimise compensation ……. cynical, moi ???? ?

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
punctuation