Twelve injured in Bon Kai fire, 100+ take refuge, support payments to be issued

webfact

image.jpeg

More than 100 adults and children are now taking temporary refuge at the local youth centre, after about 30 houses were burned down or heavily damaged in a two-hour blaze yesterday (Tuesday). 12 people were sent to hospital to be treated for the effects of smoke inhalation. Support and repair payments will be issued to those injured or have lost property, according to Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt.

Chadchart returned to the Bon Kai community late Tuesday night to visit the victims of yesterday’s blaze and to ensure that they are being provided with the help they need by Pathumwan district office, including a new shelter in case they are not rehoused for an extended time.

The governor said that the owners of any houses that were razed or severely damaged will receive 5,000 baht as initial compensation, whereas those who were tenants will receive 3,000.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/twelve-injured-in-bon-kai-fire-100-take-refuge-support-payments-to-be-issued/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The governor said that the owners of any houses that were razed or severely damaged will receive 5,000 baht as initial compensation, whereas those who were tenants will receive 3,000.

Such generosity... but then again did they have property insurance?

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Such generosity... but then again did they have property insurance?

In this country, really? Is it even available for a renter.  I looked for almost a year for my condo to get it covered....astronomical prices.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

5,000 baht as initial compensation

If it was my house back home, I'd need 5,000 as petrol alone, then another 20,000,000 to get the house back to the way it was.  plus probably another 5,000,000 just in case.