Birmingham International Airport-car hire

Hi, this is a long shot but here goes!

I am due to arrive BHX on Aug 9th. and I have booked a hire car from Rental cars Green Motion.

The procedure for picking up the car seems a little long winded to say the least!

I have to go to the desk in the terminal to do the paperwork then catch some kind of rail connection to the International station.

Then I have to look for a bus stop where a shuttle will take me to the hire car office.

Seems something like hard work!

So I was wondering if anyone as used this service and can give me an idea what I'm going to be up against?

Any help appreciated!

47 minutes ago, monsieurhappy said:

Green Motion

Never heard of them.

Not been through BHX since autumn 2019 due to Covid, but can't imagine much has changed. For Avis, Hertz, Europcar etc you go to the appropriate counter close by where you exit from arrivals. Do the paperwork and walk about 5 minutes from the terminal to the Hire Car Car Park, which is next to the entrance of Car Park 4. Find the hut for your hire company and get your keys. You can return to the vehicle to the same place.

The issue is with Green Motion, not the airport. Seems Green Motion have their depot serving Birmingham Airport and Birmingham International on the station side. Hence the need to go from the airport to the station and shuttle to the collection point.

https://greenmotion.co.uk/car-hire/united-kingdom/birmingham-international

Edited by Stocky

If its not too late then I suggest you switch to a different car hire company. Green Motion have a very bad reputation for 'finding' damage when the car is returned.  Their damage charges are ludicrous.

The premises of our family business in the UK (motor trade) is  located a short distance from a Green Motion franchisee and I am very aware of their modus operandi.  If you do hire a car from them then I suggest taking out excess insurance cover and thoroughly photograph every panel on the car.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46974240

Edited by HauptmannUK