Tax for expats in Thailand?

Employed in Italy, I get several weeks of paid vacation per year and I would not dream of paying income tax on this income in Thailand or any other country when travelling there as a tourist or for other reasons.

• Haha 1

quote "I was sent this.  Should i be paying tax on any earnings whilst on a tourist visa?"

I have no idea who sent that to you but the only way you will pay income tax in Thailand is if you are working and you actually declare that you are working. You would have to get a work permit, declare your earnings and unless they exceed 150,000 thb you pay no tax.

This of course assumes that you can get a work permit in the first place. If you are under the radar nobody will know anyway.

Tax rates 

https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2021/09/thailand-taxation-of-international-executives.html

Taxable income bracket

Total tax on income below bracket

Tax rate on income

in bracket

From THB To THB    THB   Percent

0               150,000      0         0

150,001     300,000   7,500     5

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

Employed in Italy, I get several weeks of paid vacation per year and I would not dream of paying income tax on this income in Thailand or any other country when travelling there as a tourist or for other reasons.

A tourist doesn't have to pay tax , somebody living here and working is a different thing.