I want to stay 6 months in thailand

Do i need Special tourist visa? I am from Eu.

I could easily get multiple entry visa few years ago, but now they demand so many stuff....liek I have to have a proof for hotel payment for whole period....

I mean what <deleted> is that...I dont know where I will stay the whole time. I will travel around. 

It is crazy what demands there are. Seems one option is if you own a condo, it is easier, which I do not own yet.

• Like 2

Tourist visa + 30 day extension = 90 days.

Border run for visa exempt entry + 30 day extension. = 60 days.

Wash and repeat border run = 60 days.

Total 7 months 

OR enter step 1 visa exempt instead of tourist visa total 6 month. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

I could easily get multiple entry visa few years ago, but now they demand so many stuff....liek I have to have a proof for hotel payment for whole period....

I think you should look closer at that requirement. It think it means for the first entry to Thailand using the METV.

If you don't like the requirements for a a METV you should check at what is required for the STV.

Are you using the e visa site for the application?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

You will find that most countries have similar rules for similar situations. We EU citizens are spoiled. We should look what our countries demand of a Thai citizen for a simple 2 weeks vacation as an independent traveller.

OP, you want to travel around, why not insert a week to a nearby country and re-enter a second time.

But what happens if he meets a girl?

• Haha 1

On embassy page for my coutnry we can get only tourist visa or STV (special tourist visa)

for tourist visa it is mentioned you can stay 60 day plus 30 days extension....but it does not say you can go border run to get another 60 days......so I am afraid of that....

so on thai visa wbeiste

this is mentioned

• 1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
  • 2. Photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months.
  • 3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).
  • 4. Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).

under 4 how to prove that? Can I screenshot my paypal account? Or payoneer?

than it says

Period of Stay

Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa may be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
SO IT MEANS I CAN STAY 90 DAYS TOTAL, not more????

Extension of Stay

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at http://www.immigration.go.th). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.
WHAT IT MEANS?

26 minutes ago, parafareno said:

....but it does not say you can go border run to get another 60 days......so I am afraid of that

You can obtain another tourist visa at nearby consulate.

OR you can do border bounce and obtain visa exempt entry.

You can make two visa exempt entries via land border per calendar year.

Edited by DrJack54

Good stuff…

Here is one for you guys:

1. I started my USA Social Security first direct deposits to TH K Bank March 2022. My plan is to eventually use that method for obtaining a Non O at immigration in TH.

2. As I am now in the USA and spend the summer, I will need a method to “burn” 6 months while my Direct Deposit method seasons to the twelve month Imm. requirement.

3. I will return Sept 28th, I guess that I could do the Tourist visa+30 days (=90) + border run Visa Exempt + 30 days (=60) for the total of 150 days…then again visa exempt for 180 days needed to apply for the Non O next March…?

4. If so, will I need at least 15 days left on my permission of stay in March to apply for the Non O (single entry)? Note: Twelve DD happens March 3rd 2023.

5. Since I will have the seasoned twelve month…800k NOT required for the Non O application via the seasoned Direct Deposit method?

I will total up the costs involved (TV/travel for Border run/insurance req.) so see if it is feasible.

Otherwise this year I may spend the money use the agent to cut all the BS until my Bank DIrect Deposit’s season.

Cheers!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can obtain another tourist visa at nearby consulate.

OR you can do border bounce and obtain visa exempt entry.

You can make two visa exempt entries via land border per calendar year.

just to reconfirm are you absolutely sure you can do two visa exempt entries via land per calendar year? and also then extend each of those another 30 days at thai immigration?  thank you for first hand info.

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

just to reconfirm are you absolutely sure you can do two visa exempt entries via land per calendar year? and also then extend each of those another 30 days at thai immigration?  thank you for first hand info.

Yes you can do that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, luckyblock token said:

I need only 5 months for a friend, but we still do not know how to do??

thanks

A single entry tourist visa would would allow a 60 day stay that can be exerted for 30 days. Then a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

• Thanks 2

Hi, I'm going to apply a marriage visa in Thailand soon. I am from Singapore and I am bringing my old age father he is 87 years of age to live with me in Udon Thani for his remaining years. What type of visa should I apply for him. Much Appreciate for any good advice. Thank you.

i wonder how many requirements are for 1 year non immigrant visa though...must be crazy rules

they want doctor checkup, payment for the hotel for the whole stay, criminal record for STV visa...what is happening with thailand though

Edited by parafareno
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i wonder how many requirements are for 1 year non immigrant visa though...must be crazy rules

they want doctor checkup, payment for the hotel for the whole stay, criminal record for STV visa...what is happening with thailand though

Your thread was asking about 6 months stay and that has been answered.

As for a ME Non O (marriage) one year visa you can obtain that from Savannakhet (and other places). Easy requirements.

You can obtain a non O marriage or retirement (90 day visa) followed by 12 month extension.

Financials required.

I find the visa and visa exempt options available in Thailand excellent. 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, parafareno said:

You seem to of skipped over the METV (multiple entry tourist visa) as an option.

You can get a total stay of almost 9 months from it by doing 2 border hops with the last one done just before the visa expires.

That is a total of the first entry of 60 days and a 30 day extension, border hop for a new 60 days +30 day extension and repeat border hop just before the visa expires +30 day extension.

To the OP, if you're over 50 you can do what I'm just about to do for 5 months stay, no border runs

Will do visa exempt 30 day + extension 30 days + non-imm O visa 90 days (requires 800k baht in Thai bank)

Edited by aussiexpat

56 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Will do visa exempt 30 day + extension 30 days + non-imm O visa 90 days (requires 800k baht in Thai bank)

That will work.

Not so sure about it as an ongoing plan to provide 5 month stay by obtaining non O (without extension) year after year.

The OP wanted 6 month stay.

Think better options available.