I want to stay 6 months in thailand

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That will work.

Not so sure about it as an ongoing plan to provide 5 month stay by obtaining non O (without extension) year after year

Well without the extension I get to spend the 800k baht enjoying Thailand instead of locking it away ????

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Well without the extension I get to spend the 800k baht enjoying Thailand instead of locking it away ????

You missed the point.

Not sure how immigration regards folk obtaining ongoing non O retirement visas 

For example can someone obtain a non O and after 90 days do a border bounce reentry and obtain another non O retirement.

I realize your post did not state that.

Point is people asking about 6 month stay often plan to do that ongoing (snowbirds).

In any event as stated previously better options for the OP available and have been outlined in thread.

Edited by DrJack54

24 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In any event as stated previously better options for the OP available and have been outlined in thread.

There are many options provided, that's what a forum is for, but it's up to the OP what the best options are  for them, not for you to decide

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

There are many options provided, that's what a forum is for, but it's up to the OP what the best options are  for them, not for you to decide

I'm not deciding anything for the OP.

Again his thread asked for 6 month stay. Your plan as outlined is 5 months.

In addition while he touched on non O (briefly) it's not clear if he is over 50. Basic requirement for non O retirement.

The METV or back to back tourist visas are just 2 examples of 6 month plan. 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, ubonjoe said:

A single entry tourist visa would would allow a 60 day stay that can be exerted for 30 days. Then a border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days.

hello ubonjoe, the border hop needs a PCR test again?? so you have to stay a least 1 or maybe 2 days, or can you return the same day if you find the right clinic for quick test,  thanks

30 minutes ago, luckyblock token said:

hello ubonjoe, the border hop needs a PCR test again?? so you have to stay a least 1 or maybe 2 days, or can you return the same day if you find the right clinic for quick test,  thanks

A test is not required if you are fully vaccinated.

undefined