Justice Samuel Alito, the architect of overturning Roe v. Wade, told senators he viewed the abortion rights landmark as 'important precedent.' Now he says 'stare decisis' doesn't protect it

onthedarkside

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, some people feel that its perfectly acceptable to put their unborn child into a blender and abort it , I disagree with that .

Your loosing it when you are so irrational to be taking about killing babies once they are born, putting babies in blenders etc etc.  You are coming across as a  wacko.  Are you some kind of fundamentalist Christian?  Your arguments lack all rational logic, compassion or reasoning!

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Aren't those the things that the kids Father should be providing ? 

I see.  You want to have laws that identify fathers (easy to do with genetic testing) and force the fathers to assume financial responsibility.

That would be great.  Let's get these laws in place and enforced before we talk about restricting access to abortion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is how abortions are carried out , foetus are blended whilst inside the womb and then sucked out , just like how a food blender works 

No it is not, in 2019 44% of abortions are carried out with medication by 2020 that figure had grown to 50%, not sure what it is now. 

Most abortions are also carried out in the first trimester of pregnancy, 93% which is before the 14 week period.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

Your loosing it when you are so irrational to be taking about killing babies once they are born, putting babies in blenders etc etc.  You are coming across as a  wacko.  Are you some kind of fundamentalist Christian?  Your arguments lack all rational logic, compassion or reasoning!

I am just asking whether there is much of a difference  between aborting a 24 week old unborn baby or killing a 24 week old baby .

What is the difference ? Less than a year .

(As stated above , abortions are carried out in a similar way that blending food is)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Three news reports all from the same source and year (2017)

Females can take the pill if they want to avoid getting pregnant 

The year does not change the fact that many men avoid condoms, sometimes without the woman's knowledge or consent.

Now you want to dictate what kind of birth control women should use.  Some women don't like the side-effects of birth control pills, some don't have access, and some don't want to routinely take a hormonal medicine when it is easier and safer for men to wear condoms.  Then there's the matter of rape...

But you maintain that a pregnancy is always the fault and responsibility of the woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rep. Mary Miller (R-IL) is being targeted for a comment she made Saturday night at a rally for Donald Trump.

Miller told the crowd how thankful she was for Trump appointing three Supreme Court justices that ensured the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade.

"President Trump, on behalf of all the MAGA patriots in America. I want to thank you for the historic victory for white life in the Supreme Court yesterday," she said.

https://www.rawstory.com/mary-miller-white-life/

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I see.  You want to have laws that identify fathers (easy to do with genetic testing) and force the fathers to assume financial responsibility.

That would be great.  Let's get these laws in place and enforced before we talk about restricting access to abortion.

I do think that Females should become a bit more acquainted with males, before they decide to reproduce and there are laws (in the UK ) which require fathers to financially contribute to their offspring 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I am just asking whether there is much of a difference  between aborting a 24 week old unborn baby or killing a 24 week old baby .

What is the difference ? Less than a year .

(As stated above , abortions are carried out in a similar way that blending food is)

What's the difference?  A biological entity incapable of thought, consciousness or independent action and a child with thought, consciousness and rapidly developing abilities in independent action.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That question is off topic. Nobody on the planet believes a 24 week old baby should be killed. Stop baiting.

But its so much fun to ask absurd provoking questions! Just ask Tucker Carlson.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do think that Females should become a bit more acquainted with males, before they decide to reproduce and there are laws (in the UK ) which require fathers to financially contribute to their offspring 

If he can. That's another strong argument for abortion, that women are in no financial position to support a baby as a single mom and there's every reason to believe that just as many men aren't in a position to be able to support a baby. Do you know much a father who is on welfare has to give the baby's mother for support? Nothing.

• Like 1

How you think women should behave is irrelevant. 

How many fathers in the UK, or anywhere else, are being forced to provide adequate support to their children and the mothers when the men don't want to?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

The year does not change the fact that many men avoid condoms, sometimes without the woman's knowledge or consent.

Now you want to dictate what kind of birth control women should use.  Some women don't like the side-effects of birth control pills, some don't have access, and some don't want to routinely take a hormonal medicine when it is easier and safer for men to wear condoms.  Then there's the matter of rape...

But you maintain that a pregnancy is always the fault and responsibility of the woman.

OK, there are some guys that pay extra to have condom free sex and expect their friend to have an abortion if she gets pregnant , their only concern is having condom free sex and no concerns about her consequences or his unborn child being blended before birth 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, there are some guys that pay extra to have condom free sex and expect their friend to have an abortion if she gets pregnant , their only concern is having condom free sex and no concerns about her consequences or his unborn child being blended before birth 

Condomless sex without the woman's knowledge or consent is not limited to prostitute-client sex.

I can see this will be a long-running, fast-updating topic in which moralizers with no skin in the game keep telling women how they should live their lives.  I'm taking a break from it.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

How you think women should behave is irrelevant. 

How many fathers in the UK, or anywhere else, are being forced to provide adequate support to their children and the mothers when the men don't want to?

Men in the UK are legally required to pay 12 % of their earnings as child support, to the female 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In my world view and I think by definition, it's not a "baby" until after it's born... So prior to birth, for me, it ought to be left to the mother to decide what goes.

So I don't see abortion as killing a "baby," I see it as removing a "fetus." 

"A fetus or foetus is the unborn offspring that develops from an animal embryo."  Note the term... unborn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetus

Not sure about this. I think it's hard to say an 8 month old fetus is not a thing. Leave it up to doctors if the woman's life is at risk. Leave it up to biologists as to at how many months a baby can feel and has brain activity. A woman's choice up to that point when a fetus is a human. Then I am not so sure. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Shouldn't the females make sure that there is a condom on the penis before allowing penetration ?

Absurd. For a start, 5% of pregnancies are raped. A further large number of them are likely to involve impaired judgement. Many more are likely to involve women in relationships being coerced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Shouldn't the females make sure that there is a condom on the penis before allowing penetration ?

Are you suggesting the woman keep her hands on the man's penis for the duration of the sex act? 

You really like dictating the rules to women.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Men in the UK are legally required to pay 12 % of their earnings as child support, to the female 

How many men are paying that?  What if it is not enough, which is certainly isn't in most instances?  What about outside of the UK?  This topic is about abortion in the US and the Supreme Court blatantly ignoring established precedent.

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Are you suggesting the woman keep her hands on the man's penis for the duration of the sex act? 

You really like dictating the rules to women.

No, I am talking about males and females who regularly have sex without precautions and just get an abortion when a pregnancy occurs .

Quite a few posters on this forum take pride in not wearing a condom 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, I am talking about males and females who regularly have sex without precautions and just get an abortion when a pregnancy occurs .

I agree that a woman should be and is responsible for their pregnancy, equally with the man,  in most circumstances. I see too that the issue of abortion is emotional and there is not a clear cut moral argument to say that abortion is appropriate or inappropriate. I would argue the moral argument leans towards a mother's right to choose especially in the first few months.   

For the reason that it is not clear cut I accept it is not my right, or your right, or a judge's right to make that call and usurp the mother's right to make that decision.

I do think that might be different once there is a scientific argument to say that there is a human inside, that is likely to feel and think in some form, because then there are human fetus rights. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Off topic as usual with you.

Call me crazy, or call me Nostradamus...but does anyone else see that the GOP sensing their dwindling numbers, is slowly but surely orchestrating a civil war?  Challenge election results and attack the Capitol.  Put guns within everyone's reach(now without needing a permit in Texas).  Repeal laws that are guaranteed to be divisive and incite unrest.

God help the United(Divided) States of America.

3 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I agree that a woman should be and is responsible for their pregnancy, equally with the man,  in most circumstances. I see too that the issue of abortion is emotional and there is not a clear cut moral argument to say that abortion is appropriate or inappropriate. I would argue the moral argument leans towards a mother's right to choose especially in the first few months.   

For the reason that it is not clear cut I accept it is not my right, or your right, or a judge's right to make that call and usurp the mother's right to make that decision.

I do think that might be different once there is a scientific argument to say that there is a human inside, that is likely to feel and think in some form, because then there are human fetus rights. 

A Woman can choose as to whether she wants to have a baby or not by either allowing or not allowing sperm to enter into her womb .

She needs to make the choice before she gets pregnant , rather than getting pregnant and then deciding whether she wants to have a baby or not .

Like : Want a baby > have unprotected sex 

Don't want a baby > Have protected sex 

She needs to decide that before she opens her legs 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Really?  I thought you were talking about all pregnancies and how abortion is always wrong.  Then you were posting statements that made it seem that contraception is entirely the woman's responsibility.

• Thanks 1