Justice Samuel Alito, the architect of overturning Roe v. Wade, told senators he viewed the abortion rights landmark as 'important precedent.' Now he says 'stare decisis' doesn't protect it

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

It is not a baby, it is a fetus; incapable of life on its own and for the first two trimesters without a functioning human brain.  Calling a fetus a baby is akin to calling an egg a chicken or an acorn an oak tree.

See my post above from 4 hours ago , 

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

See my post above from 4 hours ago , 

Calling a fetus an unborn baby, or an egg an unborn chicken or an acorn an unborn oak tree, doesn't change anything I posted.  Semantics does not change biological truth.

35 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Calling a fetus an unborn baby, or an egg an unborn chicken or an acorn an unborn oak tree, doesn't change anything I posted.  Semantics does not change biological truth.

I have shown above that calling a foetus an unborn baby are the same thing, interchangeable , I have provided links to show that  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Sorry, I did mean an unborn baby , I thought that would be obvious , but yes an unborn baby, sorry for the confusion , as were were talking about an unborn baby, it didn't think that it would be necessary to write unborn .

The Woman has an unborn baby , which will soon be a baby and grow up to be an adult , unless she kills it 

You mean what is generally called a fetus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have shown above that calling a foetus an unborn baby are the same thing, interchangeable , I have provided links to show that  

You are still using semantics to divert from biological facts.

Your video by Linda the clinical psychologist (no last name given, no scientific papers referenced) did not impress me.

"Last of all to mature is the cerebral cortex, which is responsible for most of what we think of as mental life–conscious experience, voluntary actions, thinking, remembering, and feeling. It has only begun to function around the time gestation comes to an end. Premature babies show very basic electrical activity in the primary sensory regions of the cerebral cortex–those areas that perceive touch, vision, and hearing–as well as in primary motor regions of the cerebral cortex. In the last trimester, fetuses are capable of simple forms of learning, like habituating (decreasing their startle response) to a repeated auditory stimulus, such as a loud clap just outside the mother’s abdomen."  https://www.zerotothree.org/resources/1375-when-does-the-fetus-s-brain-begin-to-work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most call it a 'baby', unborn or not.  I've never heard someone say;

We're having a fetus ... I'm pregnant with a fetus / unborn baby.

At the point of conception, it's a living thing, a life, it's growing, cells splitting .. bla bla.

Only way to stop that is to KILL IT.  Stop life = KILLing life

NO exception in my mind.

There is no ... little bit pregnant

or little bit alive or little bit dead.

If it's no longer living, growing, you KILLED it.

People can't say it's not a life, as it is, unless you kill it.

Only thing that will stop it from being birthed, is killing it.

Stopping a life, once started, is KILLING IT.

Just accept that fact.  UP2U if you can live with that fact.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Most call it a 'baby', unborn or not.  I've never heard someone say;

We're having a fetus ... I'm pregnant with a fetus / unborn baby.

At the point of conception, it's a living thing, a life, it's growing, cells splitting .. bla bla.

Only way to stop that is to KILL IT.  Stop life = KILLing life

NO exception in my mind.

There is no ... little bit pregnant

or little bit alive or little bit dead.

If it's no longer living, growing, you KILLED it.

People can't say it's not a life, as it is, unless you kill it.

Only thing that will stop it from being birthed, is killing it.

Stopping a life, once started, is KILLING IT.

Just accept that fact.  UP2U if you can live with that fact.

Prior to an advanced stage of brain development the fetus is an organism with no independence or consciousness.  It has the potential to become human life, which is significant and is carefully considered by women considering an abortion, but it is not a human life.

Like it or not, we routinely kill non-human life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Prior to an advanced stage of brain development the fetus is an organism with no independence or consciousness.  It has the potential to become human life, which is significant and is carefully considered by women considering an abortion, but it is not a human life.

Like it or not, we routinely kill non-human life. 

organism. [ ôr′gə-nĭz′əm ] n. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus

If that's what they want to tell themselves to make themselves feel better about their decision.

It IS a living thing.

If you don't kill it  ....   what happens ?  That's called a life.

We KILL things all the time, that don't have brains or consciousness.  One life killing another, to eat & survive.

One life killing another, because it's an inconvenience.  There something inherently wrong with that.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

First off, most of us don't have to kill animals or have them killed for us in order to survive. So you chose a badly defective criterion.

An "inconvenience" is an extremely condescending way to characterize pregnancy, the birth of a child, and the consequences of that. Get pregnant and give birth and  get back to us about whether pregnancy and childbirth qualify  as a mere inconvenience.. 

If you're a vegan, you're still killing plants to eat.  Every organism (most) kills another to survive, even some plants ????

Humans are just about the only ones, that kill for sport, or if offspring will be an inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

If you're a vegan, you're still killing plants to eat.  Every organism (most) kills another to survive, even some plants ????

Humans are just about the only ones, that kill for sport, or if offspring will be an inconvenience.

So you're equating killing plants with killing sentient beings? It is to laugh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So you're equating killing plants with killing sentient beings? It is to laugh.

Killing is killing.  Ending a life is killing.  Apply where you see fit.

It is what it is.  Justify in your mind anyway you wish, it doesn't change the reality of it.  You stop something from growing, you killed it. 

Only in your mind is that reality different.  UP2U

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Killing is killing.  Ending a life is killing.  Apply where you see fit.

It is what it is.  Justify in your mind anyway you wish, it doesn't change the reality of it.  You stop something from growing, you killed it. 

Only in your mind is that reality different.  UP2U

Next time I eat broccoli, I will weep.

• Haha 2

Just now, placeholder said:

Next time I eat broccoli, I will weep.

Kill & eat, or die.  Nature is a bittch sometimes, and if not near the top of the food chain.... oh well.   Just be happy they scream out in pain when killed at a frequency we apparently can't hear ... ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

organism. [ ôr′gə-nĭz′əm ] n. An individual form of life, such as a plant, animal, bacterium, protist, or fungus

If that's what they want to tell themselves to make themselves feel better about their decision.

It IS a living thing.

If you don't kill it  ....   what happens ?  That's called a life.

We KILL things all the time, that don't have brains or consciousness.  One life killing another, to eat & survive.

One life killing another, because it's an inconvenience.  There something inherently wrong with that.

Suggesting that pregnancy, childbirth, and the responsibilities of parenting are nothing more than an inconvenience is outrageous.

Also, we routinely kill for convenience.  Every time we upset a life-sustaining ecosystem, large or small, we are killing living things.That includes flooding a valley for hydroelectric power and mowing the grass so it will look nice.

Edited by heybruce

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Suggesting that pregnancy, childbirth, and the responsibilities of parenting are nothing more than an inconvenience is outrageous.

Apparently it is to some people, 63+million abortions are pretty hard to explain...in my world anyway.

Would appear many thought raising said child would be an 'inconvenience'.

Of course others may read something else into those stats, and that is your choice.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes it does. It's HER baby. Not some else's baby, Nobody.

Could be the Rapist sues the now raped and non mother over her aborting the fetus he made while forcibly raping her....what a  cocked up world we live in.....personal freedoms are being attacked here and now in Alabama the raped lady would be charged with murder after an abortion..how stupid.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just because the baby is still attached to her, that shouldn't give her a right to kill that baby 

It's not a baby though is it?  Its so undeveloped it's a bunch of cells or so that looks like a salamander.  It won't care if it's dead or not as it's not developed any emotions or thought about anything. 

Why not take you logic and say your sperm cells are all babies so you can't jack off or you have to save all the millions of them that don't get to the egg?

If your teenage daughter got raped and fell pregnant I would hope you would not make her go through with the pregnancy!  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It's not a baby though is it?  Its so undeveloped it's a bunch of cells or so that looks like a salamander.  It won't care if it's dead or not as it's not developed any emotions or thought about anything. 

Why not take you logic and say your sperm cells are all babies so you can't jack off or you have to save all the millions of them that don't get to the egg?

If your teenage daughter got raped and fell pregnant I would hope you would not make her go through with the pregnancy!  

24 weeks old foetus , Foetus, six months - Stock Image - C048/7988 - Science Photo Library

Unborn baby/Foetus . OK to be killed/aborted ? 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently it is to some people, 63+million abortions are pretty hard to explain...in my world anyway.

Would appear many thought raising said child would be an 'inconvenience'.

Of course others may read something else into those stats, and that is your choice.

So you're sticking to your position that pregnancy, childbirth and parenting are mere inconveniences.  Wow!

63+ million abortions is a testament to the need to have mandatory sex education that covers contraception in all schools, better access to contraception, and better protection of vulnerable women and girls. 

Even with all these things in place there will be failures of contraception, non-viable fetuses, pregnancies threatening the life of the women, rape and other tragedies leading to unwanted pregnancies.  When these things happen women need the right to choose how to deal with a life-changing situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

24 weeks old foetus , Foetus, six months - Stock Image - C048/7988 - Science Photo Library

Unborn baby/Foetus . OK to be killed/aborted ? 

24 weeks is the time generally considered to be when a fetus is viable and abortion should only be allowed in exceptional circumstances.

• Thanks 1

Amazing how many men many of whom don't know a clitoris from a cauliflower think that they should have the right to tell any woman what to do with her own body. 

Millions upon millions of men encourage girls not to use birth control, refuse to wear condoms and then take zero responsibility for a kid that results.  The woman knows that any kid born will be HER responsibility to provide for because she has known since puberty that men want to get laid for their own satisfaction and generally don't give a <deleted> what happens to the girl.   I have heard many many men brag about paying bar girls extra not to wear a condom because it's not as much fun for the men.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, some people feel that its perfectly acceptable to put their unborn child into a blender and abort it , I disagree with that .

into a blender now? Lets try to keep the discussion a little more objective and cut the emotivs BS or it's really hard to have a rational debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Millions upon millions of men encourage girls not to use birth control, refuse to wear condoms and then take zero responsibility for a kid that results.  

Are those the survey results from the weekly  group meeting at the 69 Bar in Pattaya  watching the Saturday night football ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, some people feel that its perfectly acceptable to put their unborn child into a blender and abort it , I disagree with that .

Why not establish a fund to pay for healthcare of the mother and child, child rearing expenses, and compensation for the mother for the employment and career options she has to forego in order to be a mother?  That would be a genuine right-to-life position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Why not establish a fund to pay for healthcare of the mother and child, child rearing expenses, and compensation for the mother for the employment and career options she has to forego in order to be a mother?  That would be a genuine right-to-life position.

Aren't those the things that the kids Father should be providing ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1