Bangkok ranked 2nd best city worldwide, best in Asia for digital nomads

webfact

Its a fun place to visit from our island paradise but I wouldn't want to live there.

If you love to party, drink, eat and go out on spending/Mall sprees what a place!

If young and extra energetic, and or working I can definitely see how it would rank highly. The gridlock, the tiny shoebox condo's, the pollution are in some macabre way part of the buzz of the place.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Not to mention that the so-called digital nomad remote working is technically illegal. (open to debate,,,)  They really do need to have a change in the law to be crystal clear about digital nomads in Thailand working for or deriving income from foreign entities.

This is true being a 'digital nomad' myself, it is a very grey area in Thailand, it seems to be accepted and when I am in Thailand I am not scared about telling people that I work remotely nobody seems to care.
However if there was some sort of official legislation put into place, I would not mind paying some sort of tax in Thailand if that contributed to an extended visa that meant I didn't have to leave the country every 2 months, that's the bit they need to fix rather than harping on about their media ratings.
Philippines is much better, you still renew your visa every two months but don't have to leave the country for 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine if they actually had a digital nomad visa, a visa where you didn't have to lie about going to school, do border runs etc. They may have made 1st place.

• Like 1

Not only BKK---I live up in Issan--& great service, many to chose from,  I haven't been to Europe  for about 7 years built it was always pay extra if you use over a certain amount, I do download a lot of Football/Boxing & movies, some sports ones are really quite high Gig amounts--haven't been throttled yet.

So, Bangkok is placed 2nd in the world by a company that is basically interior designers for offices. Whoopee doo. And for their next trick TAT will find a tyre fitters in Swindon that will name Thailand No. 1 in the world for tyre changing facilities. They do so love to big themselves up, don't they.

Let’s not forget that BKK was the  most visited (pre-pandemic) city in the world because of so much to do and see. 

Maybe the BKK haters can advise their village name so we can search what’s on offer there…

Edited by Nemises
  • Sad 1

On 6/27/2022 at 2:05 PM, webfact said:

UK-based flexible working solutions provider The Instant Group.

For reference:-

Established in 1999, The Instant Group is a workspace innovation company that rethinks workspace on behalf of its clients injecting flexibility, reducing cost and driving enterprise performance............ 

With offices in London, Newcastle, Berlin, Budapest, Haifa, Istanbul, Paris, Dallas, New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Sydney............. 

https://www.instantoffices.com/en/about-us/about-instant-offices

Excuse my ignorance, but what has this to do with "digital nomads"? I note no office in Bangkok and that no reference is made in the OP to tourists and other visitors/travelers where, IMO, Bangkok would be much further down the rankings.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Maybe the BKK haters can advise their village name so we can search what’s on offer there…

Not a village, but Siem Reap City in Cambodia, which you can willingly search with pleasure!! And, yes, I am a Bangkok hater!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Not a village, but Siem Reap City in Cambodia, which you can willingly search with pleasure!! And, yes, I am a Bangkok hater!!

Can't see Siem Reap in the "Top 100" most visited cities in the world. Maybe it made the "Top 1,000"...

????

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 10:34 PM, Nemises said:

Can't see Siem Reap in the "Top 100" most visited cities in the world

Maybe so, but in Siem Reap (21 March 2022):-

..... a new study by the popular British website mornings.co.uk, ‘Angkor Wat leads spiritual list of Must-See Sunrises’

Cambodia’s Angkor Wat temple has been ranked as the top place in the world to watch sunrise and sunsets.

1st place went to Angkor Wat of Cambodia
2nd place went to Haleakala Crater of USA
3rd place went to Taj Mahal of India
4th place went to Borobudur Temple of Indonesia
5th place went to Australia’s Uluru
6th place’s Nepal’s Saragng Kot
7th place to Myanmar’s Bagan Temples
8th places to Sri Lanka’s Adam Pe Peak
9th place’s Czech Reublic’s Charles Bridge
10th place went to Peru’s Machu Picchu.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501044360/angkor-wat-ranked-no-1-as-the-best-place-in-the-world-to-watch-sunrise-and-sunset/

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Cambodia’s Angkor Wat temple has been ranked as the top place in the world to watch sunrise and sunsets.

Nice, but it’s temples and sunsets failed to help get Siem Reap onto any Top 100 ranked city "to visit or live" list. Shame really. 

Edited by Nemises

44 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Please define what a digital nomad is and some of their characteristics

Unkept and often filthy people who rarely bathe, smoke a lot of weed, take drugs, spend a lot of time playing video games and surfing the web. All while not spending a single baht on tourism. ????

Edited by DBath
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

Let’s not forget that BKK was the  most visited (pre-pandemic) city in the world because of so much to do and see. 

That is simply international overnight visitors. I imagine a good percentage of those did not stay in BKK.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, dj230 said:

Not surprised, after coming to Thailand it's been much better than I ever expected.

Infrastructure is great for online work its cheap, safe, clean, nice people and you have everything you need pleonchit/siam area is perfect for a digital nomad or anyone who can work online. 

Exactly how much tax do you pay?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, dj230 said:

Not surprised, after coming to Thailand it's been much better than I ever expected.

Infrastructure is great for online work its cheap, safe, clean, nice people and you have everything you need pleonchit/siam area is perfect for a digital nomad or anyone who can work online. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

One thing I won’t miss is having to always look down while walking about, so as to avoid being swallowed by any one of those many partially or completely uncovered manholes. 

My current village: Valencia, Spain

one has to wonder how and with whom(what type of people) they conduct these surveys, it's laughable that's my nice way to put it as I could use other (better) words to describe their BS

2 hours ago, Seismic said:

Unfortunately I pay taxes in Canada so its high, I am self employed in Canada. 

I was thinking of eventually trying to pay taxes in Thailand, if I moved here permanently as it would be a significant discount.

Edited by dj230