UK: WOKE RULES Fury as school says boys can wear skirts but not shorts in hot weather

blackcab

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The accusation of any of this being ‘woke’ is an invention of The Sun, it’s triggered the intended faux outrage and I see you are now throwing in ‘PC’ and other layers of nonsense.

There is absolutely nothing ‘woke’ about this ‘news story’, it’s a fabricated accusation designed to do exactly what it has done.

You we’re baited and you bit.

Not at all.

Read the thread. I said the policy was stupid, irrespective of whether it was Woke or not.

'PC' was a comment directed at another poster who refused to answer a point I was making because I used the word Fat. Nice try though...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Still not a heat wave, and definitely not the specific location to which this ‘story’ relates.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Not at all.

Read the thread. I said the policy was stupid, irrespective of whether it was Woke or not.

'PC' was a comment directed at another poster who refused to answer a point I was making because I used the word Fat. Nice try though...

It wasn’t woke, you chose to go off on your ‘PC’ thing.

You were baited an you bit,

’School uniform’, the clue is in the name.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It wasn’t woke, you chose to go off on your ‘PC’ thing.

You were baited an you bit,

’School uniform’, the clue is in the name.

'PC' was directed at BKK Brian, not the school policy. Are you being disingenuous or is this concept too complicated for you to grasp?

As for the school uniform, we all know what it means. Maybe you were left behind while trying to work out the 'PC' comment, but the discussion had advanced somewhat to a debate about the choice (or lack thereof) of uniform. Presumably you'd be OK with whatever the principal decided on, irrespective of the discomfort to the children? Seems a bit of an authoritarian stance for a so called Liberal, no?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Still not a heat wave, and definitely not the specific location to which this ‘story’ relates.

The location in question had average temperatures in the 20's, with one day over 30. See BKK Brian's link.

I shouldn't really have to explain this, but just because it's cooled down now, doesn't mean it wasn't hot before ????.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

'PC' was directed at BKK Brian, not the school policy. Are you being disingenuous or is this concept too complicated for you to grasp?

As for the school uniform, we all know what it means. Maybe you were left behind while trying to work out the 'PC' comment, but the discussion had advanced somewhat to a debate about the choice (or lack thereof) of uniform. Presumably you'd be OK with whatever the principal decided on, irrespective of the discomfort to the children? Seems a bit of an authoritarian stance for a so called Liberal, no?

Now explain how the school headmaster being authoritarian wrt enforcing a school uniform on which parents have been consulted is ‘woke’?

It’s not of course, but you might have fun trying.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The location in question had average temperatures in the 20's, with one day over 30. See BKK Brian's link.

I shouldn't really have to explain this, but just because it's cooled down now, doesn't mean it wasn't hot before ????.

You need to look up the UK Met Office definition of a ‘heat wave’.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Now explain how the school headmaster being authoritarian wrt enforcing a school uniform on which parents have been consulted is ‘woke’?

It’s not of course, but you might have fun trying.

The parents have objected to it and the policy is being reviewed, and rightly so.

It's stupid.

• Like 1

Just now, SatEng said:

The right wing like to classify everything as "woke" even where that is not appropriate - as in this story

But of course they do not call out the right wing "woke-ism" - renaming slavery as "Involuntary Relocation" or lies as "alternate facts"

Right-wing woke-ism at its worst

Agreed, just a weaponizing of the term, same as childish name calling. Very immature

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Unreserved apologies if the use of the term 'boys' and 'girls' hurt anyone's feelings. Alternative gender neutral terms are available at all good echo chambers ????.

Another childish remark, that shows your level of debate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Another childish remark, that shows your level of debate

It seems I've upset you. My deepest, most sincere apologies.

Whilst the comment was of course somewhat tongue in cheek, on a more serious note I am sure you are aware that certain NHS departments have dropped the use of the word Woman in certain circumstances, to be replaced with gender neutral language such as 'people with a cervix'.

So it is indeed quite possible that the term 'Boy/Girl' would offend someone. They might prefer 'adolescant with a penis/cervix' or something similarly crass.

I'd have thought you'd be supportive of such gender neutral language? Me? Call me old fashioned but I prefer the terms Boy/Girl.

• Like 2

Teachers will recognize this ‘news story’ for what it is, an example of a parent(s)* objecting to their little darling having to follow the self same rules as every other kid in the school.

*Note The Sun doesn’t give the details of how many patents objected, typical nonsense from that rag.

The real story is some kid objecting because he can’t get his own way and his parents feeding his sense of bruised entitlement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Whilst the comment was of course somewhat tongue in cheek, on a more serious note I am sure you are aware that certain NHS departments have dropped the use of the word Woman in certain circumstances, to be replaced with gender neutral language such as 'people with a cervix'.

So it is indeed quite possible that the term 'Boy/Girl' would offend someone. They might prefer 'adolescant with a penis/cervix' or something similarly crass.

I'd have thought you'd be supportive of such gender neutral language? Me? Call me old fashioned but I prefer the terms Boy/Girl.

Nothing at all to do with the topic of discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Not surprising the NHS has dropped the word woman on its menopause guidance really. You don't offend me, as I said I just think its childish and crass, distracts from intelligent debate, I can see it in the pub and banter forums but I don't go there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Credo said:

She said that boys start putting their hands up their shorts and playing with themselves!   I've seen that.

Brilliant, made my day ????????????????????????

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:29 AM, VocalNeal said:

They wouldn't wear them above a certain age. Long trousers/pants are a statement of age?

Here in Thailand where in the hot times it reaches over 35C some days the boys wear shorts or tracksuit bottoms and shirts, the girls wear skirts and shirts or tracksuit bottoms and shirts. Some classrooms have a/c and others don't.

My son will be 18 next month and my neighbours daughter was 17 last month. All the 40 odd students in his class are 17/18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And they used it it in Navy Recruiting campaigns.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And they used it it in Navy Recruiting campaigns.

Any proof, besides a video. If not why post falsehoods?

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed, just a weaponizing of the term, same as childish name calling. Very immature

Funny I never see you or some other posters above ever complain about the compulsive labeling of everything as:

"right-wing!"
"far right!"
"Fox News!"
"MAGA"
etc, etc.

Double standards much?