UK: WOKE RULES Fury as school says boys can wear skirts but not shorts in hot weather

blackcab

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Too funny. The horror of days gone by when in my elementary school days in the USA the boys wore long pants and girls wore dresses. Final.

I don’t suppose you did ‘Active Shooter Drills’ either.

Things change.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Seems like a stupid rule.

Irrespective of the Woke idiocy plaguing many areas of life, why not allow boys/girls to wear shorts? Why should a heterosexual boy be forced to wear a skirt in order to stay cool in a heat wave?

Heat wave, UK?

And there is no ‘Woke Idiocy’ unless you are referring worries about the little darlings getting a bit too warm in the last three weeks of the school year.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Seems like a stupid rule.

Irrespective of the Woke idiocy plaguing many areas of life, why not allow boys/girls to wear shorts? Why should a heterosexual boy be forced to wear a skirt in order to stay cool in a heat wave?

Heat wave? It barely cracks 20c degrees on a summer day there. 

The "story" is from THE SUN... looking to windup the snowflake readers.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 2

I really don't see any story here, it was voted by the parents themselves in a parental survey the school did.

"The overwhelming majority of respondents stated that they would prefer to retain a traditional uniform, with blazers"

The overwhelming majority of respondents felt either that a gender-neutral uniform would either be appropriate, or they had no preference • The overwhelming majority of respondents stated that they would prefer to retain a traditional uniform, with blazers, and that they would wish to retain the school colours [black/grey/blue] • The majority of respondents stated that either they agreed with all pupils wearing a tie, or that they had no preference • A summer uniform should be considered, and that blazers should be optional in the summer term There were a number of very clear views on specific parts of the consultation: • A strong feeling that a more informal uniform (polo shirts) was not wanted

https://www.wymondhamhigh.co.uk/docs/Letters/16_06_2022_School_uniform_consultation__2_.pdf

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Sorry your life has been so horrendous. My time in the US boys were boys and girls were girls. No one commented on gays all the way through high school. My navy days, yes I served my country, no one spoke much about gays. There was one cook who tried touching another's wee wee and got smacked up. 3 1/2 yrs aboard ship and we had one incident with a crew of 1200. Funny how this new generation of "woke" doesn't fit in. 

Your mates were comforting each other all the time, all over that vessel. 

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 10:24 AM, Orinoco said:

Well you know what the Scottish ladies say.

If you put your hand up a Scotsmen's Kilt

and you feel a quarter pounder.

that will be McDonald.

Who will then there after be known as McFondled.