UK: WOKE RULES Fury as school says boys can wear skirts but not shorts in hot weather

blackcab

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I like news like this. Please more of it!

The reason: because it shows how ridiculous those woke idiots are.

In the moment too many people are just to nice to tell the woke idiots that they are idiots. With rules and news about those rules like above it gets more difficult to try to stay neutral. Good!

Stand up and show the woke idiots that they should crawl back under whatever stone they came from. Get lost!

There’s absolutely nothing ‘woke’ on this news piece.

But don’t let that stop you.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Sun is written for a reading age of eight year olds, even then it seems some can’t get past the headlines.

It was in the headline of this thread in this forum.

I have to admit I am not sure what reading age is expected in this forum... 

4e2efbda00f35483cdb4ae5cf68ca34c.jpg

• Haha 2

On 6/28/2022 at 8:49 PM, blackcab said:

PARENTS have slammed a new school rule saying boys can wear skirts but not shorts in hot weather.

So what…personally as a teenager I know that would have driven the more religious and socially conservative teachers absolutely nuts and that alone would have been reason to do it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would you mock genuine concerns about children that are forced to wear trousers all day while sat in a classroom with no air conditioning and temperatures exceeding 30 degrees? I thought all you leftists were all about 'being kind'? Surely that's not some kind of ruse?

Yet, the school you are referring to is in Norfolk and throughout the month of June only one day topped 30 degrees. Low twenties was the average or less.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/norwich/nr1-1/june-weather/329791

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yet, the school you are referring to is in Norfolk and throughout the month of June only one day topped 30 degrees. Low twenties was the average or less.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/norwich/nr1-1/june-weather/329791

So did they allow shorts on the day when it was over 30 degrees? Or did the boys have to wear a skirt in order to cool down?

Even in low 20's, it can get pretty hot inside, especially when kids aren't used to the heat. Why ban shorts if the boys are feeling the heat in non air con classrooms? They wouldn't wear them if it wasn't hot. Doesn't seem very kind (or logical) to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So did they allow shorts on the day when it was over 30 degrees? Or did the boys have to wear a skirt in order to cool down?

Even in low 20's, it can get pretty hot inside, especially when kids aren't used to the heat. Why ban shorts if the boys are feeling the heat in non air con classrooms? They wouldn't wear them if it wasn't hot. Doesn't seem very kind (or logical) to me.

I never found it hot inside when in school in the UK nor did my UK children, also if you read the thread on that school it was a decision made after survey results by the parents own choice

• Like 2

I never found it hot inside when in school in the UK nor did my UK children, also if you read the thread on that school it was a decision made after survey results by the parents own choice

I found it absolutely roasting in the summer, especially after a game of football during the breaks. I guess different people feel the heat differently, which is why it's best to offer the option to the kids, depending on how hot they are.

I highly doubt the parents chose to disallow shorts for boys. Sounds like a PR statement by the school to justify a poor decision that became public.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I highly doubt the parents chose to disallow shorts for boys. Sounds like a PR statement by the school to justify a poor decision that became public.

You can take a peek at the survey yourself, its on their website and the link to that was in the previous thread

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

They wouldn't wear them above a certain age. Long trousers/pants are a statement of age?

So why ban them? Doesn't make any sense.  

Let the children choose based on what is comfortable for them. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You can take a peek at the survey yourself, its on their website and the link to that was in the previous thread

I took a peek. There was nothing I could see stating that parents didn't want shorts allowed. 

The part about skirts and trousers being the uniform was in page 2 regarding the changes that the school had decided to implement.

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I took a peek. There was nothing I could see stating that parents didn't want shorts allowed. 

The part about skirts and trousers being the uniform was in page 2 regarding the changes that the school had decided to implement.

The school uniform policy is clearly stated and drawn from the parental survey.

Your sounding a bit woke to me, some of the classrooms in the school have air con and others are well ventilated. Your whole argument was based on this statement that you made:

"Why would you mock genuine concerns about children that are forced to wear trousers all day while sat in a classroom with no air conditioning and temperatures exceeding 30 degrees? I thought all you leftists were all about 'being kind'? Surely that's not some kind of ruse?"

I've already given you the link to Temps in June, hardly touched more than 22 degrees and often under 20. Only one day at 30.

Beside which, after listening to some concerns from other parents "Jonathan Rockey has written to families informing the policy is now under review."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So why ban them? Doesn't make any sense.  

Let the children choose based on what is comfortable for them. 

Not sure that children always make good decisions. I already see in some US schools prepubescent girls dressed like hookers.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The school uniform policy is clearly stated and drawn from the parental survey.

Your sounding a bit woke to me, some of the classrooms in the school have air con and others are well ventilated. Your whole argument was based on this statement that you made:

"Why would you mock genuine concerns about children that are forced to wear trousers all day while sat in a classroom with no air conditioning and temperatures exceeding 30 degrees? I thought all you leftists were all about 'being kind'? Surely that's not some kind of ruse?"

I've already given you the link to Temps in June, hardly touched more than 22 degrees and often under 20. Only one day at 30.

Beside which, after listening to some concerns from other parents "Jonathan Rockey has written to families informing the policy is now under review."

So they did a survey during which there is no mention of parents requesting shorts be disallowed. Then they set the policy of trousers and skirts only. Yet you're claiming the policy is based on the survey of the parents, despite the fact they are now having to review the policy due to objections by parents. Hmmm, ok...

If it was 30 degrees on one day, then my statement is correct. Some kids feel the heat more than others. Fat kids for example might get hotter. Or those having hormonal changes, medications etc.  

Why would you object to shorts being allowed? Maybe some of the girls would prefer shorts as well? Especially if they like to pretend they are/"identify as" boys. If trousers and skirts are deemed 'gender neutral', then surely shorts are as well. Like I said, the policy makes no sense at all, on any level.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Not sure that children always make good decisions.

I think they are capable of deciding whether to wear shorts or trousers during a heat wave ????.

We're not asking them to decide how to deal with the war in Ukraine or which policies to implement to tackle climate change (although the Greenies were quite happy to make a deity of the clueless Greta when it suited their agenda). 

Just now, JonnyF said:

I think they are capable of deciding whether to wear shorts or trousers during a heat wave ????.

We're not asking them to decide how to deal with the war in Ukraine or which policies to implement to tackle climate change (although the Greenies were quite happy to make a deity of the clueless Greta when it suited their agenda). 

I was referring more to the schools, especially in the US that don't have any uniforms per se and kids can wear what they like.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

So they did a survey during which there is no mention of parents requesting shorts be disallowed. Then they set the policy of trousers and skirts only. Yet you're claiming the policy is based on the survey of the parents, despite the fact they are now having to review the policy due to objections by parents. Hmmm, ok...

If you don't understand the survey and outcomes from it then I can't help you further on that one.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If it was 30 degrees on one day, then my statement is correct. Some kids feel the heat more than others. Fat kids for example might get hotter. Or those having hormonal changes, medications etc.  

30 degrees on one single day does not make a rule changing event, had it been that over a period of time then perhaps things would be different, I will ignore your remark on what you call "fat kids"

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why would you object to shorts being allowed? Maybe some of the girls would prefer shorts as well? Especially if they like to pretend they are/"identify as" boys. If trousers and skirts are deemed 'gender neutral', then surely shorts are as well. Like I said, the policy makes no sense at all, on any level.

Who said I object to shorts? I am responding to what this particular school stated not others that perhaps do. 

Plus you missed my last sentence: 

"Jonathan Rockey has written to families informing the policy is now under review."

If you don't understand the survey and outcomes from it then I can't help you further on that one.

30 degrees on one single day does not make a rule changing event, had it been that over a period of time then perhaps things would be different, I will ignore your remark on what you call "fat kids"

Who said I object to shorts? I am responding to what this particular school stated not others that perhaps do. 

Plus you missed my last sentence: 

"Jonathan Rockey has written to families informing the policy is now under review."

Please read the survey again. The responses from parents in no way indicated that shorts should be banned. That was a conclusion reached by the school based on nothing whatsoever from the parents, so please stop this claim that this was a result of a survey of the parents, it came from the school and the parents objected to it.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that whoever made this policy didn't consider there could be a heat wave in the summer, they've given no indication they have such intelligence or forethought. Whether it's one day over 30 and the rest of the month in the 20's, clearly it's hot enough to warrant a choice of cooler clothing for the children.

Why ignore my comment about fat kids? OK, what is the woke term? Obese adolescants? Plus sized people under 16? Is that PC enough for you to respond? It's fairly obvious that overweight/fat kids feel the heat more. Why make them wear trousers in the heat? You seem more concerned about the use of PC language than the comfort/welfare of the kids. I had heatstroke as a kid and I can tell you it's EXTREMELY unpleasant. In bed for 3 days, vomitting and screaming for someone called Rita to come and help me (I didn't know anyone called Rita). Heatstroke is no joke I can assure you.

Yes, Rockey has been forced to address this illogical and ill thought out policy. Good to see he's finally seen some sense. It seems you are very gradually coming around to the fact that is a stupid policy as well, which is encouraging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Why ignore my comment about fat kids? OK, what is the woke term? Obese adolescants? Plus sized people under 16? Is that PC enough for you to respond? It's fairly obvious that overweight/fat kids feel the heat more.

No further responses from me when you start baiting nonsense like this

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes there is currently a heat wave in the UK, do try to keep up dear.

As for the Woke idiocy, it's quite common for people who are part of the problem to be blissfully unaware of it. Case in point.

Why would you mock genuine concerns about children that are forced to wear trousers all day while sat in a classroom with no air conditioning and temperatures exceeding 30 degrees? I thought all you leftists were all about 'being kind'? Surely that's not some kind of ruse?

I’m in the UK right now, please tell me where this heatwave is, I’ll go get some of it.

Parents were given the opportunity to express there thoughts on what the school uniform should be:

https://www.wymondhamhigh.co.uk/docs/Letters/16_06_2022_School_uniform_consultation__2_.pdf

Heat wave, ha!

AE067F94-80BA-4583-BC3B-9C63094C51BC.jpeg

Edited by Chomper Higgot

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

One day at 30C is not a ‘heatwave’. 

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Please read the survey again. The responses from parents in no way indicated that shorts should be banned. That was a conclusion reached by the school based on nothing whatsoever from the parents, so please stop this claim that this was a result of a survey of the parents, it came from the school and the parents objected to it.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that whoever made this policy didn't consider there could be a heat wave in the summer, they've given no indication they have such intelligence or forethought. Whether it's one day over 30 and the rest of the month in the 20's, clearly it's hot enough to warrant a choice of cooler clothing for the children.

Why ignore my comment about fat kids? OK, what is the woke term? Obese adolescants? Plus sized people under 16? Is that PC enough for you to respond? It's fairly obvious that overweight/fat kids feel the heat more. Why make them wear trousers in the heat? You seem more concerned about the use of PC language than the comfort/welfare of the kids. I had heatstroke as a kid and I can tell you it's EXTREMELY unpleasant. In bed for 3 days, vomitting and screaming for someone called Rita to come and help me (I didn't know anyone called Rita). Heatstroke is no joke I can assure you.

Yes, Rockey has been forced to address this illogical and ill thought out policy. Good to see he's finally seen some sense. It seems you are very gradually coming around to the fact that is a stupid policy as well, which is encouraging.

The accusation of any of this being ‘woke’ is an invention of The Sun, it’s triggered the intended faux outrage and I see you are now throwing in ‘PC’ and other layers of nonsense.

There is absolutely nothing ‘woke’ about this ‘news story’, it’s a fabricated accusation designed to do exactly what it has done.

You we’re baited and you bit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m in the UK right now, please tell me where this heatwave is, I’ll go get some of it.

Parents were given the opportunity to express there thoughts on what the school uniform should be:

https://www.wymondhamhigh.co.uk/docs/Letters/16_06_2022_School_uniform_consultation__2_.pdf

Heat wave, ha!

AE067F94-80BA-4583-BC3B-9C63094C51BC.jpeg

Sure, I'll tell you. June was extremely hot.

image.png.0b104984e6cc0cea2b51ec77ace0d50d.png

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jun/17/heatwave-alert-uk-hottest-day-year-met-office-england-london-nhs#:~:text=Heatwave alert as parts of UK experience hottest day of 2022 so far,-Met Office issues&text=A level three heatwave alert,of the year so far.