Shaking Hands?

pomchop

On 6/29/2022 at 7:51 AM, OneMoreFarang said:
On 6/29/2022 at 3:44 AM, pomchop said:

I have been in many bars where guys would want to shake hands

Do you touch any girls in those bars?

Do you think anybody else touched them before?

What is a higher risk?

I try not to touch the girls THERE.

Was in the restroom at a Tex-Mex restaurant in the States last year, peeing while holding my breath, before being seated....

Sounds from a stall that defy description, then a roll being yanked on repeatedly, then the door opened, a guy walked out, bypassed the sinks, and left.

I did too, except I wasn't wearing a cook's uniform.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reposed said:

Was in the restroom at a Tex-Mex restaurant in the States last year, peeing while holding my breath, before being seated....

Sounds from a stall that defy description, then a roll being yanked on repeatedly, then the door opened, a guy walked out, bypassed the sinks, and left.

I did too, except I wasn't wearing a cook's uniform.

And I bet he never used a bum gun. 

I haven't used toilet paper for 30 years, it's a disgusting way to wipe your <deleted>. 

Not many here notice that Thais seldom use their left hands for touching other things/people. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 9:29 AM, proton said:

Get one of those small flat sanitisers to spray your hands with. Wai ing other foreigners always looks idiotic to me

No problem for me, I ignore foreigners.

If they say 'hello', I look the other way.

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 7:27 AM, Kenny202 said:

If you ever eat in a restaurant where food is cooked or prepared by a Thai....you see how they clean their a$$ with a dunk bowl and their fingers, with many other people touching it / using it. Shaking hands the least of ur problems lol

You need to change the class of restaurants you patronise.   How do you know what all Thai chefs do, anyway?

On 6/30/2022 at 1:04 AM, pomchop said:

or just when in thailand follow the thai practice of a simple wai...seems to me they got it right and much more civilized and sanitary than the western handshakes...all the fist bumping and elbow bumping gets a bit goofy and awkward after a while IMO

Westerners using the wai to other westerners is even more goofy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not when there is a pandemic. 

Do you know what assimilation/integration mean?

Edited by Neeranam

On 6/30/2022 at 9:23 AM, Neeranam said:

How about in the UK, people blow their snot on their handkerchief and stick in in their pocket?

Er, some may do that but, these days, I'd suggest that the majority don't, most wouldn't even know what a handkerchief is.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
19 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not when there is a pandemic. 

Do you know what assimilation/integration mean?

Pandemic or no pandemic it looks ridiculous and, yes, I know what both of those words mean.   I've assimilated and integrated here for the last 27 years but, not being Thai, there's no way that I'd ever do anything as daft as to wai a foreigner which has nothing to do with assimilation or integration.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Pandemic or no pandemic it looks ridiculous and, yes, I know what both of those words mean.   I've assimilated and integrated here for the last 27 years but, not being Thai, there's no way that I'd ever do anything as daft as to wai a foreigner which has nothing to do with assimilation or integration.

Looks ridiculous to whom?

Just now, Neeranam said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Looks ridiculous to whom?

Everyone...except you, I suppose.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

this isnt [sic]about an English language lesson is it ? Oh by the way,    its [sic] "Gripping"  not "Griping".

5555.  Seems as though you're making it an English lesson!  Oh, by the way, it's "right hand", not Rright hand".

You missed a ".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

And I bet he never used a bum gun. 

No, he was Mexican. I lived in Nayarit for years and you cannot even flush paper; it is tossed in a trash can next to the toilet. Some lack lids which only enhances the olfactory experience.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mexicans. Most are genuinely nice, and their houses are spotless and their clothes always smell of detergent. For the life of me, I cannot understand their thinking when it comes to toilet practices.

I have never had food poisoning in LOS. In Mexico, I lost count. One of the reasons I left.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Everyone...except you, I suppose.

Touch of allodoxaphobia perhaps?

No, not at all.  Opine away, fill your boots!  I don't suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobi, either.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Deliberately.   

You omitted the inverted commas from around that inverted comma.

For a reason. """ looks a bit confusing! 

Albeit correct which you were admonishing me for not being!  

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobi

I bet you think foreigners speaking Thai to each other is foolish too?

Btw, I speak Thai to my German friend. I know it's weird but he's a decent guy ???? 

• Haha 1