How much money for extension of retirement visa

Hello All, I am a bit confused about the bank account requirements for extending a retirement non-O visa. Somewhere I read you need 800,000 baht for 3 months before renewal. Somewhere I read 2 months. Also, what about after the renewal? Years ago we could withdraw everything, we only had to be sure that the 800,000 baht were back there 2 or 3 months before renewal. But then a few years ago came the rule that you had to keep the balance of at least 800,000 baht for another 3 months after the renewal and that the balance could never go below 400,000 after that. However, I now can not find this rule anywhere. Anybody can help?

Thank you. If I choose the 65,000 baht per month scheme (it is starting to be a bit of an headache to keep all that money in the account), this has to be proven that comes from a retirement? I have enough money in my home bank account to send here 2,000 euro per month, but it comes from inheritance and not from retirement.

8 minutes ago, thulepaw said:

Thank you. If I choose the 65,000 baht per month scheme (it is starting to be a bit of an headache to keep all that money in the account), this has to be proven that comes from a retirement? I have enough money in my home bank account to send here 2,000 euro per month, but it comes from inheritance and not from retirement.

If the embassy for your home country still does a document to prove your monthly income that can be used to prove the 65k baht income

If not you would have to show proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad that is at least 65k baht into a Thai bank.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If the embassy for your home country still does a document to prove your monthly income that can be used to prove the 65k baht income

If not you would have to show proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad that is at least 65k baht into a Thai bank.

Thank you, very useful. As proof of transfer is enough to show the bank book

15 minutes ago, thulepaw said:

Thank you very useful. As proof of 12 months of transfers is enough to show the bank book

No - you also must show a one year statement of the account (obtained from bank for a fee) and a letter of current account balance (obtained from bank for a fee) and copies of the bank passbook.

10 minutes ago, Nat Needham said:

I just apply Non-o visa for stay with family in Thailand but now they  ask for insurance cover $100,000 is anyone got this ?

I posted this reply in the topic you posted.

"That is an error on the e visa site. It is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

Upload a page stating it is not required to complete the application. Others have done it and their application was approved."