PM says incursion of Myanmar jet into Thai airspace not a big deal

webfact

On 7/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, webfact said:

adding that the Myanmar military explained that they their pilot had no intention to infringe upon Thai airspace, but needed to make a turn, resulting in the plane to crossing into Thai territory.

I take it that this pilot didn't get his training at Top Gun. In all seriousness though, that sounds like a ridiculous excuse.

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I take it that this pilot didn't get his training at Top Gun. In all seriousness though, that sounds like a ridiculous excuse.

I had to make a turn as I over shot the rest area bathroom and had to fill the urinal, the Pilot explained.  Instead I decided the School would be the best place to unload.......I was misunderstood, said the Pilot in his interview with the Good PM......

Well unless Thailand has 2 aircraft, pilots and ground crew on 24/7 QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) and a second set on 5 minutes readiness they are wasting their time.

The Myanmar Mig-29 would have been over Thailand, done its dirty deed and been halfway home before the RTAF had even got airborne.

You cannot play at defending your country. Every scramble must be the real thing, because one day it will be. Too late to play catchup then.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well unless Thailand has 2 aircraft, pilots and ground crew on 24/7 QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) and a second set on 5 minutes readiness they are wasting their time.

The Myanmar Mig-29 would have been over Thailand, done its dirty deed and been halfway home before the RTAF had even got airborne.

You cannot play at defending your country. Every scramble must be the real thing, because one day it will be. Too late to play catchup then.

Tora Tora Tora

• Like 1

All those countries are so close together I am surprised it doesn't happen all the time. By the time you take off you are in another's space... 

1 hour ago, garyk said:

All those countries are so close together I am surprised it doesn't happen all the time. By the time you take off you are in another's space... 

I think you ae unaware of the size of these countries - what are you comparing them to where it "happens a lot"?

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

By speaking to the pilot and asking him why he went into Thai airspace 

Sir, I flew around the rear of the enemy to shoot them where they least expected it.   

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What is that allegation based on ?

Your hopeless.  You actually have no clue as to how they are Killing civilians and destroying villages of the Karen people along the border.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why would a Burmese jet deliberately and maliciously  fly into Thai airspace ?

How about to bomb and strafe Karen refugees from Burma.

The Burmese know that they are safe from retaliation from the Thai military, #1 because the F16s had to come from Tak Fa airbase well over 100km away, #2 because the RTAF has no QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) aircraft available at less than 1 minutes notice, 

#3 because the Thai military PM and the Burmese military PM are best friends.

The only way to make the border more secure is to have several pairs of QRA aircraft airborne 24/7 equipped with air to air refuelling and several tankers available 24/7.

The RTAF does not have the aircraft or crews to operate like this for any extended period.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your hopeless.  You actually have no clue as to how they are Killing civilians and destroying villages of the Karen people along the border.

Yes indeed and for reference:

Thousands flee for Thailand as Myanmar military bombs border area - YouTube

Some 3,000 people from Myanmar’s southeastern Karen state fled to neighbouring Thailand after the military bombed an area held by an ethnic armed group,  (You Tube March 2021)

• Thanks 2