New entry requirements from 1 July

Hey

For not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated travelers coming into Thailand by plane, is the only thing you need now a negative COVID test? Insurance, Thailand Pass and everything else is gone and besides the COVID test everything about entering Thailand now is like normal/pre-COVID? 

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is currently unknown. I have seen nothing stating it. Only suggestions to get a booster.

I'm coming this month - 9 months since my last booster, so just got another in case they want to inspect certificates.

14 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Correct.  Whether vaccinated or not, not needed.

14 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

So to enter Thailand if you’ve been vaccinated you do not need medical insurance

Surely it's wise to have some form of Health Insurance..  who knows, you could end up having an 'unplanned' stay at the Bumrungrad Hotel Hospital.

Accidents are never on our planned holiday intineraries!

• Like 1

what exactly does Thailand now consider "vaccinated"?  How much time since the last vaccination?  Any boosters required?  Let's say a person had the Johnson vaccine October 20, 2021.  Would Thailand consider that OK now? 

I have read that several European countries consider a vaccine valid for 270 days.

3 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

what exactly does Thailand now consider "vaccinated"?  How much time since the last vaccination?

2 shots.

No clear indication of time I time interval from last shot.

Edited by DrJack54

On 7/1/2022 at 9:01 PM, proton said:

How long are vaccinations valid for?

Several European countries are following a 270 policy.  Some agency suggested that so they are going with that.  I too am wondering what Thailand will now consider vaccinated.  Single jab Johnson last october.  No boosters.  would that be considered vaccinated by the Thais now?

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

2 shots.

No clear indication of time I time interval from last shot.

no no no.  Single jab Johnson while sometimes over looked, even on the old Thai pass site, was accepted.  Sometimes some articles skip it, but it was on the approved list

Just now, gk10012001 said:

no no no.  Single jab Johnson while sometimes over looked, even on the old Thai pass site, was accepted.  Sometimes some articles skip it, but it was on the approved list

Yes true for j & j.

In that case 1 shot

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

From when you received the shot.

how much time from when you received the shot?  As I said above, several european countries are now using a 270 day rule.  Nothing in writing that I can find about Thailand.  I don't want to fly in and then some immigration person says "too long since vaccinated"

Edited by gk10012001
correction typo

5 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

how much time from when you received the shot?  As I said above, several european countries are now using a 270 day rule.  Nothing in writing that I can find about Thailand.  I don't want to fly in and then some immigration person says "too long since vaccinated"

Thailand has no rule that states your 2 vaccinations have a limit on how old they are when entering the country.

If there was a problem you would just need to a professional antigen test done (ATK).

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thailand has no rule that states your 2 vaccinations have a limit on how old they are when entering the country.

If there was a problem you would just need to a professional antigen test done (ATK).

Yeah but the idea is to avoid all problems in advance.  Challenging for me to get a test prior to arrival as I travel across the USA through several cities and airports, with a layover at odd hours.  And the idea is to get to Thailand with no restrictions, no sign ins, etc.  I won't be going for another month or so, so I will wait and see what sort of experiences people encounter.

On a side note, I read that Taiwan is now allowing passengers to transit through Taiepei airport now.  For many months they were not allowing that which eliminated many flights from the USA (LAX, SFO, SEATAC, etc. on EVA air

2 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Yeah but the idea is to avoid all problems in advance.  Challenging for me to get a test prior to arrival as I travel across the USA through several cities and airports, with a layover at odd hours. 

It would not be a problem when leaving the US unless the airline made up its own rules.

If there was a problem when arriving here that is when you would get antigen test done.

Perhaps get a booster shot before traveling to here.

The latest thing I remember reading regarding Thailand is that fully vaccinated means at least two shots, except AstraZeneca only one shot, with the last shot not later than 14 days before arrival date in Thailand.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Maestro said:

with the last shot not later than 14 days before arrival date in Thailand.

really?

Imagine how many shots you'd be getting if a frequent traveller, i find this 14 days hard to beleive.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The latest thing I remember reading regarding Thailand is that fully vaccinated means at least two shots, except AstraZeneca only one shot, with the last shot not later than 14 days before arrival date in Thailand.

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

really?

Imagine how many shots you'd be getting if a frequent traveller, i find this 14 days hard to beleive.

It's hard to believe because you either misread it or misinterpreted it.

If you are fully vaccinated you're free to travel to Thailand, however you're not considered fully vaccinated until 14 days after the last shot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

really?

I was posting on the phone and could not find the official text readily. Having moved to the PC now I have found the following and see that it is not the latest shot, but the second shot of a two-dose vaccine that must have been not later than 14 days before the travel date.

Have you been fully vaccinated?

According to the MoPH, travellers are considered fully vaccinated if:

• They get their second dose of a 2-dose vaccine no less than 14 days before their travel date to Thailand.
  • They get a single-dose vaccine no less than 14 days before their travel date to Thailand.
  • In case of mix-and-match vaccines, travellers should get their second dose of a different vaccine within the recommended interval of the first vaccine no less than 14 days before their travel date to Thailand.

Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2022/06/covid-19-vaccine-guide-for-travellers-to-thailand/#:~:text=According to the MoPH%2C travellers,their travel date to Thailand.

I felt uncomfortable with my phrasing "...not later than 14 days before..." but could think of nothing less contorted at the moment.  The wording "... no less than 14 days before ..." I subsequently found in the official text looks better to me.

• Like 1

"I felt uncomfortable with my phrasing "...not later than 14 days before..." but could think of nothing less contorted at the moment.  The wording "... no less than 14 days before ..." I subsequently found in the official text looks better to me."

Well said, Maestro, thank you. Much better and clearer English.

17 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Yeah but the idea is to avoid all problems in advance.  Challenging for me to get a test prior to arrival as I travel across the USA through several cities and airports, with a layover at odd hours.  And the idea is to get to Thailand with no restrictions, no sign ins, etc.  I won't be going for another month or so, so I will wait and see what sort of experiences people encounter.

On a side note, I read that Taiwan is now allowing passengers to transit through Taiepei airport now.  For many months they were not allowing that which eliminated many flights from the USA (LAX, SFO, SEATAC, etc. on EVA air

They now allow transits but I think you may have to do a PCR test? Best to verify with the airline. 

• Like 1

When I arrived yesterday it was like they were not interested in my Vaccine status at all. I handed over my passport including a filled Arrival card that I believe they just trashed, and checked my re-entry stamp. They stamp I'm back and handed me my passport. Ok, I was holding my Vaccine passport and they might have seen I had it, but never bothered to ask to see it. Another Note is I also went to the immigration side for Thai Passports with my wife. Maybe they do not ask for proof of vaccination on that side?