Monthly support

Unless she is Miss Thailand dump her. You can have 20 hot girls a month for that money. The fact she is threatening to destroy your property is reason enough to get rid of her. You can get a copy of the chanote if it is destroyed. Note - leave all valuable documents in a safe.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So you gave that 6 year GF 1.5 Million baht ?

Was you living with her throughout the relationship ?

No. I had that gf 6 years ago and it lasted 3 months

16 hours ago, moogradod said:

My wife (Thai) would like you to ask two questions:

1. Where are they living ?

2. How much credit has already been accumulated ?

The second question is a bit indiscreet for the western taste - I know that. But it gives a clue how this seems to be possible.

I can understand why this is of importance because it does not coincide with my experience as well and the prices I know from Pattaya.

She stays close to Pak Chong. She gives her 2 children 60 baht each day to eat at school. The school transport is 1000 a month for each child. Parents are working occasionally. I just finished making a new house for them. After 5 years I asked if I could make a house for her. She never asked for anything. Now she with me in Sweden and I now send 10000 bht per month since she is with me.. it's possible to find good girls with good families.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Unless she is Miss Thailand dump her. You can have 20 hot girls a month for that money. The fact she is threatening to destroy your property is reason enough to get rid of her. You can get a copy of the chanote if it is destroyed. Note - leave all valuable documents in a safe.

20 short times? 

If you add up the time, beer, lady drinks and barfee, you know it is not possible.

1 hour ago, sead said:

She stays close to Pak Chong. She gives her 2 children 60 baht each day to eat at school. The school transport is 1000 a month for each child. Parents are working occasionally. I just finished making a new house for them. After 5 years I asked if I could make a house for her. She never asked for anything. Now she with me in Sweden and I now send 10000 bht per month since she is with me.. it's possible to find good girls with good families.

Your story sounds quite similar to mine. I know my wife now for nearly 19 years and we are married for more than 16 years. Before moving here we have been together in Switzerland. Our Thai family lives in a Moo Baan in the Ampoe Si Khio. I bought her a piece of land and they constructed a big two storey house over the years.

But this could not have waited for 5 years - immediate action was necessary. My wife did not ask me for anything either. But I have a naturally giving mind and enjoy helping when I see how happy they are as a result. Even today after all these years she is asking me if she can buy something - even if it is only special food. The difference is maybe that our family is huge. You are absolutely right - contrary to some bar stool warriors minds there are good girls around with fair families. I have actually met quite a lot of good girls even before my marriage.

Edited by moogradod

10 hours ago, moogradod said:

This is for two persons, right ? Anyway they seem to be very lucky to live in such a good sourrounding. May I ask in which province that is ? I understand as well that they live in their own house. Our family in Korat province had once some ducks, they were just running around the house. Until one day the main lead duck was missing. I suspect self-service from one of the neighbors. They have some chickens as well but only for the eggs, they do not eat them.

Even then I think 10K overall for the whole setting with expensive electricity bills, transport from/to work (somebody has to have a job at least sometimes) can be only in a very rural basic environment, survival without any luxury at all. I wish them all the luck of the world and happiness even with only a bit of money. But some things are not for free - with that minimum there are always headaches lurking somewhere.

Our family in the country is living on a rural budget, too, but could never make it with 10K. However they are about 10 people incl. 3 children which go to school.

Just a normal Isan village they are living. When Im there at our place, we all live on 30k a month includes living cost for 

4 adults

One teenager

3 dogs

one cat

3 sheeps

200 fish in pond

electric 3000k a month +-

Eating out three times a month with a bottle of wine international restaurant

10 000 baht pay for my parents in law who work or help us 4 days a week. However we do not pay for their household when they are not working. 

Parents in law live on 5k a month include all expenses and manage to save every month. Father in law even saved and bought his first tractor from the money he earned from us. So no worries it is easy to live cheap in Thailand, but it can not be expected from everybody to live and be happy with so little. 

If you find a younger girl, who like to party, show off her lifestyle after catching a rich foreigner, what to expect? 

We all know when we are being taken for a ride, but some think everything will be better. The truth it will not be better, it will only be worse when it starts out like this. 

Accept the defeat and move on unless you like the mental game and torture you know is coming. I met a few of those, but they exposed themselves almost immediately by their appearance and questions. I do not believe anyone bing taken on a ride like this by surprise without any warnings of what will come in the future. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Just a normal Isan village they are living. When Im there at our place, we all live on 30k a month includes living cost for 

4 adults

One teenager

3 dogs

one cat

3 sheeps

200 fish in pond

electric 3000k a month +-

Eating out three times a month with a bottle of wine international restaurant

10 000 baht pay for my parents in law who work or help us 4 days a week. However we do not pay for their household when they are not working. 

Parents in law live on 5k a month include all expenses and manage to save every month. Father in law even saved and bought his first tractor from the money he earned from us. So no worries it is easy to live cheap in Thailand, but it can not be expected from everybody to live and be happy with so little. 

If you find a younger girl, who like to party, show off her lifestyle after catching a rich foreigner, what to expect? 

We all know when we are being taken for a ride, but some think everything will be better. The truth it will not be better, it will only be worse when it starts out like this. 

Accept the defeat and move on unless you like the mental game and torture you know is coming. I met a few of those, but they exposed themselves almost immediately by their appearance and questions. I do not believe anyone bing taken on a ride like this by surprise without any warnings of what will come in the future. 

For me that is an interesting post - because it reminds me to spend less myself. But we stay in Pattaya, living in a luxury condo just in front of the sea. Then we need about 30K alone for medicaments each months. And finance the school of my stepdaughter incl. her own condo, motobike. We mainly live on international food from expensive stores etc. This adds up considerably. But I agree with the picture you paint about the rural life.

What is confusing, though, is that you seem to adress while quoting my post both me (at the beginning, thank you for that) and the OP (at the end, I do not need to accept any defeat and are not expecting any torture and as of my previous post I am married happily since decades - so no need for a "younger girl who likes to party", but for the OP this may sadly be true).

Interesting that you have some sheep. Do you keep these as a food reserve when your muslim friends from the south are visiting ? We had some 11 dogs not so long ago - practical natural alarm - nobody approaches the house without being detected. And some cats - no idea how many. The 3000 for electric may be right without A/C. No pond on our land, too but I guess the fish do not eat that much. Maybe maintenance is an issue ?

I think you are doing many things right. Thanks for all the info and I wish especially that everything goes well for the OP.

Edited by moogradod

37 minutes ago, moogradod said:

For me that is an interesting post - because it reminds me to spend less myself. But we stay in Pattaya, living in a luxury condo just in front of the sea. Then we need about 30K alone for medicaments each months. And finance the school of my stepdaughter incl. her own condo, motobike. We mainly live on international food from expensive stores etc. This adds up considerably. But I agree with the picture you paint about the rural life.

What is confusing, though, is that you seem to adress while quoting my post both me (at the beginning, thank you for that) and the OP (at the end, I do not need to accept any defeat and are not expecting any torture and as of my previous post I am married happily since decades - so no need for a "younger girl who likes to party", but for the OP this may sadly be true).

Interesting that you have some sheep. Do you keep these as a food reserve when your muslim friends from the south are visiting ? We had some 11 dogs not so long ago - practical natural alarm - nobody approaches the house without being detected. And some cats - no idea how many. The 3000 for electric may be right without A/C. No pond on our land, too but I guess the fish do not eat that much. Maybe maintenance is an issue ?

I think you are doing many things right. Thanks for all the info and I wish especially that everything goes well for the OP.

Just a general reply to your replies and the tread yes.

3000 baht is with aircon included. 

I transfer 65 k a month if nothing special, and keep my savings in Norway. I also still get my documented income from the embassy, but for safety, I also transfer flat out 65k a month.

We do travel alot, but having big land and enough space is luxery, and also good to know we can if we have to live alot cheaper. 

The sheeps is for breeding our own food, and if we had bigger land, we would had a few buffalos and pigs to, and if <deleted> hitscthe fan, we will get chickens as well the before mentioned. Its just out of comfort we did not add anymore yet. 

Luxery can be anything you like it to be, its just your mindset, what true luxery is. We could also had a 120m2 appartment with seaview in Hua Hin, but the truth is, while waiting for the perfect appartment I started to get bored, and then Covid arrived, and we started building our mini farm. Im 100% positive I value that farm and that life 100% more than a life in Hua Hin or any other beach city in Thailand. 

17 hours ago, Hummin said:

20 short times? 

If you add up the time, beer, lady drinks and barfee, you know it is not possible.

Come on you know i point i was trying to make. From Thai Friendly there is no bar fine or lady drinks. 2000 baht gets you a nice girl ST.

Edited by Henryford

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just a general reply to your replies and the tread yes.

3000 baht is with aircon included. 

I transfer 65 k a month if nothing special, and keep my savings in Norway. I also still get my documented income from the embassy, but for safety, I also transfer flat out 65k a month.

We do travel alot, but having big land and enough space is luxery, and also good to know we can if we have to live alot cheaper. 

The sheeps is for breeding our own food, and if we had bigger land, we would had a few buffalos and pigs to, and if <deleted> hitscthe fan, we will get chickens as well the before mentioned. Its just out of comfort we did not add anymore yet. 

Luxery can be anything you like it to be, its just your mindset, what true luxery is. We could also had a 120m2 appartment with seaview in Hua Hin, but the truth is, while waiting for the perfect appartment I started to get bored, and then Covid arrived, and we started building our mini farm. Im 100% positive I value that farm and that life 100% more than a life in Hua Hin or any other beach city in Thailand. 

Such a mini farm is our dream for the future, too. I do not expect to live very long anymore because of my heart condition and it will be then my wife living there. So it was the planning to have a more luxury life with a superb accomodation, nice car, expensive restaurants for the short time I am still alive and then change the lifestyle without me which would be no problem for my wife. She would even love to have what you have there.

But land has become very expensive and below 2 rai it might not be worth it to grow anything on. And where it is affordable it is very far away from a bigger city with hospital etc. Offers with a already finished house on it are even more rare and builing a house from scratch could turn into a nightmare. The quaity of workmanship does vary very much (we know that from the first rural style house we erected in the country) and to find a crew that could be trusted moneywise is as well a gamble. We have already started looking around in the vicinity and will go from there now more and more. The procedure to find and buy should be over in less than 2 years - if possible in a few months. Maybe I still survive until then.

Another concern is the quality of the soil. What I know from Si Khio it is rather dirt than dark fertile soil. The land should be a bit high above sea level because of possible floods. Apart from chickens and ducks she would not have any animals. Chickens do lay eggs. I have never heard of pigs doing this and we both are Buddhist and try not to do any other sentient being any harm. So pigs and sheep are nice to have (we do love pigs actually) but they rather cost than contribute to the life. Even now we will convey a bug to our terrace if we find one in the condo. My wife is a professional doing this.

All the best for you and your family in Norway (or was it Sweden ?)

And to the OP: It is true, there are very nice ladies around waiting for you. So just follw the advice given here and later seperate the wheat from the chaff. Needs a good eye, some sensitivity for your fellow humans and as always something what is usually called luck.

Edited by moogradod

5 hours ago, moogradod said:

Such a mini farm is our dream for the future, too. I do not expect to live very long anymore because of my heart condition and it will be then my wife living there. So it was the planning to have a more luxury life with a superb accomodation, nice car, expensive restaurants for the short time I am still alive and then change the lifestyle without me which would be no problem for my wife. She would even love to have what you have there.

But land has become very expensive and below 2 rai it might not be worth it to grow anything on. And where it is affordable it is very far away from a bigger city with hospital etc. Offers with a already finished house on it are even more rare and builing a house from scratch could turn into a nightmare. The quaity of workmanship does vary very much (we know that from the first rural style house we erected in the country) and to find a crew that could be trusted moneywise is as well a gamble. We have already started looking around in the vicinity and will go from there now more and more. The procedure to find and buy should be over in less than 2 years - if possible in a few months. Maybe I still survive until then.

Another concern is the quality of the soil. What I know from Si Khio it is rather dirt than dark fertile soil. The land should be a bit high above sea level because of possible floods. Apart from chickens and ducks she would not have any animals. Chickens do lay eggs. I have never heard of pigs doing this and we both are Buddhist and try not to do any other sentient being any harm. So pigs and sheep are nice to have (we do love pigs actually) but they rather cost than contribute to the life. Even now we will convey a bug to our terrace if we find one in the condo. My wife is a professional doing this.

All the best for you and your family in Norway (or was it Sweden ?)

And to the OP: It is true, there are very nice ladies around waiting for you. So just follw the advice given here and later seperate the wheat from the chaff. Needs a good eye, some sensitivity for your fellow humans and as always something what is usually called luck.

It have been a complete journey building it, and not only learning alot avout myself, how to build in Thailand with thai local construction “company”. At least I learned alot about my gf and her parents, and I have to say if her family was not who they are, this farm would never have been build in their village. We are 100 depended on their work and willing to take care for us when we are not there, and they do, and that what makes it so satisfying to trust them with the houses and animals, which gives us freedom and them some extra work and money. 

If you ask me if I would have done it again? God knows, but covid came along and made it happen. 

Now Im happy to now we secured a good lifestyle for 3 million baht include 4 rai  land and 180m2 indoor space and also 100m2  outside space ounder insulated roof. 

Of course alot more expensive than they would had built, so Im sure if you give your wife opportunity to make choices for her self, she can make a small amount of money go far if you let her have the chance when the time comes. 

The most important to most Thais, is to live close to their families, both for security and support, of course if they have an healthy connection and relationship with each other. 

At the end, Im not sure I would live here in my 70’ies, but that is still 20 years to go, so who knows. 

On 7/2/2022 at 6:56 AM, ezzra said:

I would find a way to change the locks when she's out, but if it's not possible pay her until you'll be back and than change the locks, 'hell hath no fury like Thai woman scorned'...

And make sure you tell the condo manager and office they cannot give the new key to anybody for any reason and mention that includes Ms. vvvvvv vvvvvvvvv

• 2 weeks later...