Monthly support

11 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

And before, contact police and make them raid the condo, searching for the document.

Explain your problem and pay them for the job.

Great idea. Can you explain to a guy who obviously knows nothing about Thailand and the Thai way how to contact the police, explain them the problem and pay then to do the job?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nees Shah said:

...She doesnt want to get a job and she tells me it is a guy’s job to look after girl in Thailand. I don’t know the culture too much but I am worried about her destroying the condo chanote. What can i do?

That's the Thai-way-of-thinking for many Thai ladies, I've several times heard them say: "If a man cannot provide, why should I keep him?" And they did kick him out...:whistling:

I believe you can get a replacement title deed, but it might however be cheaper just to send her the extra 10,000 baht a month until you get back to Thailand, take possession of the title deed in your name and sort out the future between the two of you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Or say you can't afford any more, blame the Russians and the invasion of Ukraine, she can find a new boyfriend if she wants more money 

maybe she already has a new bf and she's trying to blackmail the guy in the UK to get extra  555

almost 1K quid a month for nothing, no sex and no other "personal/private" services (555)... 1K quid a month so you can claim to have a  GF in Thailand, for that amount of money you can have more than 1 and less headaches, where is the condo, where did you met her

That's not only 40,000 baht a month.
She doesn't need to pay rent and probably you pay electricity and water too.
That saves her another 10-XXXX thousand a month.

Kick her out.
5k a month and tell her to get a job.*
Lazy piece of ....

Just now, RafPinto said:

That's not only 40,000 baht a month.
She doesn't need to pay rent and probably you pay electricity and water too.
That saves her another 10-XXXX thousand a month.

Kick her out.
5k a month and tell her to get a job.*
Lazy piece of ....

He could pay you to stay in his condo....lol

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He could pay you to stay in his condo....lol

I know.

I would even go without any payment.
Just stay rent free, water and electricity included and probably throw in food for a few months.
Would be nice if a car is provided as well.

Sometimes, I need to drive to the building material shop to buy some products to keep the property up to date.

• Haha 1

What an interesting topic!

Go on, everybody, and have fun with this amateurish troll. Show off how good you are at this. There are so many things that have not yet been written, so many questions that have not yet been asked. Don't hold back.

• Like 1

There was a girl who already had 2 guys who sent her money and she was trying to add one more, me. ???????? those guys came to Thailand in different time to visit and spend sometime with the gf. ????????

It is all your choice, what you want to be. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly, he is being played.

Nope you guy’s Is played by the op. Nobody with some kind of common sens would not be played like this and post about it. Yes I know some suckers sending more than that, and have eaten breakfestcwith them, and they showed me the transfers. This back in my Handsome 30’ies when girls went with me for fun, and they bragged about their solid catches like some brag about their prostitutes they recently had and enjoyed. A full circle

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

According to bangkok post, 40 % of all thais has less then thb 10.000 in salary monthly.

Skip her.

And before, contact police and make them raid the condo, searching for the document.

Explain your problem and pay them for the job.

" ...make them raid the condo... "  Good luck with ordering the police what to do. And good luck with offering the police bribes. It can work, it can also get you into big trouble.

Even if she did burn the chanote it can be replaced.

If she did burn it, would that really achieve anything for her? No. Do you really want a gf with this level of intelligence? 

Did you keep a copy of both sides of the Chanote? Very easy thing to do, using smartphone.

As others have said many Thais, many whole families survive very well on a quarter of 40,000Baht a month.

Plenty survive on 10,000Baht a month with kids going to school and paying rent or mortgage payments.

A question. Is she in love with you? The answer is obvious.

Another question. Are you in love with her or are you in love with the idea of having a gf in another country? 

Edited by scorecard

6 hours ago, Hummin said:

This back in my Handsome 30’ies when girls went with me for fun, and they bragged about their solid catches like some brag about their prostitutes they recently had and enjoyed. A full circle

And as an old guy, I've sat with young women laughing about the younger foreigners they had in tow.

Generally they disrespect all men, we're all marks/customers/suckers to them.

Thinking your one is different ............. or you're different ............

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

As others have said many Thais, many whole families survive very well on a quarter of 40,000Baht a month.

Plenty survive on 10,000Baht a month with kids going to school and paying rent or mortgage payments.

This is for Pattaya:

While it is true that there are many jobs which pay barely 10K a month, like at 7/11 or in some supermarkets as logistic helper or even cashier, a whole family cannot live with kids going to school and paying rent, electricity etc. with that budget. I do not know where you have acquired such a fairy tale and sell it here as the truth. Even a single person could barely survive on this, thats why many have to help each other, share one room etc.

Lets first talk survive, not living. The cheapest condos in Pattaya Rat-Hole Class are just a bit below 3'000.-- per month. Without electricity, without water. Thats for one room. Of course you could do without aircon, but a fan needs electricity, too. How about a refridgerator ? Needs plenty. And have you seen such an estate ? I have. I doubt you would want to live in there - let alone a family with children.

Then there are school tuitions to be paid and books, money for school excursions, transport etc. And do not forget expenditures for medical expense. There is the Social MInimum Scheme for Thais, but this does not cover everything. And then you live on the cheapest of food imaginable. For a family ? Would you call that style of existence "Plenty to survive" and OK ? I would say its not even enough to survive, let alone enough to live and quite far away from living comfortably.

Even in the countryside with much more restrictions on comfort 10K for a family is more of a hardship than a basis for a comfortable life. That is my real life experience, not just hearsay. I think it does not help to promote this attitude that the bare minimum to survive is OK for a "normal" Thai. It is not. Instead one should invest his thinking how a very much higher income could be made available to most.

Edited by moogradod
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, moogradod said:

This is for Pattaya:

While it is true that there are many jobs which pay barely 10K a month, like at 7/11 or in some supermarkets as logistic helper or even cashier, a whole family cannot live with kids going to school and paying rent, electricity etc. with that budget. I do not know where you have acquired such a fairy tale and sell it here as the truth. Even a single person could barely survive on this, thats why many have to help each other, share one room etc.

Lets first talk survive, not living. The cheapest condos in Pattaya Rat-Hole Class are just a bit below 3'000.-- per month. Without electricity, without water. Thats for one room. Of course you could do without aircon, but a fan needs electricity, too. How about a refridgerator ? Needs plenty. And have you seen such an estate ? I have. I doubt you would want to live in there - let alone a family with children.

Then there are school tuitions to be paid and books, money for school excursions, transport etc. And do not forget expenditures for medical epense. There is the Social MInimum Scheme for Thais, but this does not cover everything. And then you live on the cheapest of food imaginable. For a family ? Would you call that style of existence "Plenty to survive" and OK ? I would say its not even enough to survive, let alone enough to live and quite far away from living comfortably.

Even in the countryside with much more restrictions on comfort 10K for a family is more of a hardship than a basis for a comfortable life. That is my real life experience, not just hearsay. I think it does not help to promote this attitude that the bare minimum to survive is OK for a "normal" Thai. It is not. Instead one should invest his thinking how a very much higher income could be made available to most.

My family is well aware of plenty of folks, some with children, who are scraping through at the moment on very small money and with some help, where possible by neighbors etc.

But, no rent or mortgage to pay, 40,000Baht is luxury living. And those who can afford it good luck to them.

In this case should the poster give the girl 40,000Baht a month? Yes if he can afford it but there's also the question of whether she deserves that sort of money. Threatening to burn the chanote - seems doubtful she's genuine but ... 

Just now, moogradod said:

This is for Pattaya:

Then there are school tuitions to be paid and books, money for school excursions, transport etc. And do not forget expenditures for medical epense. There is the Social MInimum Scheme for Thais, but this does not cover everything. And then you live on the cheapest of food imaginable. For a family ? Would you call that style of existence "Plenty to survive" and OK ? I would say its not even enough to survive, let alone enough to live and quite far away from living comfortably.

Wrong on the ability to live on 10k a month.  Fan room  no hot water, or aircon, plenty for rent at 2500 thb just outside of the main districts. No need for a refrigerator, a bag of ice in a water cooler is all many have  they buy the food from the local vendors and many eat a meal of rice and mooping or rice soup for breakfast they can make easily. Dinner again cheaply.  Kids going to a government school minimal cost except for uniforms.  Mom and dad making a combined 18 to 20k a month still send 3 to 5k home each month to help the parents. Not hearsay either, real life.  See it everyday, the families we adopted during covid lived prior like I said.  Now at least one is employed.  Have some ex family members in Chonburi living the same way.

True a higher income should be paid but it never will.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moogradod said:

And then you live on the cheapest of food imaginable. For a family ? Would you call that style of existence "Plenty to survive" and OK ? I would say its not even enough to survive, let alone enough to live and quite far away from living comfortably

Most of the world live on the cheapest food available and live in 'mud huts'.

White man privilege doesn't extend to the rest of the world. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Exactly, and it is what many are used to and accept it. Trying to get ahead, but never able to do it, even as they become childless...

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wrong on the ability to live on 10k a month.  Fan room  no hot water, or aircon, plenty for rent at 2500 thb just outside of the main districts. No need for a refrigerator, a bag of ice in a water cooler is all many have  they buy the food from the local vendors and many eat a meal of rice and mooping or rice soup for breakfast they can make easily. Dinner again cheaply.  Kids going to a government school minimal cost except for uniforms.  Mom and dad making a combined 18 to 20k a month still send 3 to 5k home each month to help the parents. Not hearsay either, real life.  See it everyday, the families we adopted during covid lived prior like I said.  Now at least one is employed.  Have some ex family members in Chonburi living the same way.

True a higher income should be paid but it never will.

10K a months results in a life more similar to that of a prison than one of a happy life I believe. No refridgerator ? Possible maybe - as a hobo. Fortunately I make this up, too and I have no life experience myself on such a low level. We are living a luxury life with the best in abundance but I have understanding for everybody who wants at least a bit of a share of comfort.

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, sadly true if you take the whole planet as a reference. But we are talking Thailand here, the nation that is planning to shoot a satellite in orbit and entertain submarines and gives home to a respectable number of billlionaires. Not about a tribe in the Amazon forest or African desert.

6 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Yes, sadly true if you take the whole planet as a reference. But we are talking Thailand here, the nation that is planning to shoot a satellite in orbit and entertain submarines and gives home to a respectable number of billlionaires. Not about a tribe in the Amazon forest or African desert.

Thailand isn't much different to the Amazon forest as far as I can see.

25 years back my woman and her family travelled by Buffalo cart.

If it weren't for me, she'd still be living in a corrugated iron hut in the jungle.

When I met her they didn't have a fridge, toilet or running water.

Electric lights, fan, tube tv and her mobile phone were all the modern tech they owned.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand isn't much different to the Amazon forest as far as I can see.

25 years back my woman and her family travelled by Buffalo cart.

If it weren't for me, she'd still be living in a corrugated iron hut in the jungle.

20 years ago my woman and her family did travel nowhere. She did not even have money to buy shoes for herself and a chicken egg (if they had one) needed to be split in quarters. Some did not even have official papers and they lived by mercy of a land owner for which they planted rice. They lived in a hut that was barely identifiable as such. No water, no toilet.

Now my wife has land and a big house and the family is a respected member of the Moo Baan community. Guess how ????

Edited by moogradod