Video: "Man with famous surname" shoots motorcyclist in road rage incident - sister bails him out for 300K

webfact

On 7/4/2022 at 11:01 AM, PJPom said:

The sense of entitlement of the rich and connected in Thailand is amazing

Neither his house, nor his (at least 15-year old) Strada G Wagon suggest that he is either rich or connected!   The low level of bail doesn't suggest that either.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:44 PM, IamNoone88 said:

released back onto the streets and for just THB 300k. Have not heard of holding without bail?

"Have not heard of holding without bail?"

I'm sure they have and, if that was mandatory to be applied to this man's charges (it isn't), he would be locked up now.

On 7/4/2022 at 11:23 AM, VocalNeal said:

If they pay taxes then technically they do?

Then they need to come on down and fix the potholes on the soi to my home. In the last three years the number has increased dramatically

On 7/4/2022 at 3:17 PM, Tony125 said:

Do you have a problem reading/understanding English or too lazy to read the entire post as they did name him in the article and the injured motorcycle driver.

" Arrested was 54 year old Sorawuth Nana

And nowhere in the OP or the link did it state that he is "rich and connected".   Did you see his house and his old G Wagon that he was so concerned about?   

The majority on this thread seem to be assuming that he's part of the immensely rich Indian-Thai Nana family but that has not been confirmed. 

On 7/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife carries a baseball bat in her pickup as a precaution in case of attack. Wouldn't be much use against a gun, though. Nice country, Thailand, where anything can set anyone off into a deadly rage at any time.

Where do you come from that is so perfect compared to Thailand?

On 7/4/2022 at 8:08 PM, billd766 said:

The bail should have been at least 3 million baht in cash and non refundable.

Bail does not work that way...in any country...unless the defendant doesn't appear.   You can't just make up laws to suit Thaivisa threads!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, Ginner said:

Thailand the rich and famous are allowed to fxxk over, cheat, rape and shot the loso's and walk away free by passing over a few Bhat, to the local authorities.

He isn't necessarily rich and hasn't been allowed to "walk away free"; he's charged with attempted murder among other things.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:
On 7/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

My wife carries a baseball bat in her pickup as a precaution in case of attack. Wouldn't be much use against a gun, though. Nice country, Thailand, where anything can set anyone off into a deadly rage at any time.

Where I come from, the UK, no-one I ever met felt the need to carry a weapon in their vehicle in case they were attacked by someone because, for example, they honked their horn at them. You and I know there are almost daily reports on this site of senseless violence over the most trivial of things, sometimes leading to murder.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1265064-mob-attack-leads-man-needing-nearly-100-stitches/

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Enoon said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Anywhere in the West that isn't Liverpool?

I'm guessing from your response that you are not from the US, the UK or Europe, then, all regions where the "rage" you referenced has been well documented. 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, webfact said:

She described him to police as a lovely guy with full mental faculties. But he was under stress. She admitted he drinks, but not to excess.

The alcohol made him do it.  He's really a sweet, gentle man.  ????

On 7/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

In practically every other country bail would be on the table also.  Maybe you know a country where the option of bail is denied by law for the offences he has been charged with?

If there is a risk to the trial or he may do a runner, bail is denied, unless of course in your superior view. 

• Sad 1

On 7/6/2022 at 2:23 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

He isn't necessarily rich and hasn't been allowed to "walk away free"; he's charged with attempted murder among other things.

If he has been  charged  why is he out walking about? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Almer said:

If he has been  charged  why is he out walking about? 

Bail, obviously.  You've never heard of that?

6 hours ago, Almer said:
On 7/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

In practically every other country bail would be on the table also.  Maybe you know a country where the option of bail is denied by law for the offences he has been charged with?

If there is a risk to the trial or he may do a runner, bail is denied, unless of course in your superior view. 

It's safe to assume, then, that he is not considered a threat to the trial or a flight risk unless, in "your superior view" [sic] to use your own words, you know better. 

300,000 bail??? walk away never to be heard of again 200,000 for the police and 100,000 for the taxi guy. I know a falang who killed a Thai guy, who was drunk and walked into the middle of the road from behind a bus. 1,000,000 bail he had to put up for what was a total accident, every witness said the same.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ginner said:

300,000 bail??? walk away never to be heard of again 200,000 for the police and 100,000 for the taxi guy.  I know a falang who killed a Thai guy, who was drunk and walked into the middle of the road from behind a bus. 1,000,000 bail he had to put up for what was a total accident, every witness said the same.

Has he walked away "never to be heard of again"?  No, didn't think so.

Retained bail money doesn't go to the victim or to the police, it goes to the courts. 

Bail requirements for foreigners in serious cases are typically more than for locals as the chances of foreigners leaving the country and not appearing in court are, very obviously, much higher. 

If your pal was found not to be at fault he would have had his bail money returned to him by the court after the case, so what's the problem?  It would have been refunded even if he was found guilty as long as he appeared in court for the case.

Edited by Liverpool Lou