You wont believe where iconic "Bond theme" originated!

I read all the James Bond/Fleming novels before I was 12, and even before I knew how to pronounce the foreign-sounding given-name, 'Ian'. 

I pronounced it Ion, like the end of a cation, in Chemistry. 

This is how naive I was when I was 12.

Of course, I had already read Fanny Hill, but still I knew not much about the real world, nor what goes on in darkened movie theaters, or why men and women go to movie theatres. 

Fleming's 'The Spy Who Loved Me' novel caused me deep trauma in my early youth, simply because Fleming had written something so different from what I expected or knew. 

Anyone who has read this book must recall some spy, wasting all his time, up in the balconies of a theater getting head, but not from the Sugar Plum Fairy. Sorry Lou. 

Sometime around 1964, I saw From Russia With Love. This film, at my tender age, blasted me out of my theater seat, although, I must have been too young to get an erection, such a waste. 

I have listened to Shirley Bassey sing at Albert Hall, and just the sound of her beautiful and spectacular voice always provides me a wonderful virtual boner, just as if I were in the balconies, in my favorite novel, The Spy Who Loved Me, with some counter-spy going down on me with her luscious Red Communist lips. 

But, really, this is what The Spy Who Loved Me is all about, if you have ever read it. 

"If you really want to know", as Holden Caulfield always said, being 12 years old, reading about a famous spy, up in the balconies, in 1964, getting head, was far more stimulating for me than anything Soi Cowboy might offer, these days. 

Of course, for a spy, getting head in 1964 is not much different from the experience of a spy getting head today. How could it be? 

Holden Caulfield, also, has never grown up. 

And, when she sings, Dame Shirley Bassey, age 85, will forever provide us with everlasting erections. 

Bentley and Bond. 

They go together like a horse and carriage. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

On 7/14/2022 at 1:11 PM, VocalNeal said:

You've chosen to ignore content by GammaGlobulin.

Most people probably lack the intellect or perseverance to read his posts, or the discernment to decide what is relevant to them.

Whenever such a person remains silent, rather than posting an ignorant comment, I would feel blessed, if I had any way of knowing how many people had read his comments.