Entering Visa Exempt with expired O-A/Retirement Extension

Hello benevolent Forumites!

I was until a couple months ago living in Thailand on an O-A with Retirement extension via a well-known agent.  I'm outside Thailand now and it has expired, as planned.  I was originally going to get a long-term visa before returning, but plans have changed.

I now plan to enter Visa Exempt and get a 30-day extension, as I can only stay max two months right now anyway.

My question: is there anything special I should know about / watch out for because I previously had a longer-term visa?

I am using the same passport. This will be about 10 weeks after the extension expired.  I suppose I will remove the stapled-in pages from my passport as the visa is no longer valid anyway.  I will probably have a burner ticket out inside of 30 days (I did this in the past, and it seemed helpful).

Sub-question: should I book a hotel -- because I'm a tourist?  I rent an apartment and will of course stay there, but before I had the visa they checked the "onward hotel" for sure, during Quarantine Times.  In context, it's not a big expense.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I see no reason for you having a problem entering visa exempt to get 30 day entry.

A hotel reservation is not required when entering visa exempt. As a back up you could show proof you will be staying at your rented apartment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Sub-question: should I book a hotel -- because I'm a tourist?  I rent an apartment and will of course stay there,

No, you do not need to book a hotel or even put the address of your rented hotel.

Any address will suffice on the arrival card, which BTW is currently suspended.

So fly in obtain your visa exempt entry that can be extended by 30 and enjoy.

Having the onward flight within the 30 is wise in case airline at boarding insists upon it.