Onwardtickets.com works.

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, tell the authorities about this and they will likely clamp down .

A Thai immigration will probably read this thread and they will become aware of this cheating and close it down 

Nothing to do with Thai immigration.

The onward flight if often required by the airline to issue boarding pass.

The use of onward flights (rent a ticket) is nothing new. 

• Like 1

I had hard copy, but showed the cellphone instead.  It looked more authentic on the screen.  The cellphone version was sufficient because she got confirmation from the airline website.

Thai immigration did not ask about an onward ticket, in fact she didn't ask me anything.

I did request a TM-6 on board the aircraft.  The flight attendant said none were available.  I got the same response from the immigration agent.

I posted this because I haven't read any real-world experiences.  Saw many posters recommending the service, but nobody had actually used it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I got an email with a flight booking PDF after just a few minutes, and then five minutes later I logged onto the airline website using my last name and the reference number on the booking.  Nice!  They had a booking under my name.

Interesting. Does the confirmation show any notional value of the ticket? I mean, if you actually turned up to catch the flight I assume the airline would have some indication that it wasn't a "real" booking?

2 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

if you actually turned up to catch the flight I assume the airline would have some indication that it wasn't a "real" booking?

You cannot use the ticket for actual flight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Interesting. Does the confirmation show any notional value of the ticket? I mean, if you actually turned up to catch the flight I assume the airline would have some indication that it wasn't a "real" booking?

No, it's just a booking confirmation with the airline with a 6-digit airline booking reference code.  It's essentially the same as the itinerary I received from trip.com for my purchased tickets.  With tickets issued, not just a confirmed booking, I also got an E-receipt.  The onward tickets did not provide a receipt.

As I understand it, this IS a 'real' booking, registered under my name.  But just a booking.  No actual tickets are issued until payment is made.

26 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

I had hard copy, but showed the cellphone instead.  It looked more authentic on the screen.  The cellphone version was sufficient because she got confirmation from the airline website.

Thai immigration did not ask about an onward ticket, in fact she didn't ask me anything.

I did request a TM-6 on board the aircraft.  The flight attendant said none were available.  I got the same response from the immigration agent.

I posted this because I haven't read any real-world experiences.  Saw many posters recommending the service, but nobody had actually used it.

TM-6 is not issued anymore.

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

TM-6 is not issued anymore.

Yes, but I read that it had been 'suspended.'  I'm planning to apply for an O-visa in a few weeks, and was planning for the inevitable return to TM-6 forms, leaving me and a few hundred others without the needed form in the future.

If there was a spare card available, and I could get a stamp, why not ask?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

Yes required. I heard that it was just spot checked. I haven't heard of any first person reports yet.

The airline check-in clerk asked to see the vaccination certificate, immigration did not.

There was a desk just before the immigration area entrance with a lady in NBC gear, and a sign stating passengers could be pulled aside for random health checks.  Did not see anyone being interviewed as I passed by.

• Like 1

i got one of those when i arrived in nov 2021.....no one asked to see it

as ive been coming to LOS yearly since 2008 and is always ONE way...

never been an issue..fly out of LAX

before the dogs come at me I am NOT suggesting anyone do this.....relax

7 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

It is a confirmed booking but only has a validity of 3 to 7 days. If you are going to show at check in (which I do) best only purchase just before you fly. I find them excellent peace of mind 

On 7/9/2022 at 6:35 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

The onward flight is required because if immigration refuse a person entry , then they have a flight out the Country .

Although it isnt something new , its not really something that is out in the open . 

Making threads about it is likely to cause the authorities to take action and cull it 

The onward flight is usually required by the airline at check-in as if you are refused entry it's their responsibility to fly you back to where you came from.

I have never heard of Thai immigration asking to see one, I have been asked to show one at Immigration in Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong when I was travelling my Filipina GF but never for myself. 

@NoDisplayNameDoes this mean you entered without having to complete a TM6 (I know there was talk of suspending these but yours would be the 1st report I've seen of somebody entering without one).

Just now, Mike Teavee said:

I have never heard of Thai immigration asking to see one, I have been asked to show one at Immigration in Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong when I was travelling my Filipina GF but never for myself. 

Could be that Thai immigration know that people who board flights to Thailand will have a return flight , so no need to ask to see it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

The onward flight is usually required by the airline at check-in as if you are refused entry it's their responsibility to fly you back to where you came from.

@NoDisplayNameDoes this mean you entered without having to complete a TM6 (I know there was talk of suspending these but yours would be the 1st report I've seen of somebody entering without one).

TM-6 has been suspended.  I tried on the airplane and at immigration to get a copy as insurance.  Why?  For when the brains decide to reinstate the form, forgetting about the hundreds or thousands of foreigners during the suspension window not getting a stamped TM-6 who maybe might could need to show one in the future for some reason at immigration.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to Thailand in August and I have a return ticket for next year April.

I am coming in as Visa exempt and will apply for a non-OA within a few days after arrival.

Is my return ticket sufficient, or does it need to be a return ticket within 30 days after arrival?

The onward flight is required because if immigration refuse a person entry , then they have a flight out the Country .

Although it isnt something new , its not really something that is out in the open . 

Making threads about it is likely to cause the authorities to take action and cull it 

It’s chiefly required by the inbound airline. Immigration wouldn’t know or care. As far as they know, it is a genuine booking (which it is) with valid PNR. In the event that one were refused entry, one would simply have to pay for that flight to be brought forward or book another…. as would be the case with an already paid for flight. 

Edited by daveAustin

44 minutes ago, Barley said:

I am going to Thailand in August and I have a return ticket for next year April.

I am coming in as Visa exempt and will apply for a non-OA within a few days after arrival.

Is my return ticket sufficient, or does it need to be a return ticket within 30 days after arrival?

Bit dicey as you don’t have a visa. I’d just check in as normal, then if you get grief, step out of the line and book with onwardticket. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Barley said:

In my opinion you would need to have an outward bound ticket to somewhere within 30 days after arrival since you haven't got your non O visa at the time you enter Thailand.

• Like 1

But wouldn't that be a good thing? Shouldn't everyone here on a tourist visa have a proper onward ticket?

Edited by Boomer6969

2 hours ago, Barley said:

I would say that it is advisable to have an onward flight ( anywhere outside of Thailand will do ) within the 30 days of your exempt entry.

As stated, the airline you board returning to Thailand could request it and refuse your travel if you don’t have it available. 
Sounds like the perfect situation for Onwardtickets.com, use the site within 48 hours of your departure back to Thailand.

I will be travelling next week, to kill my OA retirement extension, and will return visa exempt in September, I will be using their services.

• Like 1

Agent just needs the six-character PNR, they can look up any record.

Personally, if asked I would hand over a hard-copy with my name and PNR high-lighted.

This practice is perfectly legal and acceptable. This used to be the sole domain of travel agents with GDS access, but now more easily available.

Many Thai people use such a  service when applying for Schengen and foreign visas.

• Like 1