Is Bkk Soi Cowboy nightlife back to normal, pre-pandemic

miketu

No

I made those pictures a couple of days ago - July 2022.

Some venues will never open again - until maybe someone else buys them.

Some could open now but they don't because there is not much business going on.

And the bars which are open are IMHO best case half as good as they used to be. I.e. Crazy House with the same concept, just fewer girls and they are a lot older and fatter than previously.

Will Soi C ever be what it was years ago? Probably no. Because even in the years before Covid business was down compared to previous years. Fewer girls, fewer customers, and higher and sometimes a lot higher prices (coyotes).

IMG_20220701_162838.thumb.jpg.2d0f2a27e8da4adbd1ab03a600ca60e1.jpg

IMG_20220701_162843.thumb.jpg.9dc8d49d9e96f123cef078c868a0a937.jpg

45 minutes ago, miketu said:

Wow, thanks for the update guys, even though depressing.

What about Nana Plaza, any better or the same as cowboy?   

Similar. More and more bars open but most of them are best case only half empty.

And all bars struggle to get girls and especially good looking girls.

Many "girls" who work there now wouldn't have been able to get past the entrance a couple of years ago. Fat, ugly, old.

Luckily, and as usual, a few bars are not bad. Especially in the 3rd floor.

But don't count on that. Not long ago one of the well known bars reopened. I was there on one of the first nights. Wow! Lots of pretty young girls. A week or two later almost all of them were gone. Similar in the ground floor. What was Rainbow 1 opened again. Few girls, but nice. A week or two later most girls were gone.

In Nana lady drinks are 200B per drink and whisky somewhere between 150 - 200 (in that area). It is a lot more expensive than it used to be. Sorry, I don't know the beer prices.

And, last but not least, the hotels on the premises are currently closed.

My personal prediction (without any Nana insider info) is: It won't get much better before the end of the year. Nana needs lots of customers (with enough money) to fill up that place. I don't think there are enough of those guys around in the low season.

Was horrible before covid already, even they still had enough tourists by then to keep things going (even you would see owners change frequently). Doubt there is much future for it, unless enough girls come back that start to offer proper service again at normal prices. 

Nowadays it gets to amounts that you might as well take a girl in any country of the world, or even better, hot Russians in Thailand.

I went to Soi Cowboy with friends this past Friday & Saturday nights, though didn't stay later than 11pm.

Crazy House was as OMF stated, same-old but mostly veterans, few new recruits.

Dollhouse is under new ownership, no more Happy Hour until 9pm, cut back to 8:30.   Not a bad line-up of dancers, some very attractive and fairly lively entertainers showing most of what there is to show.

Speaking of showing what there is to show, Long Gun surprised me with a very nice line-up, many of whom displayed their talents in full though the youngest and cutest were more coyly clad.   

Long Gun remains old school with shows that harken back to yesteryears long past. The venerable "egg drop", alas with plastic balls, flower pull from the groovy garden,  ciggy puffing and balloon busting with little darts flying like shrapnel. 

I can not imagine anybody getting worked-up enough by any of these numbers to go out an commit even the mildest sex crime.

Tilac had far more customers sitting out front than inside.  A quick peek inside made clear why.  Mostly veterans, few rookies, nothing changed in 15 years, including the wait-staff.

As others have said, lots of dark entryways still.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

as im reading this a thai girl offered to come to my room on tinder to give me "massage"

many working online these days..call out service

If I might ask: Does this work for you?

Personally I like to interact with the girls before there is more action. Good looks, good moves and even details of their promised performance are misleading.

And some girls are in a good mood one night and in a bad mood the next night and depending on a certain amount of tequila.

Obviously it's convenient to pick up the phone and order room service. But personally I think personal selection is definitely the better way to get what we want.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If I might ask: Does this work for you?

Personally I like to interact with the girls before there is more action. Good looks, good moves and even details of their promised performance are misleading.

And some girls are in a good mood one night and in a bad mood the next night and depending on a certain amount of tequila.

Obviously it's convenient to pick up the phone and order room service. But personally I think personal selection is definitely the better way to get what we want.

nah   they all want 1300 etc......Im totally self suffcient and on a budget....besides if i really want that i can get it at a shop for 500.......(hence the tossed salad story)

also im not keen on having my bedsheets or towels all oily and greasy.......so nah..hard pass