Actor Kills Garbage Collector In Car Crash

sriracha john

055.jpg

Sornram Theppitak

SiamZone

Actor kills garbage collector in car crash

A garbage collector was killed late Wednesday when a famous actor Sornram Theppitak in his BMW collided against her in Bangkok. Mr Sornram reportedly hit the 59-year-old woman at 11pm near a telephone booth in Lao Prao district. Direk Photichai, a security guard at Sri Thani condominium locating near the scene, said he heard a loud noise at the entrance of the condominium so he ran to the scene. He said he saw Mr Sornram opened the door of his black BMW 525i and found the body of Pitploen Takoanma in blood. He said Mr Sornram told him that he dozed off.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=119591

=====================================

He sticks out in my memory as the guy who scandalously evaded his mandatory military conscription duties required of all young Thai men. Seems he still hasn't learned responsibility yet.... how unfortunate it cost someone their life this time around.

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actor Sornram's car allegedly hits and kills woman

Popular actor Sornram Theppitak allegedly slammed his BMW car into a woman who was collecting recyclable garbage on a Bangkok street late Wednesday night.

The accident happened on Soi Senanikhom in Lat Prao district shortly after 11 pm.

Police quoted Adirek Phochai, a security officer of a nearby condominium, as saying he saw a BMW speeding and hitting the woman, Pitploen Takoma, 58, and crashing into a public phone booth.

Adirek said Sornram then emerged from the car and said he dozed off while driving. The actor quickly disappeared from the scene.

He was later admitted to Wichaiyuth Hospital.

- The Nation

He sticks out in my memory as the guy who scandalously evaded his mandatory military conscription duties required of all young Thai men. Seems he still hasn't learned responsibility yet.... how unfortunate it cost someone their life this time around.

He eventually did do his military service and received a lot of praise for how he went about it. Since then he has been held as something of a role model.

From what I've heard so far on TV and radio, he's getting quite an easy ride over this, though the story I heard this morning does not entirely match The Nation story posted here.

On the radio they didn't quote the security guard as saying he actually saw the crash or that the car was speeding. Rather than Sornram 'disappearing', it was said that he'd been taken to hospital by a passerby. There was hardly a mention that someone had been killed - thought I'd misheard that at first.

Edited by Tarragona

This is very sad. My condolences to the family of the victim. I don't understand why it doesn't happen more often actually, I've had several close calls with different "things" on the road at night. Often carts/bicyles and sometimes just people on the road.

I work in the evening, so it is around 7:30-8:30 when I am heading home, as are a lot of these folks and they are out on dark streets with no lights, reflectors etc. Truly dangerous. Some of the streets are also so poorly lit, it isn't until the glare of the headlights hits someone that you realize they are there and if you are momentarily distracted....

Now back to all you folks who were having so much fun before I came along!

Jail him. I'm sick of seeing people like this get off so easy. Is it funny that you see so many BMWs and Mercedes Benz cars in accidents around Thailand? This guy should just give everything he has to this woman's relatives. He doesn't deserve anything in life now other than his life. Send him to prison then force him to join the army and send him to the South. The guy is a butthead.

This is very sad. My condolences to the family of the victim. I don't understand why it doesn't happen more often actually, I've had several close calls with different "things" on the road at night. Often carts/bicyles and sometimes just people on the road.

I work in the evening, so it is around 7:30-8:30 when I am heading home, as are a lot of these folks and they are out on dark streets with no lights, reflectors etc. Truly dangerous. Some of the streets are also so poorly lit, it isn't until the glare of the headlights hits someone that you realize they are there and if you are momentarily distracted....

if you're aleep it does'nt matter if they have lights or not :o

if you're aleep it does'nt matter if they have lights or not :o

And, we all know that asleep is an anachronism for "passed out," with respect to the rich and famous.

With respect, noone on this forum who is quick to condemn him knows anything about what really happened except a few conflicting reports in the media.

Rather than rush to convict, let's reserve judgement for a while, huh?

So someone rich causes the death of someone poor again in LOS :o . And the sad fact is that after a bit of condolence ( hush ) money has been paid then in a couple of weeks not many will remember this story.

I wonder how diffrent the headlines would have been if the roles were reversed ???????.

He knew he seriously injured someone and then ran away.

He's as guilty as a puppy by a pile of poo.

And a coward to boot.

Did you see him run away? Some reports (already mentioned here) suggest he was taken by a passerby to a hospital.

:o

whom are you , and where is bendix ?

Yes, I was just about to report that someone had appropriated Bendix's identity.

Hehehe . Hey, if i was consistent, it would be boring.

If it is true that he ran away, then it was an additional crime- and I think he should be deemed drunk or otherwise under the influence- which would have been a very good reason to run away.

If it is not true that he ran away, than some serious charges should be levelled against the news reports that said he did, and they should hire some real journalists.

"Steven"

See post 4 above, where Tarragona quotes a radio report.

This is just the point, isnt it? Shoddy confused journalism leads to noone understanding what happened. A security guard says he disappeared - that doesnt mean he ran away, but we all extrapolated that.

I'm not saying he didnt run away. Perhaps he deserves to be banged up.

But I'm not going to jump on the 'lynch him' bandwagon based on what I dont know and prompted by the fact he may, or may not, have lead a charmed and useless life to date. He deserves to at least let the truth come out first, before he's condemned out of hand.

He sticks out in my memory as the guy who scandalously evaded his mandatory military conscription duties

Once a coward......

Would you want to be a soldier in a crappy country with a crappy army for 3 years? There's a reason why people try to evade this and if you have the chance to then why shouldn't you?

Would you want to be a soldier in a crappy country with a crappy army for 3 years? There's a reason why people try to evade this and if you have the chance to then why shouldn't you?

pls correct me if I'm wrong , and I hope I am ,

are not you a teacher here ??

Edited by Mid

pls correct me if I'm wrong , and I hope I am ,

are not you a teacher here ??

I'm from here. My dad's Thai. I live here.

I’d like to add my two cent to this.

Having worked with Sonram (Noom) for the better part of half a year, I can first-handedly say that he is one of the most genuine characters in Thai show-business – and I have known a lotta so-called stars.

Sonram has been a star since a teenager and a complete workaholic. Unlike most actors, who after two years or so are kicked-out by the likes of Channel 3, Sonram is still a leading actor – and he’s in his 30s now. Why? Because he does his job so well, both on and off the stage.

I believe that Sonram did simply fall asleep, he is completely over-worked – and that may not have all been his fault. I worked as a main actor on several TV Soap Operas and can tell you that some of the working days are decidedly long, from 4am – 10pm. The following day for most folk on the scene is a day off, but guys like Sonram have the Army calling him up to attend some propaganda event at a temple school.

As for that drinking alcohol lark, I never saw Sonram once having a glass of alcohol and everyone at Channel 3 and RS know that he rarely touches alcohol.

Through my own experience, I can say that Sonram is the kinda guy who is gonna feel really really bad for this incident and will do his upmost to compensate for the tragedy.

This was awful fate and besides just blaming Sonram for working too hard and falling asleep behind the wheel; let us hope that the likes of Channel 3 and RS Production learn a hard lesson from this and realize that the consequences of over-pushing their stars…can often be fatal.

Well well well. . and now we start to see a new side to the story.

But the big question is - will it be enough to see ThaiVisa's resident knee-jerk crowd accept a different perspective or not? Somehow I doubt it.

Thank you for posting that stevesuphan.

Well well well. . and now we start to see a new side to the story.

But the big question is - will it be enough to see ThaiVisa's resident knee-jerk crowd accept a different perspective or not? Somehow I doubt it.

Thank you for posting that stevesuphan.

I seriously think it will take more than a glowing reference to appease our residant poison keyboard brigade.

There they sit in their ivory towers, freshly pressed white sheet, cat o nine tails and hangmans noose at the ready, ever ready to pounce on the less fortunate.