TM 30 easing.

51 minutes ago, jessicar said:

I read a few times about easing of tm30 notification from July 2020

Which immigration office do you deal with.

Some offices seem to be ignoring the new rule and it's not just up country bush offices.

I think CM might be one.

May have that mixed up but certainly was a large office still insisting on TM30 upon return to home address. 

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office do you deal with.

Some offices seem to be ignoring the new rule and it's not just up country bush offices.

I think CM might be one.

May have that mixed up but certainly was a large office still insisting on TM30 upon return to home address. 

When I arrived in Phuket in September 2021 and later in my hometown of Chiang Mai, I did not do TM 30. I trusted Ubonjoe. When I made my 90-day report, they did not ask for document TM 30.
Immigration Chiang Mai has been good since Big Joke cleared the bumps.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JanPeder said:

When I arrived in Phuket in September 2021 and later in my hometown of Chiang Mai, I did not do TM 30. I trusted Ubonjoe. When I made my 90-day report, they did not ask for document TM 30.

Did you have an earlier TM-30 in the passport? In jomtien in registered only once. My condo/lease does not change. I have a 10-year lease. My passport changed and I got a new passport and registered again. That's it. Not going to register every time I make a foreign trip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JanPeder said:

So basically in 2022 if at same address long-term in Thailand, but you visit somewhere else in Thailand you don't have to re-register your main address in Chiang Mai now...?

That would be great....less hassle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

So basically in 2022 if at same address long-term in Thailand, but you visit somewhere else in Thailand you don't have to re-register your main address in Chiang Mai now...?

Yes

That has been in the regulation for TM30 reporting since June of 2020.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

That has been in the regulation for TM30 reporting since June of 2020.

But if you border hop back to same address...need to re-register TM30 for same address ? Slightly different to travel within Thailand.

Can't keep up at times with all the immi. policy tweaks !

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

But if you border hop back to same address...need to re-register TM30 for same address ? Slightly different to travel within Thailand.

If you enter with a new visa or visa exempt you have to do a TM30 report.

If entering with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa it is not required.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you enter with a new visa or visa exempt you have to do a TM30 report.

If entering with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa it is not required.

God, it just gets more granular on every level of these rules !

15 minutes ago, tjintx said:

Hi @ubonjoe, always appreciate your guidance.  When moving to a new visa (without leaving Thailand), does a new TM-30 need to be done (e.g., going from a 30 day exempt to a 90 day Non-O)?

In that situation your existing Tm30 is fine.

A new  TM30 is for change of address or reentering Thailand on a new visa or visa exempt 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

We have rented out our first house and I am moving today to another district (jangwat) within Chiang Mai. After I registered, at the district office, my new address in my yellow book. Do I then have to visit immigration and change my address by handing in a new tm30???