Sir Mo Farah reveals he was trafficked to the UK as a child

CharlieH

image.png.cd8021855460083c81c95f08b789929e.png

Sir Mo Farah was brought to the UK illegally as a child and forced to work as a domestic servant, he has revealed.

The Olympic star has told the BBC he was given the name Mohamed Farah by those who flew him over from Djibouti. His real name is Hussein Abdi Kahin.

He was flown over from the east African country aged nine by a woman he had never met, and then made to look after another family's children, he says.

BBC NEWS Article

image.png.64d41329fb650b00cd0a6084f2d19996.png

• Like 1

My thought when I read this last night was if he arrived illegally as he say, how has he, or how did he become a legal immigrant ? Just a thought as he has now become a knight of the realm and how is that possible for an illegal immigrant ? That's nothing to do with his early life of hardship as he has outlined, far from it, just curious how he got legally into the system as from what I read that was not explained.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

My thought when I read this last night was if he arrived illegally as he say, how has he, or how did he become a legal immigrant ? Just a thought as he has now become a knight of the realm and how is that possible for an illegal immigrant ? That's nothing to do with his early life of hardship as he has outlined, far from it, just curious how he got legally into the system as from what I read that was not explained.

It’s explained in the linked article.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s explained in the linked article.

I did read that but it hardly explains it given that the article states;

"Mr Watkinson helped him apply for British citizenship under the name Mohamed Farah, which was granted in July 2000.

In the documentary, barrister Alan Briddock tells Sir Mo his nationality was technically "obtained by fraud or misrepresentations"."

As I am posting the home office has just commented that no action will now be taken which begs the question - Because of his stature and achievements then does that effect decisions of legality made by the home office ?  as there must be many other deserving cases perhaps from people who have not made notable achievements but yet deserve the same consideration perhaps ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

I did read that but it hardly explains it given that the article states;

"Mr Watkinson helped him apply for British citizenship under the name Mohamed Farah, which was granted in July 2000.

In the documentary, barrister Alan Briddock tells Sir Mo his nationality was technically "obtained by fraud or misrepresentations"."

As I am posting the home office has just commented that no action will now be taken which begs the question - Because of his stature and achievements then does that effect decisions of legality made by the home office ?  as there must be many other deserving cases perhaps from people who have not made notable achievements but yet deserve the same consideration perhaps ?

Undoubtedly there are, but as Mo says himself:

"What really saved me, what made me different, was that I could run."

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Undoubtedly there are, but as Mo says himself:

"What really saved me, what made me different, was that I could run."

Bet many people wish they could do a runner and get away with it ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1