Void non-b

I applied for a non-b in my country and I would have got it if not for the previous (Thai) employer who denigrated me when the school had asked about me. The school decided to terminate my contract and they informed the embassy. The embassy put a stamp (VOID) on my visa. Will I encounter any problems getting a non-b because of that in the future?

Edited by Druidian

i think up to the reason. Is it because of some illegal activity or not.. or did you do anything wrong in your old school.. have many things you think its ok but actually not ok in thailand. 

if its only your old school told them you are not a good teacher or likewise, its totally up to your new work to decide to work with you or not. It seems to me if your new school call them and ask them about you, they will not say anything good. If i were you i would try to find a new recommendation or reference name and remove that both schools from my CV.

Your next school has no chance to know about this unless they call the old schools. No need to worry. Just forget about this and find a new one. 

good luck

Edited by problemfarang
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

What was the problem with your old school?

My former direct superior has some mental issues and at some point he turned against me. On top of that,  a native math teacher arrived at the school. I was teaching math. The agency downplayed my performance to prove to me I was not good enough wanting to give that new teacher my post. Then my superior wanted to move me to that new teacher post for less money breaching the contract. I refused and quit the job. The guy got angry since he had lost his face and here you go. The most ridiculous thing was the director didn't know about that and when I wanted to talk to him the Thai staff was making excuses so that I couldn't talk to him.

Edited by Druidian
  • Like 1

never work with an agency in thailand, trust me. you can find many schools by yourself. just go and look ajarn . com

even if you are not a native english speaker im sure there are many school will invite you for an interview. If you can teach math your chances are really high to get hired even by international schools which pays better than teaching english. 

good luck

• Thanks 1