Skipping 90 days, what are the consequences?

Apart from pushing the 2,000 baht fine ahead of you, are there any consequences of skipping the 90 days reporting for an extended period?

They use to ask for proof of 90 days reporting when doing the yearly extension, but this year my extension went through without it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could though be fined up to the maximum of 5000 baht if an officer you were blatantly ignoring the immigration acts requirement for 90 day reporting.

sure, but 5k is chump change to some people. not me, at least not until the markets pick up ????

doesn't make you a dill ie. stupid for paying such a fine if you CNBF doing all the reporting stuff. just give the "visa renewal" fee and the fine to your agent when she comes to pick up your passport at your condo once a year ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i think its being stupid miss the 90 days. I cannot understand why you want to do that willingly. Is there any other reason why you dont want to do it besides just being lazy to go there or lazy to do online?

these kind of actions affect other people soon or later. These kind of actions are the cause we have to deal with more stupid things from IO. 

I agree, it is a bit dumb not to do it, but my online reporting got out of sync when the online system was down and we had to do it at MTT. Later I was stuck on an island for 6 months during Covid, so immigration haven't exactly made it easy to comply with their rules.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could though be fined up to the maximum of 5000 baht if an officer you were blatantly ignoring the immigration acts requirement for 90 day reporting.

Joe, does a trip abroad nullify past 90 day "overstay"?

Can I start reporting again online 76 days from entering the country even though I haven't done any 90 days reporting 9 months prior to leaving Thailand?

12 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Joe, does a trip abroad nullify past 90 day "overstay"?

Can I start reporting again online 76 days from entering the country even though I haven't done any 90 days reporting 9 months prior to leaving Thailand?

A late 90 day report is not a overstay. A overstay is only for staying longer than your permit to stay in the country.

Leave the country with a late 90 day report would not be a problem.

The only problem you could have after entering the country would be if the office you report to noticed you had failed to do the 90 day reports for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

At some time in the future you may want something and these misses could result in you being denied getting whatever it is you wanted

Like an annual extension of stay, perhaps (but not at the present time, I believe)??????

Just now, OJAS said:

Like an annual extension of stay, perhaps (but not at the present time, I believe)??????

Not at the present time and maybe not for a long time into the future but you can bet if you apply for something requiring a clean record this will go against you

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

ser I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I wasn't the one calling the habitual report dodger a dill. I'm happy with whatever method anyone uses if it keeps them happy. when those guys who keep 800k festering in a Thai bank account for 35+ years instead of buying Apple stock ????

That´s usually how it sounds when money are short. 800k baht is nothing for a person that has planned their years of retirement. The ones who have not, can just stay home and enjoy social welfare instead. 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

2k baht is nothing to some people. easier to put your hand in your pocket and pull out a couple greys instead of having to mess around with setting up a new account etc. not to mention the printing of the little confirmation slip and keeping it in your PP. 

some people ain't got no time fo' dat, doesn't make 'em dills cobber.

Some people do find these simple things difficult. No need to print out anything

Indeed some of us do have better/more important things to do, like work for instance.  Online system has never worked for me, likely because I'm on a BOI Non-B visa.  Seems the systems are different.  I've missed my 90 Days a few times over the last 9 years.  Leaving the country does indeed reset it, and I've never had issue getting back in.

A couple times I wasn't able to leave and return.  One time was 3 days and they did nothing.  Another was about 3 weeks, and I got the 2k baht fine, a 45 minute 'lecture' from the woman in charge at Rayong immigration (which consisted of her saying in terrible English, over and over again "You must do 90 day report!"  I think that was the only English she knew)  and they put a stamp in the endorsements section of my passport showing that I failed to do 90 day report and that I had paid the 2k baht fine.

I guess if you got enough of those stamps it could cause you issue on renewing visa, or visa exempt entry etc.

Correction:  It was on a normal Visa page in the passport, not the endorsements section.  It is a large stamp that takes up more than a quarter of a page.

BL7uIP0BHaQhqXs0acqjW1HT3V2gBMX7PCJtfEg8JV7XralM2Zwf-nbPiZGIsRJSeO8fEAhz9WPvLiqv4mkiasb0mYsyQGO1ZlpFb782zneBb3EujVYUmJsGPKbp6tq76E3OA28HvlJJZSfmza8SzWgmN-BaK3pkD5wY20S7daLTUMSI2Qsdusm8pBPgMa8qxo9w6OKPltFbZUd0Px0S7iZrKfGidVR_5_lAgzARFUZB_tEi9WrWQdBiQY_YdgZc47lFW8b2kPRmeOnmLbaRiNIGSsYkejgLPBtqiJQvqpSDiNZ9H-aL1nuhJOreqlgv4BPimOzBalHAwALPmbuh8UfrVNphdKH9QDGuxALycjbptqu7Vg9l3tnJchXJSATNK1sfpGt10zKofaysYWNKWKQLrS1Lf8uZUM-dJ-RFAWbzuoFAfyd4hVgAY_l2qosetFwSIL1gbw2xnwo3hRrSdDPU3KegD8WRrsJiZ9fBb1X_q7Mzm0B2oPcQLqMprkYGNPMNlX0qBlQ-1NiwSt_hHyUOLMIC6m3TuVjgaBM_AFStDiXIf8fGQV3Xfh2u5nVfwOgokadEkzq37-8u7-Zqeu2AnqUElLH7LoTU5u6VZkobSomIHsRo47iMPHFxgEBKlxWKRutUCN5G15xiOmF4NCJxcGvF23xWeK78WHTJMwlHfUZQ8F58xzNzIKViCFDfb_38lM_jBJIgeZ6SicfdXFfqeL5a9BGJuH2d_Ho9_zaNYoGjuFnSszcEWxH-_yM=w1274-h956-no?authuser=0

Edited by n8sail
Correction
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, n8sail said:

I'm much more organized in my 'old' age now,.........

Good that you are close to immigration so in person certainly an option.

Obviously you would be aware of mail in option and with CW (not sure about Rayong) the office returns all your photocopies and new TM47. 

Very simple for organized people. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, n8sail said:

Still doesn't work.  I unfortunately don't live in BKK, I'm in Rayong and the VISA and work permit are through the Rayong BOI and Immigration.  They are efficient and I have no complaints about them, but they don't seem to communicate with the other offices or something.

They should still process your 90 day reports online at the immigration office in Rayong if they have a record of you doing your 90 day reports to there.

What do you get when you submit the report to them on the new reporting site? You will get a email stating it was received and then a approval email later with a receipt for it or a rejection of it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good that you are close to immigration so in person certainly an option.

Obviously you would be aware of mail in option and with CW (not sure about Rayong) the office returns all your photocopies and new TM47. 

Very simple for organized people. 

Yes aware of it.   Never tried though, for above stated reasons.  It would take more time than simply driving over there.

Thanks for the poke at 'organized people' such as myself  ????

22 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

some people ain't got no time fo' dat, doesn't make 'em dills cobber.

Ain´t got no time? Really? I thought we were mostly talking about foreigners in Thailand on a retirement extension. They are supposed to have a lot of time for different things. That´s the whole point of retirement and also the meaning of the word. At the same time, they must have time for it, as working is not allowed with a retirement extension.

1 hour ago, n8sail said:

Indeed some of us do have better/more important things to do, like work for instance.  Online system has never worked for me, likely because I'm on a BOI Non-B visa.  Seems the systems are different.  I've missed my 90 Days a few times over the last 9 years.  Leaving the country does indeed reset it, and I've never had issue getting back in.

A couple times I wasn't able to leave and return.  One time was 3 days and they did nothing.  Another was about 3 weeks, and I got the 2k baht fine, a 45 minute 'lecture' from the woman in charge at Rayong immigration (which consisted of her saying in terrible English, over and over again "You must do 90 day report!"  I think that was the only English she knew)  and they put a stamp in the endorsements section of my passport showing that I failed to do 90 day report and that I had paid the 2k baht fine.

I guess if you got enough of those stamps it could cause you issue on renewing visa, or visa exempt entry etc.

I guess you will be able to see when your passport have 3-4 pages left. Then it´s time for getting a new one. See, problem just went out the door.