Skipping 90 days, what are the consequences?

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

With the attitude of some people here, I would welcome deportation as a result. And, no rules are not made to be broken. It´s only ignorant people that find it clever and smart to act like they can continue to do like they wish. That´s just dumb!

If you don't agree with anyone's rules, and you can find a way round them, then that is the way to go, as long as it is not to the detriment of ordinary people.

The way I see it, rules are made to be broken, unless of course you are a member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

enjoy social welfare instead.

An odd way of saying something a person worked for as social welfare…..  I worked

Full time for 51 years .. and I don’t think of it as welfare being money I contributed.. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could though be fined up to the maximum of 5000 baht if an officer you were blatantly ignoring the immigration acts requirement for 90 day reporting.

What if you make a same day trip to Lao or Cambo?

The clock resets with a fresh entry stamp, doesn't it?

14 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

What if you make a same day trip to Lao or Cambo?

The clock resets with a fresh entry stamp, doesn't it?

Yes and Yes.

But the office you are reporting to could make a problem when you do your report 90 days after arrival.

On 7/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could though be fined up to the maximum of 5000 baht if an officer you were blatantly ignoring the immigration acts requirement for 90 day reporting.

Could you find it being a problem when applying for PR or when trying to apply for an Elite Visa?

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ain´t got no time? Really? I thought we were mostly talking about foreigners in Thailand on a retirement extension. They are supposed to have a lot of time for different things. That´s the whole point of retirement and also the meaning of the word. At the same time, they must have time for it, as working is not allowed with a retirement extension.

Some people become even busier after retirement than they were before. They are trying to fit in everything they had no opportunity to do earlier, and before they become too old and decrepit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

Some people become even busier after retirement than they were before. They are trying to fit in everything they had no opportunity to do earlier, and before they become too old and decrepit.

That´s the pure essence of tragedy

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

An odd way of saying something a person worked for as social welfare…..  I worked

Full time for 51 years .. and I don’t think of it as welfare being money I contributed.. 

If you try to read all, and not copy out of context, you will soon see that I am not at all posting what you believe. Go back and read again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That´s the pure essence of tragedy

I actually sympathise with that viewpoint, and I have tried to live my life in a way that allows me to enjoy life's experiences, fitting them around my responsibilities. However, it is a reality that, for instance, you are not free to travel the world at will when holding down a fulltime job. 

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you don't agree with anyone's rules, and you can find a way round them, then that is the way to go, as long as it is not to the detriment of ordinary people.

The way I see it, rules are made to be broken, unless of course you are a member of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade.

Oh, see that must make you feel though, calling people that see rules as important for a working society "scared of your own shadow brigade". Did that make you grow 1 cm more? Before that you state that breaking rules is the way to go is you do not agree with them, as long as it is not to the detriment of ordinary people. Why do you think they have made harder visa rules through time? Is that because everyone have followed the guidelines or trying to find away around them? So, there you see and understand. Breaking rules do lead to the detriment of ordinary people.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Mostly it depends on your local immigration office. I missed it once and got fined 5K for missed it by a week because I was in the hospital, wife was giving birth to our second daughter. The office also told me that missing your 90 days put a check mark on your file and they could punish you by not awarding your next visa extension. IMO, it's all a game and if you follow the rules, good things happen.

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I actually sympathise with that viewpoint, and I have tried to live my life in a way that allows me to enjoy life's experiences, fitting them around my responsibilities. However, it is a reality that, for instance, you are not free to travel the world at will when holding down a fulltime job. 

And how is that relevant. If you travel the world, why would you need 1 year extensions with 90 day reports?

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

And how is that relevant. If you travel the world, why would you need 1 year extensions with 90 day reports?

Thailand has 77 provinces, and properly exploring some of the larger individual provinces alone can take weeks. Travelling does not always involve acting like an American on a once-in-a-lifetime two week trip through Europe. Indeed, one of my biggest pleasures is going somewhere with natural beauty, and spending my time hiking through the area and enjoying the local culture and food.

It is certainly possible to time matters so that, especially if the online system works, you can deal with officialdom. That does not mean it cannot sometimes be a hassle.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Thailand has 77 provinces, and properly exploring some of the larger individual provinces alone can take weeks. Travelling does not always involve acting like an American on a once-in-a-lifetime two week trip through Europe. Indeed, one of my biggest pleasures is going somewhere with natural beauty, and spending my time hiking through the area and enjoying the local culture and food.

It is certainly possible to time matters so that, especially if the online system works, you can deal with officialdom. That does not mean it cannot sometimes be a hassle.

So, then there is time, then.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, then there is time, then.

An answer I think we can both agree on. If you make meeting the rules of officialdom a priority, you can always find the time to do it, if necessary ensuring you are in the right location when a visit to the immigration office proves necessary.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I guess nothing happens. Just got the below:

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been approved.

You can open the PDF file and print the receipt for it to put in your passport.