No response to email (to VFS) to book an appointment to renew British passport

7 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

By adjust your application you mean falsely declare that you’re applying from a country your not resident in, your suggestion his illegal and highly risky.

Yes, and just imagine if found out, and they refuse to carry on with the application....????

On 7/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, bulmercke said:

Thanks for the responses everyone. Well you won't believe this but I decided to email them again this afternoon using my existing email provider (yahoo.com) and received an automated response back within an hour.

I had originally contacted them twice using a new email account I had set up with GMX Mail and had heard nothing. So the problem must have been with GMX Mail even though the emails I "sent" to them were in the "sent folder". I had even successfully exchanged emails between these two accounts (to myself) but for some reason there must be an issue either sending emails to VFS or receiving emails from them using GMX Mail.  I guess I made a mistake trusting this dodgy free email.

Thanks for highlighting this. I have had exactly the same problem over the last week using my GMX mail address to book an appointment. Read this post today as it is a week since I first emailed them. Today I used a Gmail address I own and had a reply within 1 hour with an appointment. Clearly spam filters or something similar in play at VFS Global.  Something to be aware of if you do not get a quick response.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:38 PM, theoldgit said:

By adjust your application you mean falsely declare that you’re applying from a country your not resident in, your suggestion his illegal and highly risky.

yes it was a risk, but i have my new passport now. it took exactly 28 days since i was late getting someone to take it to the UK and then mail it.

I suppose i should have used EMS, i paid 115 GBP for 50 Pages.

i'll do my other passport once retirement extension is renewed September. 

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

yes it was a risk, but i have my new passport now. it took exactly 28 days since i was late getting someone to take it to the UK and then mail it.

I suppose i should have used EMS, i paid 115 GBP for 50 Pages.

i'll do my other passport once retirement extension is renewed September. 

Yes, a risk, so not really advisable unless you're a bit of a chancer. ????

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, bolt said:

you could adjust your online application and perhaps ask someone to take your passport to UK and then post it to them from there

it would be returned to UK address then then that person could post it back to you via EMS

the time taken is approx. 3-4 weeks.

its worth a shot rather than going all the way to Bangkok

Excellent post. did just that, as the warnings before are non-existent,even advised if abroad state you are UK subject  (passport Office UK) or even as you suggest use UK address or use courier .  Renew driving licence too,5 days to arrive UK address

Edited by jonbeen

1 minute ago, jonbeen said:

Excellent post. did just that, as the warnings before are non-existent,even advised if abroad state you are UK subject  (passport Office UK) or even as you suggest use UK address or use Currier .  Renew driving licence too,5 days to arrive UK address

If they wanted to they could check your IP address but to combat that use a VPN

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If they wanted to they could check your IP address but to combat that use a VPN

Think not,PP office know its abroad (told them)  .also advised I use UK address or alternative they will dispatch via courier service