Good Samaritan or part of the problem? Thai woman has been feeding stray dogs and cats for 10 years

webfact

12 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Temple cats and dogs...are taken care of quite well.

I wonder why there is a notice at our local wat then that pet dumpers will be fined 40k and that the whole area is covered by cctv?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

More likely it's a totally selfish gesture.  I will make merit for myself by feeding strays and win the lottery.

Why do you assume she's doing it for merit? Like I said, she's got a good heart although misguided in the outcomes of her actions

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are in a dream world. 

I am skinny and young and an animal lover. I have 2 dogs of my own.  Yet i have been bitten by street dogs here.

As a good animal lover you should know it's wrong for dogs to roam around freely and live on the streets. 

It's cruel for them, dangerous for people.

They do have a right to be here on earth just like all other animal....so why are you not feeding city rats and pigeons as well as dogs..and welcoming covid 19 into your body....as it's also for a right to be here? 

The usual hypocrisy, people claiming animals have a right to be here while eating them ???? -some animals have more rights than others it seems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

what about the animals you undoubtedly eat, what about their rights? My mrs was savaged by a soi dog 4 years ago, she was not a fat smelly old falang.

Proton, I have no problem with anyone killing and eating animals for food. All life is sustained by the taking of other life, whether purposely or unintentionally. What I do have a problem with is people who kill other animals for convenience or, worse yet, for enjoyment. 

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's encounter with a soi dog. I'm also sorry to hear about the abuse and slaughter done to soi dogs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1