Using Wise to transfer to Siam Commercial Bank

On 7/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, EricTh said:

The problem is that Kasikorn doesn't have a 1.5 % interest rate unlike SCB online.

Opening a Kasikorn account just to transfer money is a bit overkill.

So O.K. But You CANNOT Have your Cake & Eat it Can You ??

18 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So O.K. But You CANNOT Have your Cake & Eat it Can You ??

Agree . Most people only transfer monthly or a few months once so it's still alright to use the other banks.

Just to add a couple data points even though I'm not an SCB customer yet.

I use (Transfer)Wise extensively for USD/EUR/HUF/THB in all combinations.  Transfers from Wise to Thai banks have ranged from instantaneous to a couple days, and I've never figured out why, it seems pretty random.  Instant is the norm, waiting is the exception.  Filling up the Wise account also sometimes settles immediately, sometimes takes a few days when I can't use "SEPA instant."

Having done all the same routes pre-Wise, I am *very* happy with the pricing.  You don't get standard proof that the money's from you, and there are <50K limits with some Thai banks but I think not SCB -- but if you're OK with those limitations then you can save quite a lot even compared to normal bank transfers, let alone ATM fees.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

I just initiated a $5,000 transfer from Wise US to SCB. At the start, it said that the money would be in SCB within 7 hours. When finished, it said it should be there by August 1. Strange delay.

Bank holiday 28 and Fri 29, Mon is Aug 1 so not strange at all

• Like 1