Pickup truck driver collides with electrical pole slippery road blamed

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect my elevated driving position also helps me .... I haven't hit a pedestrian yet! 

Good for you but these vehicles kill and maim more people . Big business wins the day on what is acceptable. If the environment was more of concern then these pick up trucks would be discouraged .

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Yes , pick up trucks are popular and useful . I would not own one as i prefer to pay for any object i can not fit in my car to be delivered . Why ? Because pick up trucks are not as stable as a car and also because of the size of the truck more pedestrians are killed or injured due to the high front . They have a useless turning circle which is not good in the city and use far more fuel .

I would slap a 80 km per hour speed limit on pick up trucks . 

The problem is that the manufacturers market and sell them as sports vehicles as evidenced in all the adverts, so the idiots all drive them like they are. Same with the bigger pick-up based SUVs such as Fortuners and Pajeros etc.

Then they have this aftermarket modifying and racing culture, which encourages this stupid behaviour. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have a pick up truck and feel it's wide utility and ability to handle floodwater and poorer roads make it a better choice. I don't hit pedestrians so don't feel they are more dangerous in that way, the diesel engine is very economical, more-so than many petrol cars. The turning circle has not proven an issue for me except very rarely  if I make a City U-turn, I have to be strong on the wheel... but more of my driving is out of town.  

Me too.