Cannabis and hemp will become a top new tourism trend in Thailand and a positive soft power, Bhumjaithai MP says

webfact

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

There are shops spouting up everywhere with advertising. Doesn'tthat qualify as 'waving in their faces'?

I was talking about smoking in public. Not really noticed the sellers so much, seen a couple of shops but you'd have to go inside before it's "waved in your face". Having said that, I am nowhere near the tourist areas.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You are misusing the word "karen." A karen is "a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors." Certainly not applicable here.

Forum members who have raised concerns about the potentially undesirable impact of cannabis decriminalization on road safety, crime, tourism demographics, mental and physical health, academic performance, and water resource management are not karens. This is especially true given that it is becoming increasingly clear that the Thai government has not fully thought through all the potential ramifications.

Such forum members, and I am proud to count myself as one, are thoughtful and socially conscious individuals who ought to be commended for their ability and willingness to focus on these social concerns, and for their unwillingness to turn a blind eye to them just because they might stand in the way of a desire to satisfy one's individual needs for gratification.

What ramifications?  You haven't said anything of substance, just promoting Refer Madness propaganda like a Karen.