Tourist e-visa application

9 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Whenever one member posts this sentence I still wonder how they can really think ( even with half a brain ) that a Thai person applying for a visa in lets say the UK or USA or Switzerland is the same as a British , American or Swiss applying for a Thai visa? 

Also, for what it is worth, it is no harder now (actually, slightly easier) for a Thai to get a tourist visa to enter the UK than it was 40 years ago.

Of course, 40 years ago (even 20 years ago) spending as much time as you liked in Thailand was very easy. [Though, when spending more than 180 days a year here, there used at one time to be extremely tiresome tax reporting before you could leave.]

Meanwhile, the procedure for a Westerner to get a tourist visa is more robust for every nearby country (Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, even Myanmar) than for Thailand. It constantly amazes me that a determination to avoid losing face does not lead the Thai authorities to fix the system.

3 hours ago, martin81 said:

Gerard.

Just book a hotel for one night that is refundable at Agoda or elsewhere and use that to show where you stay. You can just refund it if not needed. That's what I did. Just write hotel name in invitation. Nothing else needed for stay as long as it is not a STV visa. Just apply for normal TR visa or TR multiple 60 days.

Pattaya is not a Province. Its called Chonburi province.

Proof of financials could be paycheck or pension slip or bank statement.

Where it says “Accommodations Name” it says “City” not Province, I know Pattaya is in Chon Buri Province.  You said to book a hotel for one night and it should be ok.  I thing that ticks me off, I am married and, on the Application, it says “Invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand (of the first visit).  I have spent the last 16 winters in Thailand and I have stayed at my wife’s house or spent some times in Pattaya with the wife.  The new format sucks.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:53 AM, In the jungle said:

s it really the case that the London Thai embassy expect to see a 5,000 Pound bank balance for the issuance of a sixty day tourist visa?

If they do, that will torpedo a lot of applicants...how many unders 26s etc have that in the bank that want to have a good time in Thailand ?

I'd have been screwed back in day on that requirement.

Wish they would just move to 90-visa exempt on arrival like Malaysia.

Simplicity.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, PumpkinEater said:

I too found that E Visa site is requesting documents and information that is NOT required normally.

You would have to explain what documents and information are normally required for an E-visa.

23 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Whenever one member posts this sentence I still wonder how they can really think ( even with half a brain ) that a Thai person applying for a visa in lets say the UK or USA or Switzerland is the same as a British , American or Swiss applying for a Thai visa? 

You would have to explain why not.

14 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

I’ll have to double check because it says “City” you are probably right.  But I want to apply for a Tourist Visa (M) because I booked my flight early May before the price went up and it is for 6 months. As you know, many things changed on the 1 July.

If I remember right it asks for  province first, then 4 other dropdowns,  sub district, district, city and postcode, maybe not in that order.

You need to know how the address is structured, which could be a bit of a struggle for those not familiar.

11 hours ago, Gerard052 said:

Where it says “Accommodations Name” it says “City” not Province, I know Pattaya is in Chon Buri Province.

Look at what is displayed in the dropdown, if it is a list of provinces, select the appropriate province, if it is a list of cities select a city, etc.

Due to the pandemic the software hasn't had a great deal of use so bound to be errors, even Microsoft doesn't get it right first time, software evolves.

It should also be borne in mind the questions are there to cover a variety of circumstances and not all need to be answered, you can upload a "not required " or some other covering statement.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Look at what is displayed in the dropdown, if it is a list of provinces, select the appropriate province, if it is a list of cities select a city, etc.

Due to the pandemic the software hasn't had a great deal of use so bound to be errors, even Microsoft doesn't get it right first time, software evolves.

It should also be borne in mind the questions are there to cover a variety of circumstances and not all need to be answered, you can upload a "not required " or some other covering statement.

That is what I did, they can deal with it.

Just to update you all, I submitted the application on Sunday night and completed it by uploading images with "Not Applicable" on them, sometimes with a short explanation as to why it wasn't applicable, just so it would allow me to submit.

This morning I got the approved visa come through, so it seems that this approach does work.

Thanks all for your input!

• Like 2