Why have I been given this form for 30 day extension.

Ok I am from the Uk.For the last six years I have been entering Thailand with a tourist visa(60 days).So have never used an immigration office to get an extension.This time about 3 weeks ago I entered on just the 30 days stamp.I visited Jomtien immigration when they next available opened (closed for the weekend) and informed them where I was staying and would like an extension near the end of my 30 days.They noted this and put in my passport a small slip of paper with immigration stamp on it called”receipt of notification”.

They also gave me form I have seen others use for the extension TM7 and another form titled “ notification form for house master where alien has been staying”

Does everybody have this other form.Looks like it needs to be filled in by the hotel I am staying at?

AE2F7568-5CCD-4A0F-B916-104454ADB496.thumb.jpeg.8d7055307ad86ef1c95f493a444d56ad.jpeg

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The hotel where you stay probably did a TM30 for you, but they usually do this online and don't use this paper form.

I'm wondering if the hotel didn't do this which is why they issued the form....

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why. 

He entered on 30 day stamp.

His hotel should have filed a TM30.

The correct answer is first reply. 

Sure they should, but what´s is the danger in filling it in? Why is there always so much problems with everything? They gave it to him, out of the reason he should fill it in. It´s just to do it. What is the harm? Losing 5 minute of valuable life time?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

They most likely gave it to him, so that he can give it to his landlord to fill in.

OP said already that he stays in a hotel, so he can't do the TM30 himself.

Ok, but as far as I know, the immigration officers speak English, so if like that they most probably told him. If not, I would be a great time to ask while there. 

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but as far as I know, the immigration officers speak English, so if like that they most probably told him. If not, I would be a great time to ask while there. 

Thanks for all the replies.

It was my first time in an immigration office and I went to the Jomtien one.That was on a Monday as the next available opening day since I landed.Large queue outside and the room I was in was full all seats taken and people standing.Having to speak through plexiglass not so easy to hear what officer saying.She just put some forms in my hand and said come back later in under a month.I didn’t look at them and never seen the forms before so assumed they were all just for me to fill in.

After my query here and the feed back given I asked at reception and they have given me  a Tm 30 form all filled in so should be all ok now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, billsmart said:

Why? Because Thai Immigrations wants you to. When you've been in Thailand a little longer, you'll realize asking "Why?" is a waste of time. Just do it.

As stated above. 

The OP is staying hotel.

His hotel should and can do a TM30.

BTW ...I have lived in Thailand for 10 years, granted same condo address and

I have NEVER done a TM30 nor has my condo owner. 

I deal with CW. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

Why? Because Thai Immigrations wants you to. When you've been in Thailand a little longer, you'll realize asking "Why?" is a waste of time. Just do it.

Bill, this poor 'newbie' to Thailand has this lesson to learn from Tennyson.

"Theirs not to question, why?, Theirs but to do and die." JFDI ????

Hope you're keeping well?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As stated above. 

The OP is staying hotel.

His hotel should and can do a TM30.

BTW ...I have lived in Thailand for 10 years, granted same condo address and

I have NEVER done a TM30 nor has my condo owner. 

I deal with CW. 

My point is not whether YOU or HE think he should fill out the form. All that makes no difference. If Thai Immigrations wants you to fill out a form, any form, you either do it or ask "Why?", and then suffer the consequences.

And, BTW, I've lived in Thailand for 20 years and gave up asking "Why?" many years ago.

3 hours ago, AjarnMartin said:

Bill, this poor 'newbie' to Thailand has this lesson to learn from Tennyson.

"Theirs not to question, why?, Theirs but to do and die." JFDI ????

Hope you're keeping well?

Maybe not "do and die," but "do or suffer, " for sure! ????

I'm doing fine, but don't ask me "Why?"! ????

18 minutes ago, billsmart said:

. If Thai Immigrations wants you to fill out a form, any form, you either do it or ask "Why?", and then suffer the consequences.

You have completely taken my post out of context. 

(nothing unusual)

The "Why" was referring to why does the OP need to fill out the TM30.

Read the op carefully.

He travels to Thailand on tourist visas. 

I suggested he approach his hotel to make the TM30 as they should.

In fact think in a later post he actually did this and the hotel filled it in and no doubt supplied the other required photocopies.

26 minutes ago, billsmart said:

If Thai Immigrations wants you to fill out a form, any form, you either do it or ask "Why?", and then suffer the consequences

You assume because io handed him a blank TM30 that they want him to fill it out 

It was probably document check person.

Yes they require a TM30.

That happens to be responsibility of hotel where he is staying. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have completely taken my post out of context. 

(nothing unusual)

The "Why" was referring to why does the OP need to fill out the TM30.

Read the op carefully.

He travels to Thailand on tourist visas. 

I suggested he approach his hotel to make the TM30 as they should.

In fact think in a later post he actually did this and the hotel filled it in and no doubt supplied the other required photocopies.

I don't think I took your post out of context, but I may have. I don't know how my first response, however, could have been taken out of context. My point was, if Immigrations tells you to do something, do it. Don't ask why, or if you do, be ready to suffer some consequences. 

I think the problem with the original poster and a lot of people ("Farangs," like me) in Thailand is they do look for some context, some understandable reason for how things are done here. I've decided that is useless. There isn't a "valid reason" this person should have to fill out that form, and, in fact, I'm sure you could find a lot of documentation to back up that claim. HOWEVER, even if you do, Immigrations (or any other Thai autohrity or even a person) may still require you to do it, or, like I said, face the consequences, which will often be much more difficult to take than just doing what they asked.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You assume because io handed him a blank TM30 that they want him to fill it out 

It was probably document check person.

Yes they require a TM30.

That happens to be responsibility of hotel where he is staying. 

I hope I'm taking your above remarks in context...

Yes, if someone in Immigrations hands you a blank form, they want you to fill it out - by hand using blue ink.
I don't know what a "document check person" is, but if they are working at Immigrations, that's good enough for me.
Yes, as of a couple of months ago, I know Thailand/Immigrations require a current TM30 to finalize a lot of their services. They required one from me to approve my one-year stay extension. I showed them the one I filled out onlinw (for my wife) that shows me staying in our house. It's about three years old.
Yes, filing a TM30 is the responsibility of the owner of the residence, but if THEY don't do it, it's YOUR paperwork that Immigration will hold up. You can't just stand in front of the Immigration officer and claim that the fact of you not having a filled-out and registered TM30 is not your fault. That doesn't matter. So asking "Why?" you should fill one out for the hotel is useless. Just do it, or at least take it to the hotel and have them do it or at least verify it has been done. You're the one who'll suffer if it hasn't been done.
That's my point.