Let's talk strains..

The "Cheapest bud" thread is great information  but as a topic it's only headed in one direction..

ever cheaper as market forces bite.

Let's talk about some of the premium strains we've sampled since Legalization. My list follows..

Ice Cream Cake

Golden Tiger

Gorilla

White Widow

Colt 45

Purple Kush

Gelato 45

Skunk XL

Chronic

Something Sherbet

Biscotti

Sugar Something Punch

Poison Dream

All good of course, but winners and losers. More details later, don't want to write a book.

Winner   Biscotti

Loser   Chronic

Edited by bobbin

Critical Orange Punch was the best I've smoked.

Very vivid dreams on the border between wake and sleep.

Lemon Kush was about the least effective.

Didn't do anything for my arthritis.

Brick 69 or (R9) is as good as anything, at 3kbht/Kg (I paid 450bht for 100gm).

A little harsh on the throat, but does the full job.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

Critical Orange Punch was the best I've smoked.

Very vivid dreams on the border between wake and sleep.

Lemon Kush was about the least effective.

Didn't do anything for my arthritis.

Brick 69 or (R9) is as good as anything, at 3kbht/Kg (I paid 450bht for 100gm).

Good on the first 2 but let's try to keep the cheap bud out of it..

• Sad 1

To flesh out the topic beyond my shopping list..

First I'm inhaling the bud aroma

( yeah, like those snobby wine guys)

Next I'm checking out the bud density and moisture levels while I'm ripping it up..

(Some on my list were wetter than they should have been..good for the producer, not so much for the consumer. Mould risk as well)

Then I'm inhaling before applying fire. Good taste feedback.

Then how well it burns.. related mostly to moisture levels.

Finally, the Buzz. How hard does it hit?

• Like 1

@bobbin , i don't smoke anymore , but i smelled a few jars the other week . by far the nicest one was gorilla glue. it had that aroma of the skunk we use to get in amsterdam in the early 90s , i forget its name , possibly northern lights . 

any other strains have a similar profile to GG and what did you think of it ?

thanks

I haven't had a chance to sample Gorilla Glue. The Gorilla I bought was wetter than it should have been.. Rushing to market.. I had to dry the buds for 8 hours more because I detected a faint whiff of mould after 1 week.

Not good for the smell and taste but still works well.

I'm only continuing to smoke it because I caught it very early and I bought 5 grams of it!

17 hours ago, bobbin said:

I haven't had a chance to sample Gorilla Glue. The Gorilla I bought was wetter than it should have been.. Rushing to market.. I had to dry the buds for 8 hours more because I detected a faint whiff of mould after 1 week.

Not good for the smell and taste but still works well.

I'm only continuing to smoke it because I caught it very early and I bought 5 grams of it!

I think proper drying and curing processes are not being followed by a lot of sellers here. As you said rush to market.  

I've seen quite a few reports of sellers using herb dryers and ovens as well as reports of poor trimming and packaging.

It's Thailand so three wheels on my wagon as usual. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I think proper drying and curing processes are not being followed by a lot of sellers here. As you said rush to market.  

I've seen quite a few reports of sellers using herb dryers and ovens as well as reports of poor trimming and packaging.

It's Thailand so three wheels on my wagon as usual. 

Yes.. in the first wave of (natural) euphoria post -legalization I just said "give me some of that..and that"

Now, after a couple of the varieties being too wet, I intend to be more critical..

A lot of talk about American imports. Some of which I have purchased. Colt 45, Biscotti. These are well-cured, dense buds.. From @WorldWideWeed in Pattaya. More shopping opportunities in Bangkok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

A lot of talk about American imports.

Yeah, saw these pop up over the last week or so, after hearing rumors of shops being approached.

I did come close to purchasing an eighth yesterday, 2,550, but there were no Sativa options; all hybrid or indica. And I am reticent to appear to not be supporting Thai growers.

I'm not sure how "legal" this is? In the U.S., most states have seed-to-sale tracking making it nearly impossible for even grams to "fall off the truck".

And I'm not sure if it's legal to import cannabis into Thailand? It may be that it is currently "not illegal"?

From an article on the first reading of the Cannabis Control Act: "Currently, only imports of cannabis for medical purposes, research and for official use will be permitted." "Official use"? Hmm.

I'm often surprised at the number of cartridges/disposables, from the U.S., available here, 1 gram at 2,600, and those are obviously illegal.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Yeah, saw these pop up over the last week or so, after hearing rumors of shops being approached.

I did come close to purchasing an eighth yesterday, 2,550, but there were no Sativa options; all hybrid or indica. And I am reticent to appear to not be supporting Thai growers.

I'm not sure how "legal" this is? In the U.S., most states have seed-to-sale tracking making it nearly impossible for even grams to "fall off the truck".

And I'm not sure if it's legal to import cannabis into Thailand? It may be that it is currently "not illegal"?

From an article on the first reading of the Cannabis Control Act: "Currently, only imports of cannabis for medical purposes, research and for official use will be permitted." "Official use"? Hmm.

I'm often surprised at the number of cartridges/disposables, from the U.S., available here, 1 gram at 2,600, and those are obviously illegal.

The wheels fall off when Customs cotton on and want their cut. 

On 7/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, bamnutsak said:

It would help if you, and others who contribute, can tell us where they purchased, and details known on the genetics and if sativa, hybrid or indica.

Thanks for starting this thread.

My top 3, I've sampled ~ 12 different strains, from ~ 7 different sources.

Girl Scout Cookies, The Dispensary at Taratera, Indica dominant. Classic cookies style.

Super Lemon Haze, The Dispensary at Taratera, Sativa-dominant.

Pineapple Express, The Dispensary at Taratera, Sativa-dominant.

Honorable Mention: Banana Hammock, Chopaka. Indica dominant.

I've been unable to get details on genetics on much of anything from the bigger dispensaries. When dealing directly with a grower they do share that info.

I try to source Sativas, but these are only ~ 25-ish % of the market, and sell out quickly.

IMLE, Taratera has the best product, so far. Pefectly cured.

I use a dry herb vaporizer exclusively, so nothing gets burned.

Are you buying from Taratera at their Sathorn area shop?

22 minutes ago, nightbird said:

Are you buying from Taratera at their Sathorn area shop?

Yes, I was until they closed and went to an all-online (LINE - Click to order) sales model.

https://shop.line.me/@thedispensary.th

I was under the impression that they might open a shop in another location, but maybe they want to see what "controls" might be implemented before commiting to a prime space?

It's definitely a buyer's market. Quite a few, like dozens new each day, options, especially in the ~ 400 baht/gram (for 3.5 - 5 gram purchases) space.

Way too much to choose from so now it's about finding a few reliable sources who can hopefully continue to grow and deliver premium product.

In my home state in the U.S. an eighth is $60, plus 20% tax, $72. So prices here are reasonable for me.

Even the cartridges and disposables are not too pricey here, certainly more than mail order in the U.S.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes, I was until they closed and went to an all-online (LINE - Click to order) sales model.

I was under the impression that they might open a shop in another location, but maybe they want to see what "controls" might be implemented before commiting to a prime space?

It's definitely a buyer's market. Quite a few, like dozens new each day, options, especially in the ~ 400 baht/gram (for 3.5 - 5 gram purchases) space.

Way too much to choose from so now it's about finding a few reliable sources who can hopefully continue to grow and deliver premium product.

In my home state in the U.S. an eighth is $60, plus 20% tax, $72. So prices here are reasonable for me.

Even the cartridges and disposables are not too pricey here, certainly more than mail order in the U.S.

Thanks for the link to the dispensary. I had emailed them some time ago but never got a response. 

I haven't been in the US for more than 15 years but online prices seem lower than here for the same strains. Taratera, Prikpot, are very convenient but very pricey. Better pricing for 3g orders.

On 7/17/2022 at 3:39 PM, bamnutsak said:

It would help if you, and others who contribute, can tell us where they purchased, and details known on the genetics and if sativa, hybrid or indica.

Thanks for starting this thread.

My top 3, I've sampled ~ 12 different strains, from ~ 7 different sources.

Girl Scout Cookies, The Dispensary at Taratera, Indica dominant. Classic cookies style.

Super Lemon Haze, The Dispensary at Taratera, Sativa-dominant.

Pineapple Express, The Dispensary at Taratera, Sativa-dominant.

Honorable Mention: Banana Hammock, Chopaka. Indica dominant.

I've been unable to get details on genetics on much of anything from the bigger dispensaries. When dealing directly with a grower they do share that info.

I try to source Sativas, but these are only ~ 25-ish % of the market, and sell out quickly.

IMLE, Taratera has the best product, so far. Pefectly cured.

If you like Sativa dominant strains, I can highly recommend Amnesia Haze, sold on the lineapp by Sticky Thai. 350THB. He's up in Lopburi. Overnight to bkk. A super clear high enhancing smell and taste for me. I use a Dynavap mechanical vape. This stuff is cured very well.

5 minutes ago, nightbird said:

If you like Sativa dominant strains, I can highly recommend Amnesia Haze, sold on the lineapp by Sticky Thai. 350THB. He's up in Lopburi. Overnight to bkk. A super clear high enhancing smell and taste for me. I use a Dynavap mechanical vape. This stuff is cured very well.

Looks like Stick Thai has sold out of the Amnesia Haze.

19 minutes ago, nightbird said:

Can you post photos of your purchase?

Also, anything to help me find this supplier? LINE Shopping? LINE? I see a few Amnesia Haze: High Station OG Farm, Highway-OG, Highsenberg.

25 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Can you post photos of your purchase?

Also, anything to help me find this supplier? LINE Shopping? LINE? I see a few Amnesia Haze: High Station OG Farm, Highway-OG, Highsenberg.

the supplier is on Line app under official accounts, Sticky Thai.

Amnesia Haze.jpg

So.. the Colt 45 has been the best and strongest flavour so far, out of the approximately 12 strains I've bought.. Wonderful. Unfortunately the hit didn't live up to the flavour blast. Perfectly acceptable but it seemed to promise more. I'd buy again..

Biscotti was an excellent balance of flavour and a really good hit. Definitely buy again.

As I noted above though, I intend to scope out the merchandise more closely from now on. Two purchases were too wet. Unfortunately, one of them, Gorilla, I bought 5 grams.

• Like 1

I've noticed some coalescence around a very informal four-tier rating system here, with terms like Exotic, Top-Shelf, Mid-Tier and "Reggie" (not sure where that comes from?).

It's definitely the wild-west so finding a reliable grower/wholesaler is important. I'm negotiating with a grower to grow specific genetics.

And there appears to be boatloads of imported cannabis from the U.S. I saw one sale of 50 Kilos, which would be ~ $440,000 retail (pound price). I've got to think that will cause MAJOR issues as there is little to no local economic benefit.

Lastly I've been bargain shopping so look for sale items from those I purchased from previously. I bought an item that had been 600, reduced to 400, then reduced to 250. I would have paid 550 for its quality.

294913079_599120218453973_7186845770124887131_n.jpg

• Like 2

Another classification sytstem...Economy, Premium, Supreme. So similar to the above withe the bottom-most category left off.

Preice brackets seem reasonable/competitive.

Nice to see the Indoor, Outdoor and Greenhouse labels.

(They seem to have copied the Cookies brand logo/colors.)

strainz.jpg

7 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Another classification sytstem...Economy, Premium, Supreme. So similar to the above withe the bottom-most category left off.

Preice brackets seem reasonable/competitive.

Nice to see the Indoor, Outdoor and Greenhouse labels.

(They seem to have copied the Cookies brand logo/colors.)

strainz.jpg

They're some silly A$$ prices.  Seems to go with every product, and anything about the 'economy' level, isn't much of an upgrade for the added cost.  Even the 'economy' on that list is way overpriced.

Economy is 15-20% THC, and the rest is 18-30%, maybe, all of 50% at best better, but 10X the price (elsewhere) and 3X the price on that list.

Not getting a whole lot more for your money.  Just look at me & bragging rights.  Fine if it makes you feel better.

Sort of like buying anything.  You can spend 1 mill baht or less for an engine & 4 wheels or 10 million baht.  They both get you from point A to B.

• Like 1

I got a couple of import strains to try:

Tom Kush

Gorilla Glue

Both are indica dominant. 600 each because I bought in new shop, but I think the OG Kush on ThaiGreenLab might be similar to one and it's 450.

Get them to see how they compare to the Thai strain I bought online.

Only tried the Tom Kush so far, the high is amazing and i'll get regularly.

IMG_0014.JPG

Edited by onebaht

On 7/20/2022 at 10:01 AM, bamnutsak said:

This is my first legal purchase in WA. the first was on the Indian Reversion

as you leave Bainbridge Is. The second was in the town I was staying in last week short trip to the U$. The $45. 1/8 of Chocolope was not bad.

rice555

810375724_CheckBin.jpg.74b62d3039de3e9cd0955d7ceee347d8.jpg1812041581_45-18th.thumb.jpg.cb61c1f08879670e8ab89880612ee100.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.f9165bd5b9eba911acb30ee81bc6aa7a.jpeg

On 7/17/2022 at 1:39 AM, bamnutsak said:

I am assuming you can buy those in Thailand yes?  I don't want to smoke anything.  I prefer vape oil cartridges (no fuss, no mess, little or no smell, precise THC/CBD content on the label) but since that is not technically legal in Thailand then a dry herb vaporizer is the next best thing. 

From what I have read, vaporizing is much much better for your lungs because it's not heated up to ignition, so no burning and therefore no smoke goes in your lungs.

Edited by shdmn