Let's talk strains..

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, bobbin said:

Yes.. in the first wave of (natural) euphoria post -legalization I just said "give me some of that..and that"

Now, after a couple of the varieties being too wet, I intend to be more critical..

A lot of talk about American imports. Some of which I have purchased. Colt 45, Biscotti. These are well-cured, dense buds.. From @WorldWideWeed in Pattaya. More shopping opportunities in Bangkok.

I don't think cannabis export from US and/or import to Thailand is allowed, so I think everything is domestically grown.   They probably imported those seeds.  

Edited by shdmn

2 hours ago, shdmn said:

I don't think cannabis export from US and/or import to Thailand is allowed, so I think everything is domestically grown.   They probably imported those seeds.  

Yes, illegal to export from the U.S. Import into Thailand may be possible if following allt he regulations. The chap who got clipped yesterday at Suvarnabhumi (9.5 Kg/21 pounds) had the package labelled "Christmas Decorations".

Yes, most of the quality cannabis here is domestically grown using imported seedstocks.

But there is quite a large amount of Cannabis illegally imported from the U.S. being sold here. Mostly from California and Washington state. I've seen a dozen + brands here (Cookies, Connected Cannabis, Stiizy), and it is marketed as "imported" with per gram prices in the 650 - 900 range. I assume cohorts in the U.S are legally buying pounds, say from Cookies ($4,000 plus CA taxes which are ~ 17-ish %), then air-freighting those to Thailand.

There is a glut in the U.S. and a pent-up demand market here, able to resell ultra-high quality flower.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Yes, illegal to export from the U.S. Import into Thailand may be possible if following allt he regulations. The chap who got clipped yesterday at Suvarnabhumi (9.5 Kg/21 pounds) had the package labelled "Christmas Decorations".

Yes, most of the quality cannabis here is domestically grown using imported seedstocks.

But there is quite a large amount of Cannabis illegally imported from the U.S. being sold here. Mostly from California and Washington state. I've seen a dozen + brands here (Cookies, Connected Cannabis, Stiizy), and it is marketed as "imported" with per gram prices in the 650 - 900 range. I assume cohorts in the U.S are legally buying pounds, say from Cookies ($4,000 plus CA taxes which are ~ 17-ish %), then air-freighting those to Thailand.

There is a glut in the U.S. and a pent-up demand market here, able to resell ultra-high quality flower.

Imported probably just means the seeds are imported.  Unless it says "grown in the US" or something like that.  Exporting cannabis from the US is highly illegal as far as I know and I doubt Thai authorities will take kindly to undeclared imported stuff (if it's even possible to import legally) competing with domestic growers.  They have a history of cracking down hard on stuff like that.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Unless it says "grown in the US" or something like that. 

I have physically examined several in person, and viewed a lot via LINE stores. They are in original packaging, with valid control codes, and California triangle. A package was intercepted yesterday at Suvarnabhumi. So just stop.

These importing efforts are being managed by powerful groups/people. You can even find vape carts/disposables from the U.S.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I have physically examined several in person, and viewed a lot via LINE stores. They are in original packaging, with valid control codes, and California triangle. A package was intercepted yesterday at Suvarnabhumi. So just stop.

These importing efforts are being managed by powerful groups/people. You can even find vape carts/disposables from the U.S.

If they are 'intercepting' them at the airport what does that tell you?  I'll wait for you to connect the dots.  Must be all that pot you're smoking.

Edited by shdmn

On 7/23/2022 at 8:05 PM, onebaht said:

I got a couple of import strains to try:

Tom Kush

Gorilla Glue

Both are indica dominant. 600 each because I bought in new shop, but I think the OG Kush on ThaiGreenLab might be similar to one and it's 450.

Get them to see how they compare to the Thai strain I bought online.

Only tried the Tom Kush so far, the high is amazing and i'll get regularly.

IMG_0014.JPG

i doubt very much these are import nugs. the bud in these pics is pretty low quality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stoner said:

i doubt very much these are import nugs. the bud in these pics is pretty low quality. 

Gorilla Glue is grown outside in Thailand.

199bht for 50 (mixed sex) seeds on FB.

seeds.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Gorilla Glue is grown outside in Thailand.

199bht for 50 (mixed sex) seeds on FB.

seeds.jpg

i figured they meant import when they said import strains. almost everything is an import strain here barring a few local landrace.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:43 PM, stoner said:

i figured they meant import when they said import strains. almost everything is an import strain here barring a few local landrace.

Yes, it's mostly imported strains as far as I can tell, not actual imported cannabis unless it's black market.  Why would they even bother doing that when Thailand has the ideal climate and low labor rates to grow it cheaply in Thailand without the need for expensive hydroponics and lights?

A lot of strains prefer low humidity so only some strains would grow well in Thailand.  Same strains they grow in Florida I suppose.

Afghan Kush

Blue Dream
Northern Lights
Zkittlez
White Widow
Blue Cheese
Banana Kush
Gorilla Glue
Girl Scout
Durban Poison

https://thegardeningdad.com/best-marijuana-strains-to-grow-in-florida/

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

Same strains they grow in Florida I suppose.

Not exactly. There are HUGE differences. Daylight is the major one. Now Jamaica might be more lattitudenly appropriate?

80% of the quality consumer Cannabis in the U.S. is grown indoors.

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is it possible to get old  fashioned  style Thai sticks?

Different people have different "memories" of Thai sticks, but if you want dirt weed wrapped around a stick, then soaked in bilge water and diesel fuel (from smuggling), then no, you cannot.

You can look for Thai landrace strains, which some are being grown here. Or you could look for Sativa-dominant strains, many have Thai genetics. I'd suggest a Sativa would be replicate that Thai stick feeling.

Most of locally grown quality cannabis is grown indoors, and from imported seeds. Indoor grown comands a significant price over outdoor.

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

not actual imported cannabis unless it's black market.  Why would they even bother doing that when Thailand has the ideal climate and low labor rates to grow it cheaply in Thailand without the need for expensive hydroponics and lights?

They bother to do it to make money. Many, many shops and online stores are selling Cannabis imported from the U.S.

Thailand does not have the "ideal climate" to grow cannabis.

The labor rate is not really a factor until maybe harvest, trimming and curing.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, stoner said:

who was the seller ? 

Since I bought the Gorilla in the first week of de-regulation, I don't think it's fair or relevant who was the seller.. Rush to market.. It's on me. I didn't have to buy.

But in the near future I don't think it's a major problem. It's not in the wholesalers' interest to buy when too wet. They are paying more for water content and exposing themselves and customers to potential loss of product due to mold. The producers also face this risk if they don't offload quickly.

Personally I would give a try to a fast and strong automatic for outdoor, maybe green gelato automatic, I did always avoid the outmatic as indoor can easily force the flowering for fotoperiod, but outdoor I will not have that kind of control over the lighting, I was thinking at some automatic pros like fast(might be ready in just 2 months from seed) and so less risk over a 4-6 months photoperiod, the buds get fatter just last 2 weeks so I can easily control to let that happen during the dried season, smaller size is suitable to be easily be protected by a fine screen for pests and something goes wrong you can loose a maximum of 2 months and so you can start over again

• Like 2

12 hours ago, indyo said:

Personally I would give a try to a fast and strong automatic for outdoor

Sorry for taking us even more far afield here...

I think that you will be greatly disappointed with an autoflower outdoors here.

Autos' lifecycle is determined by time (and genetics of course, esp. the % Ruderalis) and not not light-cycle(s). Most go from seed to harvest 11/12 weeks. Most are grown indoors, with a 20/4 cycle for the full grow.

Yes, you can grow an auto outdoors here.

https://growdiaries.com/explore?q_strain[]=7214

https://growdiaries.com/explore?q_strain[]=7214&tags=outdoor

• Like 1

See the pic for the strains I've been through...

First thoughts are where has all this come from so quickly? Been following the argument above and tbh it seems some must be imported for it all to be so abundant...but then again maybe the big growers got an early word which I can also believe.

Some of the products are tasteless and odourless, but have otherwise great bag appeal and are as strong as they claim - quick drying? Some products still not fully dry never mind cured. Maybe this supports the locally grown hypothesis. 

I'm using Line almost entirely now as I can't be bothered to go to a dispensery now the novelty is over. 

Fave purchased strains?

Cinderella (has the potential to be similar to C99)

Papaya punch (lovely cirrus quality, like the old Agent Orange which is kill for)

Strawberry banana and laughing Buddha also recommend.

Hope the end isn't nigh for this style of purchasing but I'm not hopeful. Won't be the end of world, got my grow back on ????

20220802_103406.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Any chance you share photos outside the bag?

And the price(s)?   Can see on the website.

All from the same source Thai Cannabis Club?

https://thaicannabisclub.com/en

outside of the bag? Like my condo? Lol. Um nothing left in the bags for most of them but as I say above they are all the real deal bar any curing for most of them. 

Is someone experienced in smoking hybrid Sativa/Indica?

I haven't smoked weed for years, but recently, I bought high THC Sativa flowers in Barcelona (don't remember name, one was Nigerian something and the other had small buds, the effect rather similar). With only a small joint, It was very energizing, I never felt tired after a few hours and had a rather clear mind. I even sometimes found it difficult to just sit and always wanted to be on the move. However, I found it even a bit too energizing and even a bit stressing.

I also did not feel much euphoria or feeling of well-being. It seems to be rather an Indica effect but I don't want Indica as I smoke mainly to go out in music bars, such as Hillary in Bangkok or Candyshop in Pattaya, dance a bit, have fun, go to Gogo bars for a while etc... not to fall asleep on a kush.

Hybrids may be a solution, but I am lost between all the different strains sold in Thailand. I started to read about it, and noticed strains such as Laughing Buddha or Runtz. Any experience or advices?

Edited by candide

5 hours ago, candide said:

Is someone experienced in smoking hybrid Sativa/Indica?

I haven't smoked weed for years, but recently, I bought high THC Sativa flowers in Barcelona (don't remember name, one was Nigerian something and the other had small buds, the effect rather similar). With only a small joint, It was very energizing, I never felt tired after a few hours and had a rather clear mind. I even sometimes found it difficult to just sit and always wanted to be on the move. However, I found it even a bit too energizing and even a bit stressing.

I also did not feel much euphoria or feeling of well-being. It seems to be rather an Indica effect but I don't want Indica as I smoke mainly to go out in music bars, such as Hillary in Bangkok or Candyshop in Pattaya, dance a bit, have fun, go to Gogo bars for a while etc... not to fall asleep on a kush.

Hybrids may be a solution, but I am lost between all the different strains sold in Thailand. I started to read about it, and noticed strains such as Laughing Buddha or Runtz. Any experience or advices?

I'm like you kind of a born again weed poetaster/diletant if you will. I will go at length here about you question and related tangents because i like to write but if you don;t want to  read all of my <deleted>, I'll cut to the chase here and say in a word that I would recommend the Thai landrace strains that Green Grow is selling online for home delivery to everywhere,  this is some of the best pot and cheapest i've had in some time. It doesn't taste or look good at all  it smokes a bit raspy and the Thai stick regular (not the squirrel tail is a bit damp but it seems to have dried out a bit more or o got to  section of it that is drier, but its all still smokeable but the effects i think are dynamite. I used to smoke back in the day when it was tough to get exposure to many different strains growing locales etc but I was in Northern and Southern California and it was always my impression that certain 1/8ths that I got were Indica/Sativa mixes and other times I was told by the dealers who were often just other college kids trying to make rent money not really proper gangsta dealers or what have you that "I got the kind Indica, or I got the skunk, 30 bucks an 1/8!"  I recall skunk was said to be a hybrid and that was very widely available in northern California during the 80's. As I recall there was really not much of anything else unless you were really hooked in with the drug elites and then I'm sure you could get all kinds of exotic stuff but i was one of the nerds and turds as they used to call us. But I can say i like the thai stick and squirrel tail muc more than any of the sins bud. These are pretty much pure sativas, so id on't know maybe you would have wired effect, i don't hink so though I thinks its worth giving them a shot and they are only 169 and 179 per gram so its not much to try it out. I really don;t have any interest in the other stuff any more given the high price. I' like to grow them but looks like this is all getting shut down and I'm not about to do any of it if it means getting sent to prison and they will do that to me, not to you bmaybe because you might kiss up enough to save yourself i won't.

I'm quite ADHD so speedy things, meth and dexedrine and the like always made me a bit calm, focused  and sleepy  and calming things like pot wired me up for a good 5-6 hours usually and still do. That said some rather bad pot like the badly cured Colombian that was all you could get in Los Angeles for months at a time in the 70's had a heavy grogginess effect on me, probably some bad pesticides and weed killers in the mix with that stuff not to mention mold and it just generally being stale old <deleted> mixed with dirt and i once got a few rusty nails in my bag, haha and seeds galore.  Anyway, I had my best pot experiences with skunk, I liked to write or just take very vivid day dream journeys in my room after work and by the time I was 22 or so I worked it out that i did not like hanging out with other people when stoned that much, I felt judged and looked down on by most others when getting stoned with them which may actually have been insightful as much as it was a bit of paranoia though at the time i felt it was just sheer paranoia and i began to dislike smoking pot and i quit for decades with no interest at all in smoking even though most of my friends back home smoke at least some. I understand better now what  a lot of the people i used to hang with are like and they were mostly not very cool or kind people, things go down and you see how people really are when it gets down to it and you realize you weren't being paranoid after all that some of your best friends end up being just utterly fecked selfish people. But some of it was a bit of paranoia the weed added and that was often skunk. We were involved as well with music, being in bands and all of that so there was a lot of activity my own and my stoner buddies so skunk the indica sativa hybrid definitely even for non-ADHD types was not couch lock stuff by any stretch. So I think it would be a likely fit for what you are saying you're after, not couch lock stuff and definitely not some wirey weird stuff from Nigeria. I have never experienced pot as you describe, that Nigerian bud, though I have read that there are some African strains that can have quite a nasty effect and as many excellent ones too like Durban Poison and Malawi. There's a chapter in the book Phikal or it might be his other book Thikal by the great psychedelic drug inventor and chemist Sasha Shulgin where he and his wife smoke some Congolese strain at a fellow collegaue's party and they are thrown into some hellish experience with really terrible amnesia and confusion and some other things.  And that is coming from a guy who experimented on himself by ingesting probably 1000's of different chemical compounds over many decades some of them quite bizarre and unpleasant. Shulgin came out of his experience with Congolese pot  feeling like he never wanted to try any kind of pot again as long as he lived, that the experience was the worst and most terrifying drug experience he'd ever had, so it would seem there are some weird strains out there though of course they are rare. I really wonder if he didn't get dosed with something, the description really has you wondering, it doesn't sound at all like he smoked weed all by itself, like they did to him what they used to do to us all the time in LA in the 70's  the LA pigs and the narcs and all the creeps we have in America spiking the pot with <deleted> back in the day, even sending some people  I knew into the loony bin with PCP in their pot , I know I got bonked over the head with that once and maybe another time  and most people growing up back then who smoked got dosed with a gust of dust. You had to pay your dues if you wanted to smoke back then thats for sure.

As for now and here, for what  might work for you, I have bought a gram here and a gram there of a few different things since this sort-of legalization or whatever it is  kicked off in Thailand. I was really drawn in by the relatively cheap price of local landrace strains and most interested to start there. I always heard back in the day about how amazing Thai stick was and only once got ahold of something that turned out to be nothing special and indeed by 1978 when i remember i had it, that Thai stick thing was pretty much over with. So i went with that last month intrigued to finally maybe try a decent thai strain and bought some of that last month and  I am really impresssed by the two strains of Thai pot i got from the online Green Grow shop  in terms of the effects, they are very pleasant and light if I just have a few hits or psychedelic as hell in a good way  if I have a few more hits. I'm really happy that I can just have a nice mood booster or go into outer space if i like. 4 hits of the regular Thai stick  after a few glasses of cheap red wine and a few stiff glasses of Sang Som Thai Rum on the rocks later on, and i can go on a serious journey listening to Anthony Braxton records or Sun Ra or latter day Miles Davis, the 70's evil funk period stuff and you are fully interdimensional with that combo running. Or a few puffs of the squirrel tail with out any booze and I feel very social and completely ungrumpy about my wife's often irritating challenging remarks, nagging etc. I just feel happy to be with her and she makes me laugh rather than my saying, "What are you talking about..." or "What?!" all the time. Comparing it to the skunk the squirrel tail is very etherial, focus bringing and not as sedating but yet I do not feel wired and also it is very strongly a mood booster and i kjust simply feel happy and smile which is not normal for me and I feel no grogginess or heaviness the next day as i used to always feel with any kind of pot back in the day in California even the nice skunk bud we had. I also got some Wedding cake and Alien OG too though tjose are sai to be more  indica and those seemed more like Cali sins bud to me but because they were so expensive I am taking my time with them and the jury is out though I have t say  I am not particularly impressed with either so far, they don't smell or taste like any great shakes there is no cake flavor its rather run of the mill earthiness. The thai stick and squirrel tail both just really agrees with my constitution it s really a shame that this coming crashing down in Thailand, I dont think that we are going to get to have legal recreational pot, this country is way too authoritarian, puritanical and conservative, it never made any sense to me at all that the legalization of pot was happening, then it seemed to be happening and then not and it would seem it would  not be very soon. It is so disappointing. Thy're all down in Thailand with just being turned into robots attached phones, they don't want to go back to the past a Thailand as part of the greater Hindu Kush where weed is native and played such a central and positive role in so many south asian civilizations as we all know they don't even care about being Buddhists in thailand anymore so they dang sure ain't gonna go back to hemp and cannabis.

Edited by Gilligan In Drag
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gilligan In Drag said:

I'm like you kind of a born again weed poetaster/diletant if you will. I will go at length here about you question and related tangents because i like to write but if you don;t want to  read all of my <deleted>, I'll cut to the chase here and say in a word that I would recommend the Thai landrace strains that Green Grow is selling online for home delivery to everywhere,  this is some of the best pot and cheapest i've had in some time. It doesn't taste or look good at all  it smokes a bit raspy and the Thai stick regular (not the squirrel tail is a bit damp but it seems to have dried out a bit more or o got to  section of it that is drier, but its all still smokeable but the effects i think are dynamite. I used to smoke back in the day when it was tough to get exposure to many different strains growing locales etc but I was in Northern and Southern California and it was always my impression that certain 1/8ths that I got were Indica/Sativa mixes and other times I was told by the dealers who were often just other college kids trying to make rent money not really proper gangsta dealers or what have you that "I got the kind Indica, or I got the skunk, 30 bucks an 1/8!"  I recall skunk was said to be a hybrid and that was very widely available in northern California during the 80's. As I recall there was really not much of anything else unless you were really hooked in with the drug elites and then I'm sure you could get all kinds of exotic stuff but i was one of the nerds and turds as they used to call us. But I can say i like the thai stick and squirrel tail muc more than any of the sins bud. These are pretty much pure sativas, so id on't know maybe you would have wired effect, i don't hink so though I thinks its worth giving them a shot and they are only 169 and 179 per gram so its not much to try it out. I really don;t have any interest in the other stuff any more given the high price. I' like to grow them but looks like this is all getting shut down and I'm not about to do any of it if it means getting sent to prison and they will do that to me, not to you bmaybe because you might kiss up enough to save yourself i won't.

I'm quite ADHD so speedy things, meth and dexedrine and the like always made me a bit calm, focused  and sleepy  and calming things like pot wired me up for a good 5-6 hours usually and still do. That said some rather bad pot like the badly cured Colombian that was all you could get in Los Angeles for months at a time in the 70's had a heavy grogginess effect on me, probably some bad pesticides and weed killers in the mix with that stuff not to mention mold and it just generally being stale old <deleted> mixed with dirt and i once got a few rusty nails in my bag, haha and seeds galore.  Anyway, I had my best pot experiences with skunk, I liked to write or just take very vivid day dream journeys in my room after work and by the time I was 22 or so I worked it out that i did not like hanging out with other people when stoned that much, I felt judged and looked down on by most others when getting stoned with them which may actually have been insightful as much as it was a bit of paranoia though at the time i felt it was just sheer paranoia and i began to dislike smoking pot and i quit for decades with no interest at all in smoking even though most of my friends back home smoke at least some. I understand better now what  a lot of the people i used to hang with are like and they were mostly not very cool or kind people, things go down and you see how people really are when it gets down to it and you realize you weren't being paranoid after all that some of your best friends end up being just utterly fecked selfish people. But some of it was a bit of paranoia the weed added and that was often skunk. We were involved as well with music, being in bands and all of that so there was a lot of activity my own and my stoner buddies so skunk the indica sativa hybrid definitely even for non-ADHD types was not couch lock stuff by any stretch. So I think it would be a likely fit for what you are saying you're after, not couch lock stuff and definitely not some wirey weird stuff from Nigeria. I have never experienced pot as you describe, that Nigerian bud, though I have read that there are some African strains that can have quite a nasty effect and as many excellent ones too like Durban Poison and Malawi. There's a chapter in the book Phikal or it might be his other book Thikal by the great psychedelic drug inventor and chemist Sasha Shulgin where he and his wife smoke some Congolese strain at a fellow collegaue's party and they are thrown into some hellish experience with really terrible amnesia and confusion and some other things.  And that is coming from a guy who experimented on himself by ingesting probably 1000's of different chemical compounds over many decades some of them quite bizarre and unpleasant. Shulgin came out of his experience with Congolese pot  feeling like he never wanted to try any kind of pot again as long as he lived, that the experience was the worst and most terrifying drug experience he'd ever had, so it would seem there are some weird strains out there though of course they are rare. I really wonder if he didn't get dosed with something, the description really has you wondering, it doesn't sound at all like he smoked weed all by itself, like they did to him what they used to do to us all the time in LA in the 70's  the LA pigs and the narcs and all the creeps we have in America spiking the pot with <deleted> back in the day, even sending some people  I knew into the loony bin with PCP in their pot , I know I got bonked over the head with that once and maybe another time  and most people growing up back then who smoked got dosed with a gust of dust. You had to pay your dues if you wanted to smoke back then thats for sure.

As for now and here, for what  might work for you, I have bought a gram here and a gram there of a few different things since this sort-of legalization or whatever it is  kicked off in Thailand. I was really drawn in by the relatively cheap price of local landrace strains and most interested to start there. I always heard back in the day about how amazing Thai stick was and only once got ahold of something that turned out to be nothing special and indeed by 1978 when i remember i had it, that Thai stick thing was pretty much over with. So i went with that last month intrigued to finally maybe try a decent thai strain and bought some of that last month and  I am really impresssed by the two strains of Thai pot i got from the online Green Grow shop  in terms of the effects, they are very pleasant and light if I just have a few hits or psychedelic as hell in a good way  if I have a few more hits. I'm really happy that I can just have a nice mood booster or go into outer space if i like. 4 hits of the regular Thai stick  after a few glasses of cheap red wine and a few stiff glasses of Sang Som Thai Rum on the rocks later on, and i can go on a serious journey listening to Anthony Braxton records or Sun Ra or latter day Miles Davis, the 70's evil funk period stuff and you are fully interdimensional with that combo running. Or a few puffs of the squirrel tail with out any booze and I feel very social and completely ungrumpy about my wife's often irritating challenging remarks, nagging etc. I just feel happy to be with her and she makes me laugh rather than my saying, "What are you talking about..." or "What?!" all the time. Comparing it to the skunk the squirrel tail is very etherial, focus bringing and not as sedating but yet I do not feel wired and also it is very strongly a mood booster and i kjust simply feel happy and smile which is not normal for me and I feel no grogginess or heaviness the next day as i used to always feel with any kind of pot back in the day in California even the nice skunk bud we had. I also got some Wedding cake and Alien OG too though tjose are sai to be more  indica and those seemed more like Cali sins bud to me but because they were so expensive I am taking my time with them and the jury is out though I have t say  I am not particularly impressed with either so far, they don't smell or taste like any great shakes there is no cake flavor its rather run of the mill earthiness. The thai stick and squirrel tail both just really agrees with my constitution it s really a shame that this coming crashing down in Thailand, I dont think that we are going to get to have legal recreational pot, this country is way too authoritarian, puritanical and conservative, it never made any sense to me at all that the legalization of pot was happening, then it seemed to be happening and then not and it would seem it would  not be very soon. It is so disappointing. Thy're all down in Thailand with just being turned into robots attached phones, they don't want to go back to the past a Thailand as part of the greater Hindu Kush where weed is native and played such a central and positive role in so many south asian civilizations as we all know they don't even care about being Buddhists in thailand anymore so they dang sure ain't gonna go back to hemp and cannabis.

Thanks for this nice story, I also remember the old days when I was smoking Thai weed, "fil rouge", etc... At the end, strong stuff started coming from Holland, but I got older and lost connections with Rasta people, which were my usual supply chain.

I am going back to Thailand next week, so eager to test new strains. I will try the cheaper Thai options, but I am not sure It's actually much cheaper. The premium stuff I bought in Spain was so strong, that I only needed to use a little bit. Three times more expensive but likely three times stronger. I guess it also depends if you are a social smoker who likes to share big joints with friends or not.

I think you want a Sativa-dominant strain (60/70 - 40/30) rather than a hybrid (45/55, 50/50) or an Indica-dominat strain.

Most retailers detail the strain make-up, and you can simply research strain names on your own with Google, "Is Banana Hammock sativa or indica", or just ask the retailer. Obviously it would be nice to know the strain you had in Barcelona.

https://www.leafly.com/strains/nigerian-silver

My working list:

Super Lemon Haze
Strawberry Cough
Lemon Haze
Super Silver Haze
https://www.leafly.com/strains/lists/category/sativa
1 – Green Crack. ...
2 – Durban Poison. ...
3 – Super Silver Haze. ...
4 – Sour Diesel. ...
5 – Tangie. ...
6 – Strawberry Cough. ...
7 – Blue Dream. ...
8 – Trainwreck.
9 – MAUI WOWIE
 10 – JACK HERER

Mandarin Cookies at WorldWideWeed in Pattaya? You asked about stores in Pattaya in another thread.

Edited by bamnutsak

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I think you want a Sativa-dominant strain (60/70 - 40/30) rather than a hybrid (45/55, 50/50) or an Indica-dominat strain.

Most retailers detail the strain make-up, and you can simply research strain names on your own with Google, "Is Banana Hammock sativa or indica", or just ask the retailer. Obviously it would be nice to know the strain you had in Barcelona.

https://www.leafly.com/strains/nigerian-silver

My working list:

Super Lemon Haze
Strawberry Cough
Lemon Haze
Super Silver Haze
https://www.leafly.com/strains/lists/category/sativa
1 – Green Crack. ...
2 – Durban Poison. ...
3 – Super Silver Haze. ...
4 – Sour Diesel. ...
5 – Tangie. ...
6 – Strawberry Cough. ...
7 – Blue Dream. ...
8 – Trainwreck.
9 – MAUI WOWIE
 10 – JACK HERER

Mandarin Cookies at WorldWideWeed in Pattaya? You asked about stores in Pattaya in another thread.

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you. 60/70% Sativa would be the most appropriate. Then It's a matter of choosing between the different strains! ????

6 hours ago, candide said:

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you. 60/70% Sativa would be the most appropriate. Then It's a matter of choosing between the different strains! ????

Destroyer is my choice. This has so far been the closest to original Thai Stick. It has a creeping up effect, different than stick which you would have an immediate effect. This 100% Sativa strain is a cross of Meao Thai and an early and stable Mexico/Colombia.

User Rating Destroyer gets 9.83 of 10 possible Points in the average!

• Like 1