Mouse damage to wiring ok for insurance claim?

notrub

19 07 2022   I saw a post where a person's car had the wiring extensively eaten by mice.  I have this problem too and they also ate a corner of a leather seat.  My (Toyota CH-R Hybrid) car is not immobilized but some rubber seals and the wires to one or two lights have been chewed.  What if they got into the main battery that powers the motor?  Is this a normal insurance claim?  I am fully insured (5*) with Allianz and have made no claims.  Would this affect my premiums?

Is there a service to kill all the mice?  I put poison and they eat it but it seems that they are still in there somewhere. Thanks very much for any comments.

I'd get a quote to fix then go for the claim if you think it's worth it, get any minor dings sorted at the same time, although it may well affect any no-claims.

Talk to your insurer.

We've been adopted by a cat who is ably assisted by a Sunbeam snake that lives in the long grass, no rats or mice ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notrub said:

Is there a service to kill all the mice?  I put poison and they eat it but it seems that they are still in there somewhere. Thanks very much for any comments.

Try a bag of mothballs in the engine bay. Or you can buy a liquid spray to keep rats and mice away.

I had the same problem as you 3 yrs ago. I bought the spray on Lazada and haven't had a problem since using it. I usually spray about every 2 months.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, Crossy said:

I'd get a quote to fix then go for the claim if you think it's worth it, get any minor dings sorted at the same time, although it may well affect any no-claims.

Talk to your insurer.

We've been adopted by a cat who is ably assisted by a Sunbeam snake that lives in the long grass, no rats or mice ???? 

Goodmorning (just).  Thank you.  You mention getting other dings sorted out at the same time as wire repair.  My experience with insurance companies has been that every damage is an incident so mice eating the wires would not be the same claim as a bump on the door.  In other countries that would be 2 claims.  Although all the mouse damage to wires, upholstery and rubber seals would be 1 claim even though there are 3 different things damaged.  Do you think that could be the same in Thailand? I will go to the garage etc. but just wonder what you think.  Thanks