Soi Buakhao restaurant charging 55 thb for a coke, opinions.......

EVENKEEL

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

What restaurant? that's the highest I've seen, easy solution is don't buy a drink at those places that overcharge

W............  It's not a big deal, I just find it odd that a place would do that. I've been in the food business which is why I take an interest. I only go to Pattaya occasionally, Prime Burger is next.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mnomad said:

70-80 baht for a can of coke in some pubs in Bangkok - and not hiso Thong Lor - normal places were you can get a pint of local lager for 120 or a little over.  55baht seems fine to me, perhaps they have a minimum profit margin of 40baht per drink of something like that, all very reasonable. You can't expect cost price drinks just because you eat - if that was the case ill be demanding my pint of Tiger for 50baht  

This is Soi Buakhao, not Bangkok. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

W............  It's not a big deal, I just find it odd that a place would do that. I've been in the food business which is why I take an interest. I only go to Pattaya occasionally, Prime Burger is next.

I can't think who W is, anybody? only discussing prices so not a big deal.

Just as a guide, Surprise on Soi 21, popular for ribs charges 20-25 baht for coke etc, a Thai place

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just as a guide, Surprise on Soi 21, popular for ribs charges 20-25 baht for coke etc, a Thai place

Spoon fed.or what? 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Witherspoons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The ice needs to be paid for , they either charge for the ice or charge more for the drinks .

BTW , are you the same poster whose day got ruined because he couldn't get a free plastic bag from a shop ?

No that wasn't me, maybe it was Leaver 555, ice isn't a big overhead usually places don't charge