Affiliate Marketing

We have probably all seen the YouTubers claiming to make thousands a month in affiliate marketing.

Well I started to try and learn about 7 months ago when I relocated back to Thailand, and It's pretty easy to learn to do with the right knowledge, time and effort, to be fair I only been making about $30 a month so far, but my two websites are very new. It can take a lot of tweaking to your SEO to start to kick in, and finding the right keywords

SEO            Search Engine Optimization

Keywords  Words or phrases that Google will pick up from your website that are being searched for thousands of times.

Anyone like to make a comment if they have tried or are doing successfully in Thailand, I know some guys are I am friends with on Facebook, i envy them

It's cheap to find domains for sale, some start for less than a $.but better ones are usually $9 a year and up I use Namecheap for buying domains and hosting your site

Here's one for you     Jingthing (hope he reads this)     www.jingthing.com   can buy it for $5 a year from go-daddy.com  , how about a nice Pattaya restaurant blog?

Namecheap            https://www.dpbolvw.net/click-100667477-14326259

Hosting your site runs out from a couple of dollars a month, so nothing to stop you from having ago, turn your hobby into a money-making website I started as a hobby so I don't get bored living here, something to get up for in the morning, I really enjoy the challenge

https://classwebhosting.com/       Comparison site of all the main hosting companies and prices, check out the deals and discount tab

Thoughts please?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seppius said:

We have probably all seen the YouTubers claiming to make thousands a month in affiliate marketing.

I am sure some make that money, and IMHO deserver that money, if they do the research and have the knowledge.

I.e. some time ago I followed some drone building and flying enthusiast. Joshua Bardwell is a good example.

He had very good knowledge about FPV drones and lots of people looked for this advice. And people bought what he suggested and he made money. Great.

(He is still active but I didn't follow him for a long time so I have no knowledge about his current channel.)

Other YouTube channels have things like: the best 10 vacuum cleaners. And then they show 10 marketing videos from those companies maybe with a little voiceover. IHMO those videos are useless and only exist to make money without bringing the user/customer any value. I hope they don't make money.

Personally I think if you want to make money with affiliate marketing then think about what you are good at and what you really want to do. And if you do it well and better than others then people will follow you and will listen to your advice and they will buy things and you will get commissions.

• Thanks 1

@Seppius If you want to tag a member in a post then type the @ sign and then immediately type the member's username. Do not use a space unless the member's username starts with a space. 

Once you can see the correct username, click it. The member will then be notified and you won't have to wonder if they see your post. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

@Seppius If you want to tag a member in a post then type the @ sign and then immediately type the member's username. Do not use a space unless the member's username starts with a space. 

Once you can see the correct username, click it. The member will then be notified and you won't have to wonder if they see your post. 

Thank you

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure some make that money, and IMHO deserver that money, if they do the research and have the knowledge.

I.e. some time ago I followed some drone building and flying enthusiast. Joshua Bardwell is a good example.

He had very good knowledge about FPV drones and lots of people looked for this advice. And people bought what he suggested and he made money. Great.

(He is still active but I didn't follow him for a long time so I have no knowledge about his current channel.)

Other YouTube channels have things like: the best 10 vacuum cleaners. And then they show 10 marketing videos from those companies maybe with a little voiceover. IHMO those videos are useless and only exist to make money without bringing the user/customer any value. I hope they don't make money.

Personally I think if you want to make money with affiliate marketing then think about what you are good at and what you really want to do. And if you do it well and better than others then people will follow you and will listen to your advice and they will buy things and you will get commissions.

Makes good sense what you say

• Thanks 1

Just in case you have read my post, but have no clue what affiliate marketing this is, a quick description....

"Affiliate marketing is the process of earning commissions for promoting another company's product (or service). As a marketing partner, you can promote the products of different companies and earn commissions from each of them. Affiliate marketing is a way to make money by selling brand products. At the same time, it allows affiliates to earn money selling products without creating their own products". 

Amazon has the biggest affiliate program, but low commission

Worried about writing content for your blog or website, this is the best AI writer I have found

https://ai-writer.com?via=robert10

PM me if you want help

Web vitals and performance as well being AMP ready are over 50% of the weight in SEO, so going for the cheapest hosting is the first big mistake. You could easily get 100 dollars a month within 3 months if following the proper available education material for affiliate marketing. 

Other than that it is nothing other than being a sales person or having a shop, the difference is using a website for it. Deliver quality content and products or services to those interested and you make a sale = affiliate comission.

Have done this for the past 10 years in Thailand, half my income is semi-passive. The only catch is to keep going, even the existing sites do well, as they usually die off after some years. 

YouTube is a completely different game, it's based on the ads within youtube or promoting on request. A bit similar to people who make websites where they depend 90% on Google Ads. 

GEO makes big differences, 100K views in Thailand might pay much less than 1K German views with interest in finance (simply as advertisers pay a lot per click for that specific country and niche). So you can also have youtubers that seem way less populair, but in reality earning the same as a big channel.

As well this can be the same for any affiliate website but I guess that is quite obvious. The vast majority doesn't take it serious neither continues long-term, so there is a lot of fish in the sea to catch.

It is quite hard to keep working for free, for months or even years, before then suddenly getting 3-5K a month doing barely anything aside of keeping things up to date and starting with new projects, but now while getting money too.

It usually doesn't go like growing 10 dollars a month but rather radical after a long silence with few results. A zero dollar earning site can turn into 300 a month, out of nowhere, over time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The first ones are going for mass and quantity, they still often earn quite some money even I consider it to be wasted data on the Internet in terms of real value.

The second thing is always easier, if you do something you also really like. However the money is often in things you do not like, but can help you to achieve being able to do what you like, once you have set the foundation of earnings.

Focus on what earns, and where there is space left in niches. When you earn, you can focus on what you like. This is why the new generation often is quite a big mess, they think they can follow their dreams and get rich.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

Google change their algorithms regarding keywords so the 1990s / dreamweaver ideas you are outlining don't really work. Manual SEO is obviously limited and is now dominated by server side sophisticated  scripting.

Good luck but most of what you  are talking about is what I taught school kids in England in the 90s.

If you can get an online video to go  viral you have a chance but with TT  and YT you need big luck.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Web vitals and performance as well being AMP ready are over 50% of the weight in SEO, so going for the cheapest hosting is the first big mistake. You could easily get 100 dollars a month within 3 months if following the proper available education material for affiliate marketing. 

Other than that it is nothing other than being a sales person or having a shop, the difference is using a website for it. Deliver quality content and products or services to those interested and you make a sale = affiliate comission.

Have done this for the past 10 years in Thailand, half my income is semi-passive. The only catch is to keep going, even the existing sites do well, as they usually die off after some years. 

YouTube is a completely different game, it's based on the ads within youtube or promoting on request. A bit similar to people who make websites where they depend 90% on Google Ads. 

GEO makes big differences, 100K views in Thailand might pay much less than 1K German views with interest in finance (simply as advertisers pay a lot per click for that specific country and niche). So you can also have youtubers that seem way less populair, but in reality earning the same as a big channel.

As well this can be the same for any affiliate website but I guess that is quite obvious. The vast majority doesn't take it serious neither continues long-term, so there is a lot of fish in the sea to catch.

It is quite hard to keep working for free, for months or even years, before then suddenly getting 3-5K a month doing barely anything aside of keeping things up to date and starting with new projects, but now while getting money too.

It usually doesn't go like growing 10 dollars a month but rather radical after a long silence with few results. A zero dollar earning site can turn into 300 a month, out of nowhere, over time.

Thank you for your comment, as I said very new to this, but I tend my sites every day, I have enjoyed the learning process.   Would be nice to get some earnings from them, but somehow doubt it, you probably realize the https://classwebhosting.com/ site is one of mine, I know it's high competition, but I think the site looks good compared to competition ones that are ranking high on Google

7 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Google change their algorithms regarding keywords so the 1990s / dreamweaver ideas you are outlining don't really work. Manual SEO is obviously limited and is now dominated by server side sophisticated  scripting.

Good luck but most of what you  are talking about is what I taught school kids in England in the 90s.

If you can get an online video to go  viral you have a chance but with TT  and YT you need big luck.

Good luck.

I do kick myself for not doing it a few years ago, I was always aware about Amazon A.M, just never had the time to sit down and get cracking with it

SEO is still very important if you go by the teachers online, as are keywords

Appreciate you taking the time to comment,thank you