Where can you actually smoke?

Besides your own place, obviously.

Most public areas are smoke-free. What about areas designated for smoking cigarettes? Does it make sense to smoke there?

Most hotels these days don't have smoking rooms. Where can tourists smoke, specifically in the cities?

Until the situation sorts out I'd say be cautious, outdoors, away from people, be aware of CCTV?

I would NOT smoke cannabis in a designated tobacco smoking area. But that's just me.

Even a hotel balcony may raise alarms with the family of four next door complaining, and then you get a visit by the police.

So far I haven't seen any encounters reported, believe the police have been told to avoid a potential PR disaster with a hands-off policy.

• Like 2

I was wondering about this because before the law I had some neighbors who smoked and could smell it in the floors hallway. I live on the 18th floor and have been smoking in the kitchen with the balcony door open. The kitchen has a sliding door to block it from the rest of the condo so I just turn the fan on blowing the smoke out. I'm sure people may smell it but I'm not smoking a lot. 

Do you all just smoke on your condos balcony or in the room?

• Like 1

Nowhere in public. People light up in late night bars all the time of course and guessing Khao San Rd is fun, and riding around one can pick it up any time of the day in whatever city. As a cautious tourist at this time, I’d be inclined to frequent lonely beaches and remote jungles. Going forward and to attract the stoner tourist, I’m sure Dutch-style brown cafes will pop up. In the meantime, just avoid being obvious, like hanging out at Seven with a big fat doobie lol. 

• Like 1

If you are sitting in a bar that is open to the street , just swivel your chair around , extend you neck until your head is poking outside the bars boundary and then light up and keep you head and neck and had and cigarette  over the bar/street boundary and the rest of your body sat on the chair inside the bar , not forgetting to blow the smoke outside

• Haha 2